The boring truth about why we suck

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I personally think it's because both of our line's lack true talent and or depth on both sides of the ball, but mostly offense. The trenches are not getting it done, and it's making the rest of the talent look bad. On the offensive side, I just think it's a lack of talent among the players.

On the Defensive side, I think it's the lack of ability to scheme with the guys we have, and a few weak pieces.

Sucks that I don't see anything changing. I have seen no ability to pick decent offensive linemen from our front office. I really think that side is much more the problem. The offense simply can't stay on the field enough to allow what defensive talent we have to stay fresh and effective...

I hear a lot of optimism that somehow we beat Dallas. NO WAY IN HELL...

I mean we have the talent to, otherwise, but our offensive line will fail us again, and almost everything else will stem from that.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Personally, I find myself going back and forth about this same question, why does our team seem to be non-competitive?

On the one hand, it sure does feel like the 49'ers have spent their money and draft picks more wisely than the Seahawks have over these last ten years. Of course the 49'ers were down and drafting very high for a number of years.

On the other hand, those same 49'ers have the 12th youngest (meaning 12th oldest) roster in the league right now, while the Seahawk's have the 25th youngest roster in the league. We could say that they just need more time to develop, but some of them won't. E.G. Darrell Taylor.

While I happen to like the Seahawk's offensive line, along with it's depth, there is no question about the 49'ers defensive front four being better than our offensive line is right now. Similarly, their offensive line is better than our front three. Now if we had a front four....?

Source:

m0ng0

Reaction score
I think in the past few years they have been addressing both sides of the ball in the trenches. Cross and Lucas are going to be really good assuming health stands, but on defense they get distracted by talent like Witherspoon who is going to be a STUD, but does not help the glaring need we have on the d line. Nwosu and Mafe are flat out ballers but they are your edge guys, the interior people they have drafted have yet to really show themselves. They are addressing the interior with picking up Williams but the cost for him was great and if we don't resign him that was a waste. I'm not as bleak as you in my outlook but I expected a .500 season so we are on par with what I expected.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Agree - I want four defensive linemen in a three point stance, not three, and definitely not two (Hawks usual).

Xxx

Reaction score
I don’t think any offensive line is just gonna hold up and block San Fran. That’s not how you beat them. You have to run plays that beat the rush until they back off. This is not fades and draws. And it’s definitely not drop back passes and waiting for long routes.
The Seahawks need to take what is being given and stop thinking they can do whatever they want whenever they want. The 49ers don’t do that, neither do the cowboys. But watch how much what you really want to do opens up when you pull your head out of the sand and start taking what is given.

Last edited:

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Like old school "T" formation with two backs, and them running routes into the linebacker flats?

Xxx

Reaction score
Like old school "T" formation with two backs, and them running routes into the linebacker flats?
Sure. Outlets, but really I mean read the defense recognize the blitz and exploit it. Who cares if you only throw the ball 5 yards. Most of the time that throw goes for a first down, especially against us

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
For anybody not watching the Ohio State/Michigan game right now.... Michigan's defense looks really good so far.