WOW What A Game!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't had the luxury of watching it on TV (although I have a date with my couch tonight to do just that) but coming back from the game I am one satisfied customer. When Russ threw the game-winning TD to Graham with 26 seconds left in the game it was pure ecstasy in the stands. High fives, hugging strangers...There is nothing else on the planet that comes close to that kind of social bonding (not including raves with drugs named "Molly").

As my wife and I were leaving the game I turned to her and said, "See? This is why we spend the kind of money we do every year on season tickets." You can't put a price on those moments in the stands like that final TD pass. I wish every 12 could experience that feeling at least once.

(I would like to use this opportunity to remind my wife that she chose to turn around in the NFC Championship game against the 49ers when Sherman said "NOPE" to Crabtree in our endzone where our seats are and the deal was closed to cement our trip to the sacred XLVIII but whatever).

But I digress. Had the good fortune to meet up with a dear old friend in Kidhawk today at Temple. I will take his presence as the good omen it turned out to be. Hawkstorian was there as well as Dom. .NET/Temple isn't dead yet. There's still life in that old haunt.

I never would have thought the Texans would have thrown 38 on us at home. Thank god I didn't bet on it. Our defense was surprisingly inept on many plays but they made the plays when they had to. Sherman had to admit that it was the offense this time that bailed the defense out, which you don't hear all that much these days so that was nice.

Every Texans fan I bumped into (and there was a shocking amount of them, far more than we expected) I told them how proud they should be to have such a great new franchise QB in their midst. After all, the last one they had I think had MOON on the back of his jersey.

Watson is the real deal. No question. Could have easily won today. Thankfully the offense - EVEN WITH NEGATIVE RUNNING YARDS INTO THE 4TH QUARTER - kept up and answered the bell every time.

Guys and gals, we can dissect this game and talk all about the issues and problems and missed tackles and drops and etc, etc, but to win a game like this is epic. EPIC.

5-2 feels DAMN good to this old 12.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Watson, will is solid and will be a thorn in the arse for a long time.

My question is what happened in the last play where Jimmy was so wide open? Was it just a simple matter of a blown assignment, which more I think about it, is probably what happened.

soje

Reaction score
Not only Graham, but Baldwin was also pretty much open.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Bobblehead":8fczcpj9 said:

My question is what happened in the last play where Jimmy was so wide open? Was it just a simple matter of a blown assignment, which more I think about it, is probably what happened.
Maybe their defense was just like "ehhhhh, Seattle never throws it to Jimmy in the end zone, it's not likely to be an issue" - lol.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1d7ls7id said:
Bobblehead":1d7ls7id said:

Maybe their defense was just like "ehhhhh, Seattle never throws it to Jimmy in the end zone, it's not likely to be an issue" - lol.

You maybe right, I was like taking a double take.. Jimmy.. really Jimmy?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":3s7k7e0n said:
I never would have thought the Texans would have thrown 38 on us at home. Thank god I didn't bet on it....

5-2 feels DAMN good to this old 12.

If you had been told before the game only that the Texans put up 38 against us without also hearing how well the Hawks did, would you have bet anything at all that we'd have won? That's a crazy amount of points for our D to give up at home. Texans are indeed good; but RW and team were better when it counted.

5-2 feels very good indeed, like we earned all these wins, and not in the prettiest or most convincing of ways.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2u0gf3af said:

I think that d let up expecting Russ to clock the ball.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3axwo2ht said:

That is on the coaches IMHO

I have seen teams let the other team get everyone lined up and then use their time out. You let as much clock go as possible but then you get your guys set and all in the right formation.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2nkvqfnd said:
If you had been told before the game only that the Texans put up 38 against us without also hearing how well the Hawks did, would you have bet anything at all that we'd have won? That's a crazy amount of points for our D to give up at home.

Funny I was just talking to a buddy about that. I told him if you would have told me that the Texans would score 38 in this game (without knowing the final score) I would have said the Texans would be the winners 9 out of 10 times.

I thought the mean average for the Texans was 17. Guess I was off by a few points. Or 21 but who's counting?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":2qhlzle8 said:
Ad Hawk":2qhlzle8 said:
If you had been told before the game only that the Texans put up 38 against us without also hearing how well the Hawks did, would you have bet anything at all that we'd have won? That's a crazy amount of points for our D to give up at home.

