WOW What A Game!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Josea16":1l36ny49 said:
chris98251":1l36ny49 said:
seahawkfreak":1l36ny49 said:
Seafan":1l36ny49 said:
A lot of questions after a FANTASTIC win. Run blocking? Defense? Penalties? Why stick with the run so long?

But more important are possible injury issues. Earl's hamstring being the biggest.

So much said with a small amount of words. It seemed like the Texans specifically game planed to stop the run. They were flying to the ball. I know our run blocking is suspect but we can usually string together some good runs on a drive. Their aggression to our run got them devoured by our playaction.

IMHO it seems like their defensive line is underrated (at least I think so) with Watt out. They had some guys I have never heard of making some stout great plays (I'm excluding our poor run blocking, sometimes there is just good football plays made despite ones opposition).

I want to say their O-Line is underrated as well but it is not like they established a running game and felt like we did put some respectable pressure on Watson. I'm thinking Watson is going to make a lot of good defenses look pedestrian (no excuse for us). Still don't understand why he wasn't picked higher in the draft. It was obvious he wasn't balling out just because of sheer athleticism in college. I think he could still play in the NFL as a QB even if he ran a 5.0 40. Guys got good accuracy, a good arm and is an intelligent/mature young dude.

Watson's issues were whether his skills could transfer to the NFL, GM's and scouts tend to overlook one thing, he finds a way to win and competes his ass off, sound familiar, Montana, Tarkington, Flutie also had question marks about a certain skill sets, their ability to find a way to win and lead and make others better were over looked.
Well we have better, so relax and chill and talk with me. I'll help you chill out. Trust me.

We have better what?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BtQJ6l8CAAAZvN7.jpg

Josea16

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1p0nk1gk said:
Josea16":1p0nk1gk said:
chris98251":1p0nk1gk said:
seahawkfreak":1p0nk1gk said:
So much said with a small amount of words. It seemed like the Texans specifically game planed to stop the run. They were flying to the ball. I know our run blocking is suspect but we can usually string together some good runs on a drive. Their aggression to our run got them devoured by our playaction.

IMHO it seems like their defensive line is underrated (at least I think so) with Watt out. They had some guys I have never heard of making some stout great plays (I'm excluding our poor run blocking, sometimes there is just good football plays made despite ones opposition).

I want to say their O-Line is underrated as well but it is not like they established a running game and felt like we did put some respectable pressure on Watson. I'm thinking Watson is going to make a lot of good defenses look pedestrian (no excuse for us). Still don't understand why he wasn't picked higher in the draft. It was obvious he wasn't balling out just because of sheer athleticism in college. I think he could still play in the NFL as a QB even if he ran a 5.0 40. Guys got good accuracy, a good arm and is an intelligent/mature young dude.

Watson's issues were whether his skills could transfer to the NFL, GM's and scouts tend to overlook one thing, he finds a way to win and competes his ass off, sound familiar, Montana, Tarkington, Flutie also had question marks about a certain skill sets, their ability to find a way to win and lead and make others better were over looked.
Well we have better, so relax and chill and talk with me. I'll help you chill out. Trust me.

We have better what?
Wow, you made that really easy.....quarterback sir. The numbers and eye test prove it without my help...next?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":3kvv93la said:
Bobblehead":3kvv93la said:
Watson, will is solid and will be a thorn in the arse for a long time.

My question is what happened in the last play where Jimmy was so wide open? Was it just a simple matter of a blown assignment, which more I think about it, is probably what happened.
I think that d let up expecting Russ to clock the ball.
Wilson wasn't going to give them time to catch their breath....Caught them with their knickers down, he did :rumble:

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
Being in town from Kentucky, this was the first Seahawks game I've had the pleasure to attend. I picked a hard one to top. Back and forth all game, and just when you think you've flown 2,500 miles to see a loss, they find a way to win. So glad to have been at Centurylink Field yesterday! Already trying to figure out when I can come back to this beautiful city.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Josea16":i4j3v05b said:
seahawkfreak":i4j3v05b said:
Josea16":i4j3v05b said:
chris98251":i4j3v05b said:

We have better what?
Wow, you made that really easy.....quarterback sir. The numbers and eye test prove it without my help...next?

LMFAO. Not sure what argument was presented here but yeah sure, we have an awesome QB.

Josea16

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":321y3vd1 said:
Josea16":321y3vd1 said:
seahawkfreak":321y3vd1 said:
Josea16":321y3vd1 said:

We have better what?

LMFAO. Not sure what argument was presented here but yeah sure, we have an awesome QB.
EXACTLY. Tis a quarterback league right? And he proved it straight up against his supposed successor right?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Clearly one of the best regular season games in history. Extremely frustrating to watch the refs shaft us over and over. But, back and forth all day. 4 lead changes in the 4th quarter etc. Watson is the real deal. And the top 2 WR's in the league yesterday were both on the Texans. Was so stoked after getting home from the game, I couldn't sleep, as always.

sutz

Reaction score
mikeak":mo90rfdz said:
Bobblehead":mo90rfdz said:
Watson, will is solid and will be a thorn in the arse for a long time.

My question is what happened in the last play where Jimmy was so wide open? Was it just a simple matter of a blown assignment, which more I think about it, is probably what happened.

That is on the coaches IMHO

I have seen teams let the other team get everyone lined up and then use their time out. You let as much clock go as possible but then you get your guys set and all in the right formation.
Not sure what you mean by that, but I believe the Texans were out of time outs at that time.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Took my 14 year to his first game yesterday and it was incredible. Something we will both remember forever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HawkFan72

Reaction score
austinslater25":393aileo said:
Took my 14 year to his first game yesterday and it was incredible. Something we will both remember forever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, what an amazing first game experience! Going to be tough to top that one.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
austinslater25":uxa0udx1 said:

Wow what a game to share with your son for the first time. Awesome! :2thumbs: