How the hell are ya ?

STAR WARS

Reaction score
You cats gave me a hard time the last time I was hear saying I only came around when we won. That wasn’t accurate but I thought I’d offer some thoughts before a game I don’t “ think” The Cowboys will win.

I sniffed around some of your post and I think most of you know this should be a high scoring game. And you know the drill, anytime you are talking lots of points, the game becomes more susceptible to a bad call, bad bounce etc. That’s one way the Cowboys can steal a win here.

The other thing you want to watch for is our D line. This fn moron Mike Nolan has had traditional ... and very good 4/3 ends playing in a 2 point stance in his 43/34 hybrid BS defense. “Supposedly ” our Coaching staff has seen enough of that fail and we will have some hands in the dirt in this game. Our Pass rush to this point has been wholesale trash.... so anything that gets us a handful of more productive downs out of the D line can only help us “maybe” get a key stop here and there.

We will need that.

Otherwise.... I do expect Wilson to do his business against our clearance rack secondary. Wilson has been my favorite QB for longer than the league is now acknowledging him for. It used to be a toss up between him and Rogers on who is more dangerous out of the pocket.... and I think RW has taken the lead there. Rogers may throw a better rope on the run... but RW’s touch is just ridiculous.

I saw some other post here that called Dak “Wilson lite”. Um.... no. I really do wish ... but no. Dak can make some top shelf throws.... but the consistency, clutch, pocket awareness is not elite. And at year 5... you are who you are.

With all that said.... these Cowboys Hawks games for the last 7 years have mostly been epic.... and the tape says this should be more of the same.

Oh.... and sorry our dumb ass coach is flaunting his new found “ analytics” religion and didn’t have the common sense to tie that Rams game and most likely win it. The good news for you is that he will probably be just as stupid in this game.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Love your writing style dude. I'd think it was me writing it. It's basically a game of two high-powered offenses against two mediocre defenses. High score wins. Wilson is just playing out of his mind right now, with the receivers catching almost everything thrown their way. Should be a good one. Thanks for dropping by SW.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
BlueThunder":34agp3ls said:
Love your writing style dude. I'd think it was me writing it. It's basically a game of two high-powered offenses against two mediocre defenses. High score wins. Wilson is just playing out of his mind right now, with the receivers catching almost everything thrown their way. Should be a good one. Thanks for dropping by SW.

I should hope your WRs are catching those balls that are dropped in like a butterfly with sore feet.

On the other hand, Cowboys WRs are making Dak look good. Cooper bailed out Dak ( and the team) with a monster grab last week. With attention on him and Lamb, the real gem for us has been Michael Gallup. He’s flashing some Dez Bryant with his ridiculous contested catch chops. ( see: Ass cheek catch from falcons game).

This game could easily see 800 + yrds through the air.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Do cowboy fans want to see Dak get paid, or would they rather see him walk?

I think this game is a toss up, but only because im so down on the hawks pass rush

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good stuff...Dak is an anomaly to me. On passing thought (no pun intended) I think of him as average but his stats since last year don't lie. Good news is, unlike many opposing QBs in the past, I don't hate the guy. Hell, I kinda like him actually (and that hurts being that he is a Cowboy. No offense, lol). But he does do things that keep him out of legitimate elite conversation. Maybe that changes in year 6, 7, 8?

If it wasn't for the whole pathetically pretentious and perpetual "America's Team" moniker I probably would actually like the Cowboys but man, I just can't. I respect you and any other fan of the team because hey, that's your tribe and you belong to that tribe and you stand by that tribe through thick and thin and that, I respect.

As for the game, I agree...It's gonna be an offensive onslaught. Dak has a lot of weapons and our defense is at the bottom of the league in almost every category other than the run. Yet, call me homer that's fine, but until I can see proof that ANY defense in the league can stop Russell Wilson this season who is CLEARLY tired of hearing about Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes and is proving to the world why he is deserving to be MVP...

3-0.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Almost hate to admit the Cowboys were my favorite team back in the Staubach era. That ended once and for all on an extremely cold -25 or so Montana night coming up on New Years Eve...1980 I think it was. We were still a fledgling expansion team at that time and played them in Dallas. IIRC they beat us something like 56-6. Having just met with Zorn earlier that year I hated Dallas for that unnecessary piling on and became a Seahawk forever.
Not much I'd like more than to see Russ and our guys score a boatload of points while our defense comes to life with a banner outing of their own.
Go Hawks!

