Why are we fretting over the Saints game?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":jr1lntai said:
No, I hope he gets caught with a a big pile of coke and a thai lady boy...
I think we need to shoot a PM off to MysterMatt to inquire about setting this up for him.

Time to start passing around the collection plate!

RiverDog

Reaction score
This is the biggest regular season game of the year, indeed, it is the biggest game in the past 8 years or so. It's only natural to be worried about it. But at least as far as I'm concerned, that worry shouldn't be confused with pessimism. As worried as I am about Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, Marcus Colston, Browner/Thurmond, and whether or not Harvin is playing, I'm still confident that we'll win easily.

bradael

Reaction score
Probably because the Seahawks' home games to this point are the Jaguars, Titans with backup QB, Vikings, Bucs, and 49ers. Winner could decide the #1 seed. It's a big game, although I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread... The #1 seed isn't what it used to be. Look at the results of the #1 and #2 seeds the last three years. A lot of it goes with the structure of the playoffs. 49ers/Panthers will likely be the #5 & 6 seeds and would play the #1 seed assuming a win in the first round. Lions/Cowboys would be the #3 and 4 seeds and would play the #2 seed assuming a win.

With that said, I'll go down the list of games you mentioned about the Saints. You really need to watch those games to get a better idea of what really happened. And each game is always different due to matchups. Saints/Falcons is really no different than the Seahawks/Rams earlier this year. Road divisional games are always tough. Yeah the Saints are 8-2 vs the Falcons since 2009. But 6 of the last 8 games have been decided by less than 7 points. The Falcons were also healthier in this recent game than they've been since the first two weeks of the season. They had pretty much everyone back on both sides of the ball save for Julio Jones.

Jets/49ers. Turnovers were the reason the Saints struggled in these. Muffed punt at the 11 vs the 49ers. Dropped would be TD by Nick Toon (Colston didn't play) and another tipped pass that turned into an INT.

But the Jets and 49ers defenses match up with the Saints. They play a lot of man to man and have strong DLines, particularly interior pass rushers. This counters the Saints' strength at OG.

Dallas? Polar opposite. They have good edge rushers, but no interior pass rush. They also play a lot of cover 2 and very little man to man. This is the type of defense the Saints shred. This isn't unique to 2013. Go look down the list of all the defenses they've played since 2009. Man to man with strong interior pass rushers = Saints' struggle. Zone with weak interior pass rushers = Saints score 40+.

shiva1008

Reaction score
OMG.... LMAO PWNED. It's Ok, homerism is part of what makes this game great. I mean think about it, if people didn't get all psyched up over their own teams this game wouldn't be half as exciting as it is.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":1g3plkja said:
This is the biggest regular season game of the year, indeed, it is the biggest game in the past 8 years or so. It's only natural to be worried about it. But at least as far as I'm concerned, that worry shouldn't be confused with pessimism. As worried as I am about Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, Marcus Colston, Browner/Thurmond, and whether or not Harvin is playing, I'm still confident that we'll win easily.

Sorry for tooting my horn, but no one else is going to do it.