Jaworski at it again

endzorn

Reaction score
He expressed an opinion that can be construed as Anti-Seahawk? And publicly no less? OUTRAGE! We need to petition ESPN to have him neutered so he doesn't impregnate any of the Nazi women he obviously associates with! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Wow, did the OP read the rest of the article on PFT? The bulk of it was filled with praise for Russell while dismissing Jaws' assessment. Onward...

General Manager

Reaction score
The man's an idiot , and he's been wrong about everything Seattle related so nothing new here.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
BASF":ewa73fws said:
I love Russell Wilson. I believe he is one of the five elite QB's in the league. I am on record that I marked like a teenage girl when we drafted him, exclaiming, "We drafted Russell Wilson."

So, it is with that perspective that I bring this to everyone's attention who want to jump on what Jaws said: Foles had better completion percentage, higher Yards Per Attempt, more TD's per Attempt and a far lower INT percentage than Wilson and the third highest single season passer rating in history. The Eagles also went 8-2 with him at QB as opposed to 2-4 under Vick, so he is a winning leader of his team. Is it such a stretch to say that someone would take Foles over Wilson? I would take umbrage with the, "It isn't even close" portion of his quote, but none of the previous posters have referenced that.

It absolutely remains to be seen if Foles can continue to produce at such a torrid pace as the league catches up to Chip Kelly's gimmick offense and teams get film on Foles and his tendencies, but let's not act like Jaws was saying he would take Blane Gabbert over Russell Wilson.
well said.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
People are going to question Manning's performance in Super Bowl XLVIII, but the Seattle defense muddied the pocket, took away his quick throws and hit him repeatedly. That defense can make any quarterback look average... Manning has watched the film meticulously and made adjustments. If Denver plays Seattle again, he'll be ready.

I'm just dying to see what adjustments Peyton will make... if Denver plays Seattle again, of course.

BASF

Reaction score
Cartire":1mut5wst said:
1st. Its called game film. You ever notice that when a backup ends up starting for a team, he usually does really well? This is because the defense has no idea about a players tendencies or style of play. Its extremely difficult in todays NFL to make plays on someone without a bit of scouting.

Which is exactly what I referenced in my last paragraph, so I am not sure what the point of this was. Sometimes it takes a while to take game film and catch on, sometimes it doesn't.

Cartire":1mut5wst said:
2nd. Great points about stats. But why are they allowed to use all those stats against Wilson (and say "Its not even close"). But those same exact stat comparisons arent allowed with Luck is in the conversation?

Not sure what you think I have said in regards to the Wilson/Luck comparisons threads, but I guarantee you have the wrong guy on that topic.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2i1thiq9 said:
People are going to question Manning's performance in Super Bowl XLVIII, but the Seattle defense muddied the pocket, took away his quick throws and hit him repeatedly. That defense can make any quarterback look average... Manning has watched the film meticulously and made adjustments. If Denver plays Seattle again, he'll be ready.

I'm just dying to see what adjustments Peyton will make... if Denver plays Seattle again, of course.
He played Seattle in the preseason too, apparently watched film of that and made adjustments prior to XLVIII, and how did that turn out????? 8) Color me not worried, Seattle is a matchup nightmare for the Donks!

BASF

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1fufo69j said:

We play them Sept. 21 in Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2hg3zx07 said:

They do, here! :)

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2xuhpzs4 said:
Wow, did the OP read the rest of the article on PFT? The bulk of it was filled with praise for Russell while dismissing Jaws' assessment....
Yes I did. It was an excellent refute of his stance.

I posted it cuz it's so much fun to make fun of Bozos like Jaworski, Bayless, etc.

And it's not just a Seahawk thing. I mean really the guy proclaimed Krapper as possibly being one of the best of all time when he's supposedly someone who studies a boatload of film and knows the position and all of that. Really Ron? You couldn't see he's a one read and run wonder while watching those 3000 hours of film on him? Bozo.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Jaws is only where he is today, because he was Bermans bitch for so long.

evergreen

Reaction score
We should have thicker skin fellow 12s. I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone main stream like him to make a conformist statement like that, especially in that context. Foles had an amazing year. Much like the arrival of Kaep the previous year. How'd he do against the best defense he faced all year, the Saints? While he didn't have the great D RW had, he had a hell of an offense to work in. He's pretty much the model of Manning. We'll see how he does now that coordinators have a good look at him.

We can't get bent out of shape at people not understanding how incredible RW is. Remember in their minds the Fail Mary was an interception and Beast Quake is our most memorable play... And before the end of the NFCCG it was! And it is still the greatest run in NFL history

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Sports Hernia":3sxxrgh5 said:
BlueTalon":3sxxrgh5 said:

And we play in Denver in 2 weeks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jaworski could have made Russ #1 and people would have bitched about Russ also not being #2.

That said.. the Foles thing makes me laugh, considering he has half the body of work of Russ and never really faced a stingy defense in a very QB friendly offense.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
BASF":2wj6fk4o said:
I love Russell Wilson. I believe he is one of the five elite QB's in the league. I am on record that I marked like a teenage girl when we drafted him, exclaiming, "We drafted Russell Wilson."

So, it is with that perspective that I bring this to everyone's attention who want to jump on what Jaws said: Foles had better completion percentage, higher Yards Per Attempt, more TD's per Attempt and a far lower INT percentage than Wilson and the third highest single season passer rating in history. The Eagles also went 8-2 with him at QB as opposed to 2-4 under Vick, so he is a winning leader of his team. Is it such a stretch to say that someone would take Foles over Wilson? I would take umbrage with the, "It isn't even close" portion of his quote, but none of the previous posters have referenced that.

It absolutely remains to be seen if Foles can continue to produce at such a torrid pace as the league catches up to Chip Kelly's gimmick offense and teams get film on Foles and his tendencies, but let's not act like Jaws was saying he would take Blane Gabbert over Russell Wilson.

Agree...at least Foles actually has something on Wilson as opposed to Luck the golden boy

BlueTalon

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2k5p6e0d said:
Manning has watched the film meticulously and made adjustments. If Denver plays Seattle again, he'll be ready.
BASF":2k5p6e0d said:
We play them Sept. 21 in Seattle.
Sports Hernia":2k5p6e0d said:
:34853_doh:

I know that, guys. I'm making fun of the fact that Jaws apparently doesn't.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We do play Philadelphia this season in Philadelphia no less. Let's just see if Foles is all that and a bag of chips. Doubtful given New Orleans handled him quite well.

Latest posts