You're going to lose games, it happens... but

Fade

Reaction score
Why not go out swinging with your best punch?

Let Wilson work his magic for 4 quarters and let the chips fall where they may. Instead of screwing around and playing paddy-cake for 2 quarters in the playoffs. This was the year to try that given the injuries, but Pete wants to start every game the same way, and some how is surprised that it fails spectacularly. I will never understand this logic.

That wasn't even the biggest issue though.

I found it far more damning that they allowed Davante Adams free releases, and Trey Flowers 1-on-1 most of the game. Again throw your best punch, put Shaq Griffin on him, your best corner.

Davante Adams had 8 catches for 160 yards and two touchdowns. :2thumbs: Great gameplan fellas, as GB was loaded with a myriad of stud receiving targets, and it was a pick your poison type of scenario /s. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These losses would be easier to handle if they threw their best punch. Let Wilson off the leash for 4 quarters and they still lose? I can live with that. Put your best corner on Adams and he beats you? I can live with that.

I am not in the least bit surprised, mind you. How it went down , as I checked out after the AZ loss, as I have seen this movie too many times over the last 5 seasons, and it is beyond stupefying.

As bad as the final quarter of the season was, this team has managed their cap really well, have a young roster with a lot of guys that will only get better. 10+ draft picks upcoming. They have set themselves up to be true contenders next year and beyond with just a few logical moves in the off-season.

If Seattle can do these five things in the off-season they can win a Super Bowl.

1. Retain Clowney, and sign a stud pass rusher in UFA to pair with him. If Clowney walks, sign 2 stud pass rushers in UFA. The Packers did that for Rodgers last off-season, the Seahawks can do it this off-season for Wilson.

2. Hand the keys to Wilson and get out of his way. Let Russ Cook. Treat him like the highest WAR player in the league that he is. He isn't Mitchell Trubisky. You can stack rushing yards in the 4th qtr when you're up 3 scores and running the clock out. Which doesn't mean abandon the run btw. It just means, make your MVP caliber QB apart of the gameplan in the 1st half, not a professional ball-warmer for the RB.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1216512987651092486[/tweet]

3. Left Guard, upgrade it. Brown -- New LG -- Pocic -- Fluker/Jones -- Fant

4. Roll with someone else at RCB. Flowers ain't it, and dump Lano Hill to boot. He makes, TT, look like a pro-bowler.

5. I saved the best for last. Ken Norton. He is not an NFL DC. He should not be coordinating a team with championship aspirations. It is reckless and irresponsible if he is retained. Kris Richard is an instant upgrade at the spot. They can do much better if they so chose to.

The ball is in your court, Pete. Don't screw it up.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Really disagree with Richard..people forget how terrible he was here. I think their was a lot of influence from the LOB to give him that job.

getnasty

Reaction score
Why do people think its just easy to stop great player like Davonte Adams? It like saying why don't the Ravens and Pats just keep Derrick Henry from running for 190 yards?

Elemas

Reaction score
getnasty":3d5iz65o said:
Why do people think its just easy to stop great player like Davonte Adams? It like saying why don't the Ravens and Pats just keep Derrick Henry from running for 190 yards?

Yah but...like the OP alluded to...do you stick the lesser of the two corners on him orrrrrrrrr....

Agree with OP. Throw in an o-lineman or two. Wonder what Russ could do then...

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Great post Fade, unfortunately there are a bunch of people on the site that think that you can only win in the 4th quarter and are willing to follow Pete to the bitter end.

Now when I say the bitter end, I simply mean first or second round of the playoffs. Obviously, it isn't the end of the world but I assume the purpose of any head coach is to win super bowls.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
getnasty":3oig0t7l said:

Reading comp fail.

I can live with the results if Shaq Griffin is covering him. the couple of times he did, it was incomplete btw.

And then there is this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/1216561544995041280[/tweet]

-99 in the first half. GrEaT CoAcHiNg!!!!!!! Pete wants to keep going back to the same well for some reason.

kf3339

Reaction score
Fade":156vlked said:
getnasty":156vlked said:

Reading comp fail.

