Why are we fretting over the Saints game?

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Lot of really great comments. I also am not sure what to do with this new found confidence after being a Seahawks fan since the early 80's. At first I was coming down with something then I realized it was faith and belief in a Seattle sports franchise.

Saints are definitely a great team, and I have a profound respect for both Drew Breese and Sean Payton, but I also believe the Seahawks are a better team, even without weed wackers.

Besides last time I doubted was the 49ers game at home. And Sherman yelled at me. I don't to invoke that guys wrath again.

scakfan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mobk7pp said:
I'm shakin' my damn head. I think we've got a very good chance to win, but come on. A good (not great) Saints defense, and Drew Brees? They definitely have the ability to beat us. As far as their last four start not really blowing your socks off; I guess you were impressed at halftime of our Tampa Bay @ Seattle game, eh?

In all fairness I think the Buc's game was the Buc's coming out party. TB is looking like they can possible win any of their remaining games.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3u5bc6tc said:
Hawknballs":3u5bc6tc said:
That being said I'm not liking this vibe I'm getting from the media (not that i overly care - just annoying is all) that we are somehow the underdog here.

:?

8rPeaVn

I hadn't really looked at any picks yet. Was just working from home today and had ESPN/NFLN on in the background and every time the game came up it just felt like we were being treated like the underdog. That could have a lot to do with media people overblowing the loss of browner/thurmond, and then actually having to think about it when making a pick.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean...we're nearly a touchdown favorite, we're playing on the marquee game of the week on their network, and we just had something happen that is at least slightly negative (if not highly negative) that brings that matchup closer. I get why they're hitting the story hard.

Ultimately I don't think most are expecting us to lose. Ditka is the only ESPN talking head picking the Saints so far.

JonRud

Reaction score
The Saints are a very good team. They can definitely beat the Hawks is we don't bring our 'A' game.

The long layoff for the Hawks worries me and we cannot fumble the ball this game. Cannot give Brees and all those weapons extra chances.

Hawks should win this one, but anyone who doesn't think the Saints are a threat is foolish.

253hawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1x9v2ogu said:
Ditka is the only ESPN talking head picking the Saints so far.

Ditka always homers out for the Bears and the Saints. Always.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
253hawk":2fw78ok4 said:
MidwestHawker":2fw78ok4 said:
Ditka is the only ESPN talking head picking the Saints so far.

Ditka always homers out for the Bears and the Saints. Always.

Boy you weren't kidding. He has literally picked both of them every week, except obviously he had to pick one over the other when they played each other. The ESPN site has him picking Packers over Bears on MNF a month ago, but I know that on the air he went alone and picked the Bears also.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about this game for some reason. Maybe I should be, the Saints are 9-2 and #2 in NFC.

I'm just not really sensing much danger here. Sure we could lose, but the Saints BARELY beat the 49ers at home.

Saints vs 49ers at home 23-20

Seahawks vs 49ers at home 29-3

My prediction is that the Seahawks as an entire team are about to go into Beast Mode after the bye and for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs.

We had a little bit of a midseason slump. But I really think now that we have Harvin and our offensive line has healed up we are about to just start crushing fools.

I would not be surprised in the least bit if we just absolutely pound the Saints and embarrass them in front of the entire country.

I would not be surprised either if it was a somewhat close game that we win.

But I would be VERY surprised if we lose! It's always possible I have become overconfident if we somehow find a way to lose. But losing this game seems like an extremely low probability to me.

I donno the whole league just appears soft to me relative to the Seahawks, if we can't win the Superbowl this year I don't know if we'll get a better shot. First step destroy the Saints :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not worried one bit. The Hawks are at home, and they can't stop our running game. Pound the rock all day, and keep Brees and company on the sidelines.

Jiggy

Reaction score
The Radish":2s9absl7 said:
Blitzer88":2s9absl7 said:
Because the Saints are a dang good team.

What Blitzer said!

