Wilson's Contract

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I read somewhwere that because of the new CBA we can't extend Russell, and he will have to complete his rookie contract Is that right? The man deserves to be paid that seems wierd to me?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Nope. He's a rookie. That's the rules, and this time it goes in our favor. He's well aware of it, and I'm sure perfectly fine with it. We'll have to eat his fifty kajillion dollar paycheck come four years from now, but until then we get way, way more than our money's worth from him.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I believe he's on a 4-year deal and under the new CBA he can't negotiate a new deal/extension until after year 3.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Maybe Mr. Allen can make him a spokesman for Vulcon or something, cause he is grossly underpaid!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2w6ndge3 said:
Might as well just donate the money now to a children's hospital, you know that's all he's gonna do with it.

lol what...? Im sure Wilsons a guy who likes nice things. Big house, nice furniture, etc.. and that takes money.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":36l7elwf said:
hawksfan515":36l7elwf said:
Might as well just donate the money now to a children's hospital, you know that's all he's gonna do with it.

lol what...? Im sure Wilsons a guy who likes nice things. Big house, nice furniture, etc.. and that takes money.

My bad, thought it was well known that when Wilson isn't watching film, he hangs out at the childrens hospital. True story. Too lazy to find the article though, other .net members confirm?

Twisted

Reaction score
pretty sure he can pick up some hefty endorsements to compensate

joeseahawks

Reaction score
When he isn't watching film, I'm sure he is spending time with his beautiful wife ...
I don't think RW needs to worry about $$$ now. Plenty of endorsements coming his way. I'm sure his agent will be plenty busy this off season. RW will soon be set financially. And he has earned every single penny he gets ...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
You guys don't know Wilson that well, evidently. Yes, he's going to want to get pay commensurate with his performance in a few years. But yes, he knows he's a rookie in this league getting paid what rookies make, and he isn't greedy. It's never going to be about the money for him.

And we can all thank our luck stars he is who he is.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ewzfljb said:
You guys don't know Wilson that well, evidently. Yes, he's going to want to get pay commensurate with his performance in a few years. But yes, he knows he's a rookie in this league getting paid what rookies make, and he isn't greedy. It's never going to be about the money for him.

Well none of us know Wilson very well actually... Actually no one here knows him at all, most likely. So its a little silly to speculate on whether Wilson wants nice things in his life (most of which cost money) Yes he most likely will get that big paycheck, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed and players get hurt all the time and never get that paycheck (knock on wood)

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure Wilson will make a ton of money in endorsements (and has made quite a bit). Not worried about his well being.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
RW turned down $million from baseball to take a shot at a sport, where he was projected to be a backup at best by the "experts". Statistically, baseball players make more $$$ over the life of their career than football players.
I don't think RW is really worried about $$$ now. He is only worried about getting better for the next play, for the next series, for the next game.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Hopefuly, PA is saving up some cash to pay this young man when the time comes.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2z5j4qzu said:
Hopefuly, PA is saving up some cash to pay this young man when the time comes.
In reality, PA has little or nothing to do with it.

Russell will get a raise when his contract can be extended... and he will be paid within the salary cap for the team at the time.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":32b0has9 said:
Seahawk Sailor":32b0has9 said:

Well none of us know Wilson very well actually... Actually no one here knows him at all, most likely. So its a little silly to speculate on whether Wilson wants nice things in his life (most of which cost money) Yes he most likely will get that big paycheck, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed and players get hurt all the time and never get that paycheck (knock on wood)

So you think the good guy routine is an act? Do you just think humanity is screwed and everyone is a pile of shit? Russell seems like a genuine good guy and he's still making a shitload more money than most of us will ever see on an annual basis. He didn't come from a bad neighborhood, and I honestly believe he isn't motivated by the money to the degree you're touting.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Perhaps we could spend the extra cash getting him a target like Greg Jennings to throw to?

Latest posts