Jaworski at it again

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
This time he'll take Foles over Wilson and "it's not even close".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... er=ya5nbcs

Um, OK douchebag. Countdown to your irrelevance has commenced. I'd say you're at about 5 going from 10 down to 1.

Look I get that you prefer the old school pocket passer as a QB. That's fine. There are more than one effective approach to playing QB and winning. Oh yeah, winning. Something Russ has done more than any QB in history through 2 seasons. There is that.

But seriously you said last offseason Krapperdink would be "one of the best ever" and then you chose the Donkeys to beat the Hawks in XLVIII based on the film you watched from last year's preseason game between the 2 teams. Doesn't make you exactly credible. You could just shut up and go away anytime soon.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Good. This will give Russell something to tape to his locker.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3vdjj1tz said:
Seahawk fans, so easy to troll.

haha. so true. We should start a letter writing campaign.

random quarterback...

Cartire

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2cyxhnhn said:

This is the goto line of stupidity.

This isn't a rival fan. This is a (supposed) professional. Who makes a load of money for his opinion. If he's using his platform just to troll, then that guy needs to get fired ASAP.

And if he's not trolling, the his mind is officially gone and he needs to get fired ASAP.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cartire":28sdr44k said:
Scottemojo":28sdr44k said:

This is the goto line of stupidity.

This isn't a rival fan. This is a (supposed) professional. Who makes a load of money for his opinion. If he's using his platform just to troll, then that guy needs to get fired ASAP.
Jaws learned a long time ago to make bold sweeping statements that can't be proven as a way to gain viewership/get attention. He did it when he said Kaepernick would be one of the best QBs ever. He got a lot of mileage out of that bullshit too.

We know what Jaws is. He is an ESPN ratings hack, akin to Skip Bayless, except that he has some NFL credentials to cover up his media whorishness. Why help him get what he wants, which is more attention?

Why would ESPN fire him? He does exactly what they want him to do. Stir shit up,drive viewership.

BASF

Reaction score
I love Russell Wilson. I believe he is one of the five elite QB's in the league. I am on record that I marked like a teenage girl when we drafted him, exclaiming, "We drafted Russell Wilson."

So, it is with that perspective that I bring this to everyone's attention who want to jump on what Jaws said: Foles had better completion percentage, higher Yards Per Attempt, more TD's per Attempt and a far lower INT percentage than Wilson and the third highest single season passer rating in history. The Eagles also went 8-2 with him at QB as opposed to 2-4 under Vick, so he is a winning leader of his team. Is it such a stretch to say that someone would take Foles over Wilson? I would take umbrage with the, "It isn't even close" portion of his quote, but none of the previous posters have referenced that.

It absolutely remains to be seen if Foles can continue to produce at such a torrid pace as the league catches up to Chip Kelly's gimmick offense and teams get film on Foles and his tendencies, but let's not act like Jaws was saying he would take Blane Gabbert over Russell Wilson.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
BASF":3a051zld said:
I love Russell Wilson. I believe he is one of the five elite QB's in the league. I am on record that I marked like a teenage girl when we drafted him, exclaiming, "We drafted Russell Wilson."

So, it is with that perspective that I bring this to everyone's attention who want to jump on what Jaws said: Foles had better completion percentage, higher Yards Per Attempt, more TD's per Attempt and a far lower INT percentage than Wilson and the third highest single season passer rating in history. The Eagles also went 8-2 with him at QB as opposed to 2-4 under Vick, so he is a winning leader of his team. Is it such a stretch to say that someone would take Foles over Wilson? I would take umbrage with the, "It isn't even close" portion of his quote, but none of the previous posters have referenced that.

It absolutely remains to be seen if Foles can continue to produce at such a torrid pace as the league catches up to Chip Kelly's gimmick offense and teams get film on Foles and his tendencies, but let's not act like Jaws was saying he would take Blane Gabbert over Russell Wilson.

Then you must also take into account the defenses that each QB played against. Giants, Cowboys, and Washington in comparison to the niners, cards, and rams.

Cartire

Reaction score
BASF":2nretlxw said:

2 Things:

1st. Its called game film. You ever notice that when a backup ends up starting for a team, he usually does really well? This is because the defense has no idea about a players tendencies or style of play. Its extremely difficult in todays NFL to make plays on someone without a bit of scouting.

2nd. Great points about stats. But why are they allowed to use all those stats against Wilson (and say "Its not even close"). But those same exact stat comparisons arent allowed with Luck is in the conversation?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The problem with Foles is you only have ten games from which to judge him. He wasn't even their starting QB for the first five weeks of the season. In those ten games with Foles as the starter, they faced a lot of bad defenses. He's a statue with an accurate arm, and he really benefited from playing behind a great offensive line (kind of like Kaepernick for the ten games he played in 2012). Will Jaworski ever learn?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cartire":egev0xaj said:
BASF":egev0xaj said:

2 Things:

1st. Its called game film. You ever notice that when a backup ends up starting for a team, he usually does really well? This is because the defense has no idea about a players tendencies or style of play. Its extremely difficult in todays NFL to make plays on someone without a bit of scouting.

2nd. Great points about stats. But why are they allowed to use all those stats against Wilson (and say "Its not even close"). But those same exact stat comparisons arent allowed with Luck is in the conversation?

Your right, lets see how he does his second year.....but im a guy tat is impressed with foles. First year guy taking he leae by storm getting his team to playoffs, left playoffs thinking great things were coming.......sound frami.iar?

Im so over the they dont respect us crap...... They cant say our guys are number one in everything

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Foles is a real statue. With his RT suspended, we will get to see the real Nick Foles. Hope he doesn't get hurt too badly.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Foles had good numbers. Real good. But as has been mentioned already, he was the new kid on the block playing against some pretty bad defenses. There were plenty of instances where he had huge yards on quick dink and dunk plays that benefited from severe defensive breakdowns. We saw this also on some of his long throws.

He's obviously not a bad quarterback and has a strong arm. But put him with our offensive line from last year and he's probably starting this season on PUP.

drdiags

Reaction score
He is a former-Eagles QB and he was on a Philly radio station. I think those facts have to be considered. The other fact is that Wilson does not fit his eye for what he expects/respects in a QB. You can get upset and call him an idiot but that isn't going to change his rankings or mind.

I used to respect Jaws for his NFL insights while discussing game film but he has shown not to the fair, neutral analyst I once considered him to be. So in this case, I just see it as a person playing to a home crowd.

These type of discussions are good for filling time, shooting the breeze with your bud at a bar or on an NFL fan forum. By the time things have enough info to back up one claim or disprove it, folks will have moved on to some new topic. Like, is Johnny Football going to lead the next Browns dynasty. Or create your own topic.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Just for context, Jaws was talking to Philadelphia sports radio when he said that. Not surprising. More homer-ish than troll-ish, but still premature and over-the-top

hawknation2014":1q6dco18 said:
... you only have ten games from which to judge him. He wasn't even their starting QB for the first five weeks of the season ... benefited from playing behind a great offensive line ... like Kaepernick for the ten games he played in 2012. Will Jaworski ever learn?
Astute parallel. Jaws flips his wig for a standout young QB before he plays 3/4 of a single season. :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":3lk7isrl said:
Ok, lets just settle this now. Jaws is dumb.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ... -board-nfl

I dont care if hes on a Philly show. If its "not even close", then why rank him 6 spots ahead in his rankings? I mean honestly. He either thinks foles is better or Russell.
meh, he is one those talking heads that when I listen I hear Charlie Brown's teacher. There are very few talking heads I take seriously as most of them do not do their homework and or are trying to stir the pot by making idiotic and outrageous statements. They can all kiss Russell Wilson's (Super Bowl) ring.........

Latest posts