:th2thumbs:

And that annoying saying "Any Given Sunday" holds true just about every weekend in the NFL. Yes, it carries over to Monday too you smarta$$es$.

saints2k8

Reaction score
Saints 20 at Jets 26
Against whom did they get busted up against, well none other than the powerhouse duo of Geno Smith and… wait who the jets is running back… oh ya, wait Chris Ivory! I thought they ran that Bilal Powell guy! Well Chris Ivory put up 139 Yards rushing with a TD. Yes Chris Ivory ran for 7.7 yards a carry… Chris Ivory… Suspect I tell ya. Ok Ivory was averaging 4.6 yards per carry until he got injured, but come on; you know Marshawn is licking his skittles right now.

Chris Ivory is a poor man's Marshawn Lynch. a fkn beast to be honest. Geno completed 8 passes.. pfft. WR Nick Toon gave this game to the Jets

49ERS 20 at Saints 23
Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha… Oh ok, I’m good. Man sorry I just can’t help laughing every time the 49ers loose, the 5 year old comes out in me pointing my finger saying nya, nya, nya, nya, nya… But I digress.
This was another game where the opposing QB throws for nothing but manages 2 touchdowns, against 3 turnovers by the Saints (2 Fumble Recoveries and 1 Interception). This game was at home for the saints against a team with almost no offense.

the score does not reflect the game. SF was physically dominated. as flukey as you can get. we also tend to struggle in 3:00 games

Saints 17 at Atlanta 13
Do I really need to go on a diatribe about Atlanta, and how the vaunted Saints offense could only put up 17 points? Atlanta is a team the Seahawks beat a week before 33 to 10? The Hawks basically handed New Orleans the road map for playing the game.

a Thursday night road game after a very physical game vs 49ers. Division rivals. ATL players admitted that this was their superbowl.

- Jabari Greer, the Saints best cornerback is out for the Season with a torn ACL. Ya the have weapons, but I give you Tate, Kearse, Harvin, Baldwin

Keenan Lewis is our best cornerback and it's not even close. probably top 10 in the NFL imo. losing Greer hurts but we'll be alright
- Beyond Greer Cornerbacks Chris Car and Rod Sweeting are both injured and questionable..
are they??

This will be the toughest game yet for both teams

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawks are actually third in the NFL defending TE's and RB's out of the backfield. Saints also have a tough time stopping the run. They are a great team but I think matchup wise this favors the Seahawks more than people realize and Vegas seems to agree. This will be Wilson's coming out party in front of a national audience.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Axx":ptova02g said:
the same people who were worried about the niners in week 2 are back.

After all Wison and Carroll have proven there are still doubters in the 12th gram fanbase.

Are you serious? Doubters? Nobody is doubting the talent of the Seahawks, but to not worry about a team with a defense consisting of Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Bowman and Willis, you'd be a fool. Frankly I pin their struggles on the coaching staff and a lack of WRs. As for the Saints, they're not terribly different in roster from the team that won the Super Bowl in 2009. Be confident, sure, but don't be arrogant.

monkey

Reaction score
Shock2k":fnnx02gn said:
Why are we worried about the Saints anyways?
Who's worried? I'm not at all. Never have been.

While the world will be focusing on the matchup of the Saints offense vs. Seahawks defense, the game will ultimately be decided in the Seahawks favor by the overlooked, complete MISMATCH of the Seahawks offense vs. the Saints defense!

bellingerga

Reaction score
Im fretting over the saints game because of all the lockerroom distractions going on right now and because they have one of the best QB's to ever put on an NFL uniform. Just the type of quarterback who can easily take advantage of any small kink in the armor of our secondary.

I still am holding out hope that we win this game but I'm not as confident as I would have been before all this mess with Browner and Thurmond.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If they lose, it won't be because of "distractions", it will be because the Saints play better. Which is not likely to happen.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I never want to become THAT FAN. I never want to be one of those irritating homers who thinks his team's invincible forever and finds a way to rationalize his way there. It's illogical and friggin' annoying. Give other teams their due.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We're fretting because;

1. The Saints are a really good team
2. Well coached
3. Top 2-3 QB
4. Good Defense
5. High powered offense
6. Best TE in the league
7. Only one game behind us for HFA, so if we lose we no longer control our own destiny for HFA

Is that enough reasons?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15kipaby said:
I never want to become THAT FAN. I never want to be one of those irritating homers who thinks his team's invincible forever and finds a way to rationalize his way there. It's illogical and friggin' annoying. Give other teams their due.
Concur. The title of this thread alone makes us look like a bunch of ignorant morons.