Jaworski at it again

bmorepunk

Reaction score
NFL Analyst

Something about your team, one of its players, its coaches or city is/is not <insert something upsetting here regardless of level of objectiveness>.

NFL Fan

I am so damn angry I am going to keep clicking into their respective site and/or watch their TV segments to feign anger over something they said. Have some revenue, person I hate.

kearly

Reaction score
I've never been more wrong about a prospect than I was with Foles. He was a 1 read statue for the Wildcats who put up great numbers almost purely because of the system. But he's not that guy anymore. He moves well, he progresses through reads, and he is capable of beating good defenses with his accuracy and zip.

Remember when Russell Wilson had the best passer rating in the 2012 preseason? Oh wait he didn't because Nick Foles edged him out slightly. It is unbelievable how much Foles has improved and how quickly this improvement has occurred.

I think Foles is the 2nd best under-30 QB in the NFL right now after Russell Wilson. What he did in his first starting season is amazing. He had some help from playmakers and a brilliant coach and a fluky interception drought, but it was still amazing.

It seems obvious that Foles will take a hit next season when he faces the NFC West and the league has a year to adapt to him and Kelly's system. But even if his rating plummeted 20 points, he'd still have a higher rating than the career passer rating averages of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I wouldn't put Foles ahead of Russ, but I can't really hate Jaws too much because very few other people are giving Foles his due.

Regarding Jaws, I'm totally fine with the guy but I've always regarded him as a TV personality more than a guy with an acute mind, similar to Trent Dilfer.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":3j8ncy0c said:
I've never been more wrong about a prospect than I was with Foles. He was a 1 read statue for the Wildcats who put up great numbers almost purely because of the system. But he's not that guy anymore. He moves well, he progresses through reads, and he is capable of beating good defenses with his accuracy and zip.

Remember when Russell Wilson had the best passer rating in the 2012 preseason? Oh wait he didn't because Nick Foles edged him out slightly. It is unbelievable how much Foles has improved and how quickly this improvement has occurred.

I think Foles is the 2nd best under-30 QB in the NFL right now after Russell Wilson. What he did in his first starting season is amazing. He had some help from playmakers and a brilliant coach and a fluky interception drought, but it was still amazing.

It seems obvious that Foles will take a hit next season when he faces the NFC West and the league has a year to adapt to him and Kelly's system. But even if his rating plummeted 20 points, he'd still have a higher rating than the career passer rating averages of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I wouldn't put Foles ahead of Russ, but I can't really hate Jaws too much because very few other people are giving Foles his due.

Regarding Jaws, I'm totally fine with the guy but I've always regarded him as a TV personality more than a guy with an acute mind, similar to Trent Dilfer.
Usually you're at least somewhat right but just wow! Color me disappointed and wondering who you were watching quite simply. Foles should have been intercepted several times last year and the defenses he faced in the regular season were painfully inept.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
I also prefer pocket passers like Hasselbeck in his prime, but Nick Foles? Lol
He's a good QB but come on!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueTalon":nw6dx73o said:
BlueTalon":nw6dx73o said:
Manning has watched the film meticulously and made adjustments. If Denver plays Seattle again, he'll be ready.
I'm just dying to see what adjustments Peyton will make... if Denver plays Seattle again, of course.
BASF":nw6dx73o said:
We play them Sept. 21 in Seattle.
Sports Hernia":nw6dx73o said:
They do, here! :)
:34853_doh:

I know that, guys. I'm making fun of the fact that Jaws apparently doesn't.
Vroommm, right over my head! :oops:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick looked really good too when he first started. Foles doesn't have the background yet to make him an elite QB and this year will be a whole new deal.

But yes, Foles played twice against one of the worst defenses in the NFL in Dallas.

kearly

Reaction score
ivotuk":qsbag94f said:
Ryan Fitzpatrick looked really good too when he first started. Foles doesn't have the background yet to make him an elite QB and this year will be a whole new deal.

But yes, Foles played twice against one of the worst defenses in the NFL in Dallas.

RG3 looked amazing when he first hit the scene as well.

Tical21

Reaction score
I fell in love with Foles at the beginning of his junior year at Arizona. I just thought he had all the tools. I brought him up time and time again, really wanted him. I thought he looked like a good enough athlete. Dude's QB rating was 119 last season. 119. 27 TD's/2 Ints. 2. Never seen anything like it, and probably never will again. I have zero complaints with however high anybody wants to rank him. That was freaking ridiculous. We're going to see him several times over the next several years. This debate will work itself out.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1xgm242u said:
BlueTalon":1xgm242u said:
BlueTalon":1xgm242u said:
Manning has watched the film meticulously and made adjustments. If Denver plays Seattle again, he'll be ready.
I'm just dying to see what adjustments Peyton will make... if Denver plays Seattle again, of course.
BASF":1xgm242u said:
We play them Sept. 21 in Seattle.
Sports Hernia":1xgm242u said:
They do, here! :)
:34853_doh:

I know that, guys. I'm making fun of the fact that Jaws apparently doesn't.
Vroommm, right over my head! :oops:
:lol:

Thunderbird

Reaction score
Thank you for saying this...

It is wonderful to be a Seahawk's fan. I always have and always will be a Seahawks fan. I do not care if it is 1976, 1995 or today. This is our time and I say to Paul Allen and Pete Carroll...THANK YOU!

But, I thank the players the most.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Foles had a crazy good season to be proud of. I think people are underselling him to much still.

There weren't to many Foles fans during the draft season. I remember debating a few people on how good he actually was as a QB, but I didn't see him as a fit for Seattle. While I disagreed with other .net posters assessment of Foles as a 1-read QB at Arizona, I agreed he was a bit of statue. I didn't think he could run the play-action, boot game the Hawks run under Pete. He's great under Chip Kelly, though. It's a QB friendly system, but it takes an incredibly quick decision maker to pull it off and that's basically what Foles been since at UA.

As to the debate of Wilson vs Foles - there is no way I could say Foles is better. Whatever regular season stats you can compare with Wilson, Foles, or even Luck, the main one for me is playoff performance. Whether it was the Foles or the offensive playcalling against the Saints last season, Foles played conservative and timid. Wilson has shown he plays his biggest game in the biggest moments.

Latest posts