NFL Trade Deadline Board

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sounds good to me.
I'd like to have a younger TE in the mix anyway.
That's a perplexing position to me. Sometimes they seem like a dime a dozen but then a Kelcie or a Little come out of the woodwork. I personally think a good TE is the product of an offensive system, coaching and QB.

I certainly would want both of them to be great blockers and receivers so a defense can't get an idea of the play probability. Example Jimmy Graham

Kinger95

Reaction score
Realistically we aren’t gonna bring fant back so I’d love to trade him and get something instead of nothing. I’d also take anything for Taylor as I don’t think we should be the ones to pay him

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I know these are longshots but I'd really like to see the Seahawks pry one of the following from their respective teams - Dalvin Tomlinson, Derrick Brown, Dexter Lawrence, or Vita Vea.
If John could pull off a player for player straight up trade with Noah Fant for Derrick Brown, that would be nasty. Vita Vea probably isn't a good idea, his cap hit next year goes up to 21 mill so unless he restructures, that'd be a little too high. Also Dexter Lawrence just signed a 4 year contract extension with the Giants earlier this year, doubtful they'd trade him.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I believe that the better play is to extend Fant at $8 - 10M/year... in that neighborhood... and cut Will, absorbing his dead money hit of $3M while saving $7M against the cap next year.

I love Will but major injuries have definitely suppressed his potentially bright career coming out of college.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score

Last time the Seahawks made a mid-season trade was 2019, when they acquired Quandre Diggs. They also traded Nick Vannett to Pittsburgh.

In 2017, they got Duane Brown on 11/1. I forgot how late in the year that was.

In 2014 they unloaded Percy Harvin to the Jets in October. In 2011 they unloaded Aaron Curry to the Colts.

In 2010 they gave a 4th rd and a 5th rd for Marshawn. Sheesh, what a steal. They also unloaded Deion Branch for the pick that became K.J. Wright.

So 7 mid-season trades in the previous 13 season of John/Pete. A few more than I remembered, so my betting line of .5 is pretty sound, although I think it's more likely they trade away a CB if everyone is healthy by the end of October.

sutz

Reaction score
Always get a :LOL: out of you guys talking trade deadline like this is baseball.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Always get a :LOL: out of you guys talking trade deadline like this is baseball.

Historically there hasn't been much movement on/near the deadline. The NFL moving the trade deadline back actually did increase trades quite a bit last year though:

Who knows if it will be a one time event, but might see a different trend moving forward.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Draft picks for next year are typically more valuable than the player(s) added mid-season by trade simply because the draft is really the only way to replenish the roster with inexpensive, young talent ... and football will always be a young man's game.

Xxx

Reaction score
That's a perplexing position to me. Sometimes they seem like a dime a dozen but then a Kelcie or a Little come out of the woodwork. I personally think a good TE is the product of an offensive system, coaching and QB.

I certainly would want both of them to be great blockers and receivers so a defense can't get an idea of the play probability. Example Jimmy Graham
So true. Look at jimmy graham and Zack ertz. Some are freaks though, njoku and kittle, and remember Jeremy shockey. And Greg olsen.