Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

Fade

Reaction score
Geno led the league in turnover worthy plays last year. He had a lot of interception luck and it appears to be running out.

He isn't progressing as a passer, instead a regression back to what he's always been is taking place for everyone to see.

This is very disappointing as he has been surrounded by the most talented offense the Seahawks have ever put on the field.

He just doesn't see the field, he pre-determines where he's going with the ball pre-snap.

If he guesses right? Success, as he is a very talented and accurate thrower.

If he guesses wrong? Disaster. Throwing into coverage, or doesn't pull the trigger for the sack due to not trusting what he is seeing.

This is what he was with the Jets. The Seahawks have better weapons and the rules favor QBs more than back then so his numbers will look better, but this not good.

The Seahawks are at a point where there is no question they must take a QB in the upcoming draft, AND consider moving on from Smith to save CAP as Geno is not worth his ballooning salary numbers going forward.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Dude, don't be that guy.

He's got what it takes, the oc was getting his lunch eaten all day.

That does bring me to next week though.

Next week if we see the same thing I think PC should put his money where his mouth is (his entire philosophy) and put Lock in.

He says he's riding the hot hand with rb's, do the exact same thing with QBs, if they can't handle it they aren't competitors.

You screwed up with the old qb, so, change it up. A football player is a football player, perform, don't hurt the team, or sit til you figure it out.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It might be best, honestly, for this to become clear. It makes the 2024 decision easy, and the current 2024 cap-projection nightmare a bit more feasible.

As it stands right now, the Hawks don't even have enough space to sign a rookie class.

To John's credit, there is a reason there are outs in '24 and '25.

NoGain

Reaction score
To me it would be negligent not to take a QB fairly early in the next draft. It's just time. We've got to prepare for the future. We haven't spent much of any draft capital on a QB since RW in the third round.

I go back and forth on Geno, probably because he goes back and forth for me. Today just freaked me out a bit after starting to feel good about him again, at least for the nearer term as our QB. He just didn't look confident or decisive.

renofox

Reaction score
..He says he's riding the hot hand with rb's...
He may say it but he sure isn't doing it.

Walker is ass when the planned holes don't open. Zach has better vision and decision-making abilities and is better when the O-line is sucking.

PC rides Walker when Zach is the one who should be playing.

p.s. when we were 3/6 on 3rd downs, I made a mental note that ZC was in for all 3 conversions, and out for all 3 failures.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
It might be best, honestly, for this to become clear. It makes the 2024 decision easy, and the current 2024 cap-projection nightmare a bit more feasible.

As it stands right now, the Hawks don't even have enough space to sign a rookie class.

To John's credit, there is a reason there are outs in '24 and '25.

Yeah, if you cannot definitively say Geno is the guy by the end of the year you have to cut him. Paying $35M APY for a bridge makes no sense, especially when you're up against the cap.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
To me that 3 yard line interception was bad, but it illustrates how they need a backup plan ready to go when the main gameplan is apparently planned for.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
He may say it but he sure isn't doing it.

Walker is ass when the planned holes don't open. Zach has better vision and decision-making abilities and is better when the O-line is sucking.

PC rides Walker when Zach is the one who should be playing.

p.s. when we were 3/6 on 3rd downs, I made a mental note that ZC was in for all 3 conversions, and out for all 3 failures.
There were a lot of things that annoyed me in this game, but not having Zach in on goaline annoyed me the most.

cymatica

Reaction score
I just think this thread is funny. Just a few hours ago Fade had a post about the defense already typed out, just waiting for a few edits here and there.

I thought it was a good game that was lost from a few mistakes. 2 bad plays gave Geno a bad stat line, he looked pretty good most the game. I think play calling and protection left him out to dry too often.