You're going to lose games, it happens... but

TreeRon

Reaction score
scutterhawk":30tyxq0z said:
xray":30tyxq0z said:
Carroll not going for the 4th and 11 with 3 minutes left was cowardly . Punt and never get the ball back . Hey Pete....this was a playoff game :!: :!:

Playoff game or not, Wilson had gotten a blindside hit for a loss, Packers were going balls out for stopping him.....SOOOOOO, they go on 4th & 11, and he comes up short? THAT IS A REAL POSSIBILITY, you concede the game right then & there.

Taking the ball out of our best player's hands and punting with 3 minutes left. No really 1 minute, because if the best passer the game has ever seen can get a first down or two the games over. He trusts a poor secondary over Russell Wilson?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27p8y0fk said:
scutterhawk":27p8y0fk said:
:roll: The joke is you actually believe what you're saying ^....CLUE.. ^ This is DRIVEL^^^
What's drivel is not realizing that Pete holds Russell back the first half of every game. The only time we score more than single-digit points in a first half is when our boring, predictable play calling manages to work against an idiotic and/or inept defense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep telling yourself that, but deep down, you know that I am right

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TreeRon":2ocluhhg said:
scutterhawk":2ocluhhg said:
xray":2ocluhhg said:
Carroll not going for the 4th and 11 with 3 minutes left was cowardly . Punt and never get the ball back . Hey Pete....this was a playoff game :!: :!:

Playoff game or not, Wilson had gotten a blindside hit for a loss, Packers were going balls out for stopping him.....SOOOOOO, they go on 4th & 11, and he comes up short? THAT IS A REAL POSSIBILITY, you concede the game right then & there.

Taking the ball out of our best player's hands and punting with 3 minutes left. No really 1 minute, because if the best passer the game has ever seen can get a first down or two the games over. He trusts a poor secondary over Russell Wilson?
It has NOTHING to do with trusting, or not trusting Russell Wilson (the best Quarterback in this game) but NOT COUNTING ON his supporting cast...Ball gets batted down, Receiver gets stuffed, OR WHATEVER THE HELL GOES WRONG, (it happens all the time), and the Packers have the ball in GREAT FIELD POSITION....YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT :141847_bnono:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
justafan":3ga98umf said:
RolandDeschain":3ga98umf said:
scutterhawk":3ga98umf said:
:roll: The joke is you actually believe what you're saying ^....CLUE.. ^ This is DRIVEL^^^
What's drivel is not realizing that Pete holds Russell back the first half of every game. The only time we score more than single-digit points in a first half is when our boring, predictable play calling manages to work against an idiotic and/or inept defense.
If this is true and i dont blame pete for everything. Then You are saying Wilson is just a yes man and his nuts havent dropped yet.
Roland's Glib & smartass responses doesn't change FACTS...I trust Pete the 'PROFFESSIONAL COACH', him? eh, not so much.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1fl7dvx2 said:
I'm going to love this board if Pete finally acquiesces to everyone's demands and nothing changes.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I may be wrong, but if it comes down to choosing between the Coach that got us a Lombardi & the plethora of "ARMCHAIR EXPERTS" in here, um, I'm gonna give Pete the benefit of doubt here.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":24f7vfwz said:
MontanaHawk05":24f7vfwz said:
I'm going to love this board if Pete finally acquiesces to everyone's demands and nothing changes.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I may be wrong, but if it comes down to choosing between the Coach that got us a Lombardi & the plethora of "ARMCHAIR EXPERTS" in here, um, I'm gonna give Pete the benefit of doubt here.
You would have trusted the Chernobyl nuclear experts prior to their meltdown because they're experts, too. Doesn't mean they don't make huge mistakes, genius.

BECAUSE you do something for a living, even at the highest of levels, does not make you infallible. Look at Dennis Muilenburg, he was the CEO of Boeing...didn't stop him from handling the 737 MAX problems in a horrible way which resulted in his firing, now did it?

Do you understand the point, yet? Being a successful professional at a high level in something does not make you perfect and never wrong.

Such a simple point, yet so hard for so many to understand. :roll:

MontanaHawk05":24f7vfwz said:
I have to think you understand football too well to not realize the considerable discrepancy between what we do in first halves compared to second halves, but maybe I'm wrong?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1sl120pr said:
Agree with Fade, with the exception of Richard, which is debatable.