I can live with the results if Shaq Griffin is covering him. the couple of times he did, it was incomplete btw.

And then there is this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/1216561544995041280[/tweet]

-99 in the first half. GrEaT CoAcHiNg!!!!!!! Pete wants to keep going back to the same well for some reason.

Yep, that is a pretty damning statistic.

John63

Reaction score
Fade":1rhgdaxd said:
Why not go out swinging with your best punch?

Let Wilson work his magic for 4 quarters and let the chips fall where they may. Instead of screwing around and playing paddy-cake for 2 quarters in the playoffs. This was the year to try that given the injuries, but Pete wants to start every game the same way, and some how is surprised that it fails spectacularly. I will never understand this logic.

That wasn't even the biggest issue though.

I found it far more damning that they allowed Davante Adams free releases, and Trey Flowers 1-on-1 most of the game. Again throw your best punch, put Shaq Griffin on him, your best corner.

Davante Adams had 8 catches for 160 yards and two touchdowns. :2thumbs: Great gameplan fellas, as GB was loaded with a myriad of stud receiving targets, and it was a pick your poison type of scenario /s. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These losses would be easier to handle if they threw their best punch. Let Wilson off the leash for 4 quarters and they still lose? I can live with that. Put your best corner on Adams and he beats you? I can live with that.

I am not in the least bit surprised, mind you. How it went down , as I checked out after the AZ loss, as I have seen this movie too many times over the last 5 seasons, and it is beyond stupefying.

As bad as the final quarter of the season was, this team has managed their cap really well, have a young roster with a lot of guys that will only get better. 10+ draft picks upcoming. They have set themselves up to be true contenders next year and beyond with just a few logical moves in the off-season.

If Seattle can do these five things in the off-season they can win a Super Bowl.

1. Retain Clowney, and sign a stud pass rusher in UFA to pair with him. If Clowney walks, sign 2 stud pass rushers in UFA. The Packers did that for Rodgers last off-season, the Seahawks can do it this off-season for Wilson.

2. Hand the keys to Wilson and get out of his way. Let Russ Cook. Treat him like the highest WAR player in the league that he is. He isn't Mitchell Trubisky. You can stack rushing yards in the 4th qtr when you're up 3 scores and running the clock out. Which doesn't mean abandon the run btw. It just means, make your MVP caliber QB apart of the gameplan in the 1st half, not a professional ball-warmer for the RB.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1216512987651092486[/tweet]

3. Left Guard, upgrade it. Brown -- New LG -- Pocic -- Fluker/Jones -- Fant

4. Roll with someone else at RCB. Flowers ain't it, and dump Lano Hill to boot. He makes, TT, look like a pro-bowler.

5. I saved the best for last. Ken Norton. He is not an NFL DC. He should not be coordinating a team with championship aspirations. It is reckless and irresponsible if he is retained. Kris Richard is an instant upgrade at the spot. They can do much better if they so chose to.

The ball is in your court, Pete. Don't screw it up.

Great post spot on!!!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I can agree with most of the post BUT I feel like all
the injuries at key spots just left us too short.
Yet yes we could have won it all anyway.
I understand the fustrations and want to see some
changes as well.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
At least pete didnt quit on the team like you quit posting game thoughts. Lol

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":27dagy5k said:
At least pete didnt quit on the team like you quit posting game thoughts. Lol

No he just forced the team to play with one arm tied behinds its back till it was to late.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":gq5dzoia said:
Really disagree with Richard..people forget how terrible he was here. I think their was a lot of influence from the LOB to give him that job.

To be fair Richard was criticized for not being able to maintain what Bradley had with way less talent, Sherm and Kam were out for the season Richard's final year he did not have a lot to work with. He was not terrible, Norton is a terrible coordinator.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":9fyunrmc said:
Great post Fade, unfortunately there are a bunch of people on the site that think that you can only win in the 4th quarter and are willing to follow Pete to the bitter end.

Now when I say the bitter end, I simply mean first or second round of the playoffs. Obviously, it isn't the end of the world but I assume the purpose of any head coach is to win super bowls.

You realize there is one coach in the NFL with multiple super bowls right? This year there will be another coach with a single Super Bowl. Getting back to the Super Bowl is not easy -- period.

Yes I will take Pete getting us to the 2nd round (He's only been one and done, once in 10 years so for you to call it a trend is false) because we are close and those games can go either way,

Payton and Harbaugh both missed the playoffs three years in a row. Would you have wanted them as our coach?

The key here is to be better in the regular season, we are 10-0 at home in the playoffs. HFA is everything -- notice the top 2 seeds in the NFC are advancing? That's really what it comes down to.

quadsas

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3s52v064 said:
bevellisthedevil":3s52v064 said:

You realize there is one coach in the NFL with multiple super bowls right? This year there will be another coach with a single Super Bowl. Getting back to the Super Bowl is not easy -- period.

Yes I will take Pete getting us to the 2nd round (He's only been one and done, once in 10 years so for you to call it a trend is false) because we are close and those games can go either way,

Payton and Harbaugh both missed the playoffs three years in a row. Would you have wanted them as our coach?

The key here is to be better in the regular season, we are 10-0 at home in the playoffs. HFA is everything -- notice the top 2 seeds in the NFC are advancing? That's really what it comes down to.

Payton and Harbaugh never had a quarterback of Russell Wilson's calibre. It should be painfully obvious to everyone that it is Russell who wins games, not Pete. He's not a bad coach, but he simply isn't what we need right now. We need someone who doesn't need Russell Wilson to dig him out the hole that he purposely puts his team into.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm completely in agreement with you, Fade. Losing the game isn't what upset me so much last night; it was HOW we lost. Shooting ourselves in the dick intentionally gets so damn old.

Reaction score
I agree with what a lot of the op said.

However I feel it is going to be the same if we get rid of Norton or not. I half way think besides a handful of people on this team he is one of the only ones with any heart. Now I'm not saying get rid of Pete. But it is Pete brand of football that doesn't allow our best cb to blanket the other teams best wr. We had all world in Sherman and I can recall him doing it maybe twice, That is Pete scheme. It is also Pete scheme on offense that is how he likes to play and we all know that. He runs and when we cant run he rums some more. What we need are better players that can move the chain on offense. Better players on defense to make his scheme work like it did. Football is a lot of luck we did not have the depth to overcome all the injuries period. Then talent in the secondary was not that good either. We have to start generating a better pass rush/ Keep Clowney sign a nickel back/ Get our running backs back and maybe a quick slot guy to take Doug place upgrade lleft guard and right tackle or kick Fant over there, Get a quick wr that can play the Doug position someone like Hamler (Penn State) would be great in this offense cuz he could take it to the house at ant given moment. How the hell would u stop Lockett DK and KJ Hammler the answer you don't.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with any of these thoughts. I think the coaching staff can coach this treat to a super bowl win but they have to be able to make a few changes in their philosophy. THEY HAVE TO LET RUSS BE RUSS. Remove the ******* handcuffs already. The defense has to learn to play press coverage and when to play it. The defense has to be better covering the middle.

When it comes to the defense I think it’s more on our players then our coaching staff. Players like Hill get out of position or just flat out get burned. We just don’t have the talent to be consistent for 4 quarters. Our tackling is not good enough either. We are spoiled, the LOB hardly EVER missed a tackle. They kept everything in front of them but never missed the first tackle. They gang tackled and didn’t give YAC!

Let’s just hope we draft better then in the past.

NJlargent

Reaction score
This coaching staff is not going to change philosophy. We will be competitive until we longer have Russ. I’m just hoping PC gets to coach one season without him so he will get exposed as a 5-6 win coach.

Latest posts