Funny I was just talking to a buddy about that. I told him if you would have told me that the Texans would score 38 in this game (without knowing the final score) I would have said the Texans would be the winners 9 out of 10 times.

I thought the mean average for the Texans was 17. Guess I was off by a few points. Or 21 but who's counting?

How ironic to have that same conversation today.

The Texans did indeed score well above their mean, and we just helped their mean rise, too. :oops:

I'm counting points scored against us (a bit) because I'd love to see the Hawks have the best PPG Defense in the league again. But as long as we keep winning, I'm OK with however it gets done. A win in the final football game of post-season won't matter how it happens either. I mean, amiright?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah as fans we hate seeing the game within the game stats falter (Defensive PPG et al) but at the end of the day all that matters in this league is W's period. Just win. Just. Win.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20beqzln said:
Bobblehead":20beqzln said:

You mean all this time Bev has been running the long con?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2mjztlep said:
You mean all this time Bev has been running the long con?

Yep. Brilliant and totally worth it!

8a-unhappy-stooges.jpg

Seafan

Reaction score
A lot of questions after a FANTASTIC win. Run blocking? Defense? Penalties? Why stick with the run so long?

But more important are possible injury issues. Earl's hamstring being the biggest.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seafan":hkx8uh55 said:
A lot of questions after a FANTASTIC win. Run blocking? Defense? Penalties? Why stick with the run so long?

But more important are possible injury issues. Earl's hamstring being the biggest.
1. Sucked
2. I don't have a clue
3. The usual
4. Pete
5. Pete said Earl is fine

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seafan":hedlk6bn said:

So much said with a small amount of words. It seemed like the Texans specifically game planed to stop the run. They were flying to the ball. I know our run blocking is suspect but we can usually string together some good runs on a drive. Their aggression to our run got them devoured by our playaction.

IMHO it seems like their defensive line is underrated (at least I think so) with Watt out. They had some guys I have never heard of making some stout great plays (I'm excluding our poor run blocking, sometimes there is just good football plays made despite ones opposition).

I want to say their O-Line is underrated as well but it is not like they established a running game and felt like we did put some respectable pressure on Watson. I'm thinking Watson is going to make a lot of good defenses look pedestrian (no excuse for us). Still don't understand why he wasn't picked higher in the draft. It was obvious he wasn't balling out just because of sheer athleticism in college. I think he could still play in the NFL as a QB even if he ran a 5.0 40. Guys got good accuracy, a good arm and is an intelligent/mature young dude.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2vkcvyux said:
Seafan":2vkcvyux said:

So much said with a small amount of words. It seemed like the Texans specifically game planed to stop the run. They were flying to the ball. I know our run blocking is suspect but we can usually string together some good runs on a drive. Their aggression to our run got them devoured by our playaction.

IMHO it seems like their defensive line is underrated (at least I think so) with Watt out. They had some guys I have never heard of making some stout great plays (I'm excluding our poor run blocking, sometimes there is just good football plays made despite ones opposition).

I want to say their O-Line is underrated as well but it is not like they established a running game and felt like we did put some respectable pressure on Watson. I'm thinking Watson is going to make a lot of good defenses look pedestrian (no excuse for us). Still don't understand why he wasn't picked higher in the draft. It was obvious he wasn't balling out just because of sheer athleticism in college. I think he could still play in the NFL as a QB even if he ran a 5.0 40. Guys got good accuracy, a good arm and is an intelligent/mature young dude.

Watson's issues were whether his skills could transfer to the NFL, GM's and scouts tend to overlook one thing, he finds a way to win and competes his ass off, sound familiar, Montana, Tarkington, Flutie also had question marks about a certain skill sets, their ability to find a way to win and lead and make others better were over looked.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
That game exhausted me like no other regular season game. Beautiful win.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":11c6qgb0 said:
seahawkfreak":11c6qgb0 said:
Seafan":11c6qgb0 said:

Watson's issues were whether his skills could transfer to the NFL, GM's and scouts tend to overlook one thing, he finds a way to win and competes his ass off, sound familiar, Montana, Tarkington, Flutie also had question marks about a certain skill sets, their ability to find a way to win and lead and make others better were over looked.
Well we have better, so relax and chill and talk with me. I'll help you chill out. Trust me.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2urq4z3q said:
That game exhausted me like no other regular season game. Beautiful win.

main-qimg-3b0094638e5d41780c90cbdb20b5a03c-c