Richard wouldn't be my ideal choice either. It's just that he actually isn't afraid to play man defense, and he has much better blitz packages. The DBs also need coaching up. > Norton.

@Shane
As to me not doing weekly post game write ups anymore, there is no point. It is the same thing every week. The team comes out flat and unprepared. They dig a hole. Wilson then proceeds with his heroics, most of the time they win. But this flawed process won't fly in the playoffs. Also I could copy and paste the same few paragraphs from game to game, and it would be a struggle to tell which game I am talking about.

@ The apologists
The talk about injuries makes me laugh. The entire starting defense was on the field for this game, save for Kendricks.

Offensively, they only really missed Carson. Who would not have done anything. See the Dallas playoff game last year. Running head on into loaded boxes, stubbornly and predictably for an entire half in the playoffs? These are the results you get. The playoff opponent plays offense for 4 quarters, and scheme for the opponent. The Seahawks rollou the same plan, they fall flat on their face. Then Pete finally puts the ball in Wilson's hands after it's too late. That is too hard to overcome against playoff competition.

112-13 going back to 2012. LOB era and all. It's not a personnel issue. It's a coaching philosophy, and scheme issue.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1216553827618430976[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1216863854430277632[/tweet]
GrEaT CoAcHiNg.

Seattle can kiss the playoffs goodbye next year if Pete rolls out the same song and dance.

It is alarming how over matched Pete is in divisional play. McVay, Shanny, and even Kingsbury are going to run circles around him next year, if Pete doesn't make some changes to his staff on defense. And just do the obvious, involve Wilson in the gameplan to start the game. Don't wait until you're down 14 points before you put the ball in his hands.

A Legatron missed 40 yd FG away from missing the playoffs entirely this year, btw.

hawk45

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3bytio7t said:
MontanaHawk05":3bytio7t said:

I'd like to get your opinion on Pete's expertise being unassailable vis-a-vis keeping Cable around for 7 years when the Armchair Experts were insisting he was a problem for nearly all of those years.

Thanks.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Fade":13w60mcy said:
Sports Hernia":13w60mcy said:
Agree with Fade, with the exception of Richard, which is debatable.

Richard wouldn't be my ideal choice either. It's just that he actually isn't afraid to play man defense, and he has much better blitz packages. The DBs also need coaching up. > Norton.

@Shane
As to me not doing weekly post game write ups anymore, there is no point. It is the same thing every week. The team comes out flat and unprepared. They dig a hole. Wilson then proceeds with his heroics, most of the time they win. But this flawed process won't fly in the playoffs. Also I could copy and paste the same few paragraphs from game to game, and it would be a struggle to tell which game I am talking about.

@ The apologists
The talk about injuries makes me laugh. The entire starting defense was on the field for this game, save for Kendricks.

Offensively, they only really missed Carson. Who would not have done anything. See the Dallas playoff game last year. Running head on into loaded boxes, stubbornly and predictably for an entire half in the playoffs? These are the results you get. The playoff opponent plays offense for 4 quarters, and scheme for the opponent. The Seahawks rollou the same plan, they fall flat on their face. Then Pete finally puts the ball in Wilson's hands after it's too late. That is too hard to overcome against playoff competition.

112-13 going back to 2012. LOB era and all. It's not a personnel issue. It's a coaching philosophy, and scheme issue.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1216553827618430976[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1216863854430277632[/tweet]
GrEaT CoAcHiNg.

Seattle can kiss the playoffs goodbye next year if Pete rolls out the same song and dance.

It is alarming how over matched Pete is in divisional play. McVay, Shanny, and even Kingsbury are going to run circles around him next year, if Pete doesn't make some changes to his staff on defense. And just do the obvious, involve Wilson in the gameplan to start the game. Don't wait until you're down 14 points before you put the ball in his hands.

A Legatron missed 40 yd FG away from missing the playoffs entirely this year, btw.
Wilson also had 4 fourth quarter comebacks and 5 game winning drives, tied for most in the NFL. Most QB's by contrast had 1 or 2 game winning drives this season. If we extrapolate this farther the most since Wilson came into the league since 2012. It is absolutely clear that Wilson is bailing out Pete and his stubborn philosophy. Under most QB's this would be a losing team.

Latest posts