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2t3skood said:
Do cowboy fans want to see Dak get paid, or would they rather see him walk?

I think this game is a toss up, but only because im so down on the hawks pass rush

Well.... I think the majority of truly engaged fans want to see him take a deal that would put his 2022-2023 and beyond salary in a bracket that would be middle of the pack QB money. Unfortunately, that means paying him now at a rate that seems to high for his skill set. That’s just how the NFL goes. Dak has enough skills to win a championship as long as the roster around him is well managed with heavy resources on the o line/running game. Lots of QBs can win with that formula and you don’t need to be elite across the board to win a Championship.

Supposedly Dak was offered something like 35/M a year and most of us think it was pathetic that his agent didn’t take that. That offer is in line with what Desean Watson got.... as you need to consider he had two years remaining on his rookie contract. You blend out his current salary with that extension and you have about 35M/yr.

Again that is too rich for the tape as it is now.... but with the expanded Cap ( covid is going to mess that up for a year ) that salary for a good ( not elite) QB would be manageable.

Of course I’d rather us find a way to land some elite arm talent.... but who would that be and what would we have to do to get him ? Starting caliber NFL QBs are hard to come by

And yes it should be a great ball game. Dak does not do well in a dirty pocket, so if your d line can’t make some noise against our beat up O line then that is likely to be the key to the game.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Aros":139h8hun said:
Good stuff...Dak is an anomaly to me. On passing thought (no pun intended) I think of him as average but his stats since last year don't lie. Good news is, unlike many opposing QBs in the past, I don't hate the guy. Hell, I kinda like him actually (and that hurts being that he is a Cowboy. No offense, lol). But he does do things that keep him out of legitimate elite conversation. Maybe that changes in year 6, 7, 8?

If it wasn't for the whole pathetically pretentious and perpetual "America's Team" moniker I probably would actually like the Cowboys but man, I just can't. I respect you and any other fan of the team because hey, that's your tribe and you belong to that tribe and you stand by that tribe through thick and thin and that, I respect.

As for the game, I agree...It's gonna be an offensive onslaught. Dak has a lot of weapons and our defense is at the bottom of the league in almost every category other than the run. Yet, call me homer that's fine, but until I can see proof that ANY defense in the league can stop Russell Wilson this season who is CLEARLY tired of hearing about Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes and is proving to the world why he is deserving to be MVP...

3-0.

Believe me... it’s pretty frustrating for me as a fan. I’ve been following the game long enough to see those details that separate the elite from average. Dak will have horrible pocket awareness one minute and the next he drops a 40 yard dime that’s as solid as can be. Could he get more consistent? Maybe.... but I’d expect to have seen that in year 4 and it didn’t really happen. Those gaudy numbers from last year have a lot garbage time / abandon the running game passing yards because you are behind by 3 scores. We were behind in those games because of poor QB play early.

A lot folks don’t know that the “ America’s Team” branding was put on the Cowboys by NFL films... not the Cowboys. They supposedly offered it to the Steelers but they declined. Cowboys and Steelers were the top teams of the 70s which was the first full decade of the NFL as we know it, so that’s why they both have the largest fan bases in football. Even though I grew up in skids territory, I’m still a product of that era. My Grandfather was in WWII with Tom Laundry... so I sat on his lap and watched him cheer on the guys with Stars on their helmet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Appyhawk":e51k5viz said:
Almost hate to admit the Cowboys were my favorite team back in the Staubach era. That ended once and for all on an extremely cold -25 or so Montana night coming up on New Years Eve...1980 I think it was. We were still a fledgling expansion team at that time and played them in Dallas. IIRC they beat us something like 56-6. Having just met with Zorn earlier that year I hated Dallas for that unnecessary piling on and became a Seahawk forever.
Not much I'd like more than to see Russ and our guys score a boatload of points while our defense comes to life with a banner outing of their own.
Go Hawks!

Similar..

The Catch did it for me. My last game as a Cowboys fan.