Could Adams be shut down for the year?

Polk738

Reaction score
Injuries aside it just seems to me he's given up on the team, at what point do you have to realize that okay maybe I'm not having my best season right now because I'm still hurt? Even if that was the case how do you not at least be on the sidelines with your teammates, that says alot about his character and I know Pete doesn't take those kinds of decisions lightly, he might've told him he didn't need to stay but if he was all in on the team he would've stayed. IMO those kinds of decisions will end his career faster than injuries will.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The entire Jamal Adams story with the Seahawks is kind of sad. The Seahawks seem to have a history of believing that they are "one player away" from going to the SuperbOwl and have repeatedly ended up overpaying for a veteran that they hope will be "the answer".

But, this year the veteran signings seem to have paid off with both Love and "Big Cat" Williams really contributing in our recent "surge". There is still hope, even this season.

Because of the off the field "Yikes" story and his under performing performance, it is just time to "shut down" Jamal Adams...Keep him off the field so there is no chance of injuries and then cut him at the most opportune time. Maybe then he can "heal" both physically and mentally...He could still have a lot to offer to another team...but, hopefully not here.

Also there is this... " Julian Love wins NFC Defensive Player of the Week"!!!

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Adams wasn't at practice yesterday, and Pete's admitting that he could be shut down for the rest of the season, and if that happens, it's my bet that we've seen the last of him in a Seahawk uniform:

While Pete Carroll was hopeful that Adams would be back for Seattle’s Week 16 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, Adams was not ready to return to practice/walkthrough on Wednesday. His ongoing knee soreness is related to the torn quad, and it’s to the point where Carroll admits that shutting him down for the season has not been ruled out.

“We kind of don’t talk about that, but it’s been something that we have acknowledged and that’s a decision,” Carroll said on Wednesday (via Seattle Times). “So far, he’s wanted to keep going and driving and see what he can make of it. I just support everything where he’s coming from, in every way. We’ll take it one shot at a time, and we’ll figure it out together.”

This is a “one day at a time” approach so we could see anything from Adams playing this Sunday to not seeing him again this year. He’s already had two seasons shut down early due to injury, and he required torn labrum surgery following his first year with the Seahawks.

keasley45

Reaction score
He was a healthy scratch, but Pete still cited his injuries as part of the reasoning for his not playing. I also think that there could be some other, underlying causes, like a personal rub between him and Pete, which might have been part of Adams' not being in the stadium Monday night.

But healthy or not, I do think that Pete's lost a lot of faith in Adams and that you're right, he's probably not in our future. At least I hope that he isn't.
I think he is playing up adams injuries as a favor to him so that he can save face. It's bad enough he was benched. Pete calling him a warrior for fighting so hard to get back from what's a 2 year recovery process ... that's just Pete being a team guy. Message was sent. No need to make it anymore awkward.

Same with Woolen. Pete was asked if Riq was benched. Pete said he wasn't.

He obviously was. Pete's explanation- he started the guy who competed harder.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Wonder how his ego is going to handle it when he’s either released or relegated to a huge pay cut somewhere else - yikes

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think he is playing up adams injuries as a favor to him so that he can save face. It's bad enough he was benched. Pete calling him a warrior for fighting so hard to get back from what's a 2 year recovery process ... that's just Pete being a team guy. Message was sent. No need to make it anymore awkward.

Same with Woolen. Pete was asked if Riq was benched. Pete said he wasn't.

He obviously was. Pete's explanation- he started the guy who competed harder.
Up until last Monday, in 4 straight games, Adams had played on every defensive snap except one. That makes it hard for me to believe that Adams' problems can be attributed to his injuries.