Andrew luck

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why everyone loves this guy? I have said he is overrated more then anyone. .. ever.. dudes a turnover machine. .. he always gets the pass... they win.. it's luck.. they lose ..he has no weapons... sorry, his line is still better then ours, gore was supposed to fix the running game and Johnson was a huge pick up. They have played 2 teams with nfc west quality ds and luck has looked ridiculous. . How long does it take to admit that joke of a div pats his stats.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ambrose83":6y5ok63i said:
Can someone please tell me why everyone loves this guy? I have said he is overrated more then anyone. .. ever.. dudes a turnover machine. .. he always gets the pass... they win.. it's luck.. they lose ..he has no weapons... sorry, his line is still better then ours, gore was supposed to fix the running game and Johnson was a huge pick up. They have played 2 teams with nfc west quality ds and luck has looked ridiculous. . How long does it take to admit that joke of a div pats his stats.

Most turnovers in the entire NFL since 2014

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm not going to hate on the guy, because he is a really good QB. But for whatever reason all the "experts" keep calling him a top 3 QB and the next Peyton Manning. Call a spade a spade. He is a good quarterback, but not elite. Top 7 or 8 QB imo. Luck not having a run game, o-line and defense isn't helping him either.

I'd take Russell all day over Luck as well.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
He is a great QB who is responsible for the entire offense. He does all of the line protections and has complete audible control of the offense, he was constantly making the right calls tonight and got overwhelmed by a top 5 defense. The picks were all in 1v1 situations and the first that put them in a hole was off of Andre Johnsons hands. His team was down and he was trying to get them back in it.

None of his picks were as inexcusable as the RW screen pass int.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":q4ygovcz said:
He is a great QB who is responsible for the entire offense. He does all of the line protections and has complete audible control of the offense, he was constantly making the right calls tonight and got overwhelmed by a top 5 defense. The picks were all in 1v1 situations and the first that put them in a hole was off of Andre Johnsons hands. His team was down and he was trying to get them back in it.

So the Jets are a top 5 d now?

minormillikin

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2df4cfmw said:
TheRealDTM":2df4cfmw said:

They actually looked pretty good. 10 or more turnovers in first 2 weeks. The interceptions tonight were mainly caused by forcing bad throws. The pressure they got was great all night. I don't think the Colts oline is that great though. The pockets were collapsing instantly.

ringless

Reaction score
I was curious and just took a look at his stats, as well as Manning.

Rookie Year
Luck 4,374 YDS 23 TD's 18INT Luck Wins
Manning 3,379 YDS 26TD's 28INT

2nd Year
Luck 3,822 YDS 23TD's 9INT I'd say Luck wins marginally because of the far superior TD-INT ratio
Manning 4,135 YDS 26 TDS 15INT

3rd Year
Luck 4,761 YDS 40 TD's 16 INT
Manning 4413 YDS 33TDS 15INT

4th Year TBA

Total first 3 years:
Luck 12,957 YDS (+1030) 86 TDS (+1) 43 INT 15 less
Manning 11,927 YDS (-1030) 85 TDS (-1) 58 15 more

I think it's unfair to say Luck sucks. I'd be happy with those stats any day if that was the first 3 years of my QB's career. I know most people on this board hate him but come one. Dude is one of the best in the game despite not having a great team around him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2h4g2mze said:

I always get a chuckle out of this. I'm not making excuses for Wilson's pick but it never fails... His mistakes are inexcusable while Luck's, with his highly touted offense and these amazing new weapons in Gore and Johnson, are never on him. They're just a byproduct of his team not being as amazing as he is.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Laloosh":28ownzud said:
TheRealDTM":28ownzud said:

I always get a chuckle out of this. I'm not making excuses for Wilson's pick but it never fails... His mistakes are inexcusable while Luck's are just because his highly touted offense with these amazing new weapons in Gore and Johnson are never on him. They're just a byproduct of his team not being as amazing as he is.

Bingo

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ringless":160ai8ts said:
I was curious and just took a look at his stats, as well as Manning.

Rookie Year
Luck 4,374 YDS 23 TD's 18INT Luck Wins
Manning 3,379 YDS 26TD's 28INT

2nd Year
Luck 3,822 YDS 23TD's 9INT I'd say Luck wins marginally because of the far superior TD-INT ratio
Manning 4,135 YDS 26 TDS 15INT

3rd Year
Luck 4,761 YDS 40 TD's 16 INT
Manning 4413 YDS 33TDS 15INT

4th Year TBA

Total first 3 years:
Luck 12,957 YDS (+1030) 86 TDS (+1) 43 INT 15 less
Manning 11,927 YDS (-1030) 85 TDS (-1) 58 15 more

I think it's unfair to say Luck sucks. I'd be happy with those stats any day if that was the first 3 years of my QB's career. I know most people on this board hate him but come one. Dude is one of the best in the game despite not having a great team around him.

Manning also started his first 3 years when the defense could hit the QB alot more without a flag being thrown and CBs could rough up WRs. It was a way different time back then for offense

Colts were also in the AFC east at this time in Mannings first 3 years. It wasnt until 2002 the colts got thrown in with the Titans, Jags and Texans. Titans were actually pretty good back then

Slick

Reaction score
Laloosh":1s330geh said:
TheRealDTM":1s330geh said:

I always get a chuckle out of this. I'm not making excuses for Wilson's pick but it never fails... His mistakes are inexcusable while Luck's, with his highly touted offense and these amazing new weapons in Gore and Johnson, are never on him. They're just a byproduct of his team not being as amazing as he is.

Brings whole new meaning to "suck for Luck". I guess the team doesn't realize they're supposed to stop that when he's actually on the team.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Bad game for Luck.

Why not just have a "Luck is overrated" master thread. That way every time he playspoorly people can say "I told you" and every time he plays well people can just ignore it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":z09jmn65 said:
Bad game for Luck.

Why not just have a "Luck is overrated" master thread. That way every time he playspoorly people can say "I told you" and every time he plays well people can just ignore it.

Be a bit easier if they make 2 threads......Good Luck....Bad Luck..... :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You can tell which folks have him on their fantasy teams just by reading the posts. LOL.
One of the reasons I hate fantasy football.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":150q4edk said:

Jesus...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LOL I came to the nation board just to bring up Luck. Not in a "he sucks" but in a "it's never his fault"

Gruden and the other announcer specifically said Lucks 4 turnovers were all the line and skill positions fault. Not once did they point out that Luck threw it up while pressured, and maybe he should of taken a sack, or thrown it away, or maybe that was a bad decision to throw late over the middle or at revis. It's ALWAYS someone elses fault. Really quite comical.

Cartire

Reaction score
minormillikin":1fc0rqhq said:
Ambrose83":1fc0rqhq said:
TheRealDTM":1fc0rqhq said:

They actually looked pretty good. 10 or more turnovers in first 2 weeks. The interceptions tonight were mainly caused by forcing bad throws. The pressure they got was great all night. I don't think the Colts oline is that great though. The pockets were collapsing instantly.

This is the same game I saw.

But I do agree, the "its not Lucks fault", is getting pretty old. Guy is good. But hes not impervious to making mistakes. It is his fault sometimes. Just like it is RW's fault sometimes. (But a better line for both would be leaps and bounds.)