Why are we forcing the offense through DK?

Chuckwow

Reaction score
The cons now outweigh the pros with DK. The whole "physical specimen" thing never really tracked. And he can't be trusted to keep his head, either. I don't hate this guy. Maybe worse, I've grown indifferent to him. Someone will give us a 1 for him. Let's get that 1 asap and move on.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
we got two #1s for Galloway and DK's numbers are better than his at this point. Not saying any team would be that stupid again, but he is worth much more than a 5th rounder.
Should have sent him to KC before the deadline for a lineman and picks.

renofox

Reaction score
Watching KJ podcast now. He and Gee talking about one consistent thing in practice - an inordinate amount of time being spent with Geno/DK practicing sidelines/fades in every practice.

This is what PC wants.

cymatica

Reaction score
Watching KJ podcast now. He and Gee talking about one consistent thing in practice - an inordinate amount of time being spent with Geno/DK practicing sidelines/fades in every practice.

This is what PC wants.
Yeah saw that, even KJ is fed up. For all the time they spend on it, they sure suck at it. Imagine if they spent that time practicing quick timing routes

strohmin

Reaction score
Yeah saw that, even KJ is fed up. For all the time they spend on it, they sure suck at it. Imagine if they spent that time practicing quick timing routes
Lol that is hilarious to hear

Ozzy

Reaction score

This is what PC wants.
Yeah Pete has more say in the offense than people want to admit, and it feels like we continue to ignore the obvious

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

This is what PC wants.
Some of you guts way overestimate how to how much detail Pete or any headcoach would get with play calling. Sure they'll have a general direction/philosophy, but it isn't "let's get that fade ball to DK 8 times a game"

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Jets were going to give the Hawks their 10th overall pick for Metcalf before the '22 draft. Hawks declined, Jets picked Garrett Wilson. Could you imagine Garrett Wilson on this team with our current WR's?

Polk738

Reaction score
I honestly could care less at this point if DK breaks Largent's record, seriously who cares? I want to see him catch the ball now, win contested catches, stop stepping out of bounds, stop running shitty routes, stop dropping the ball, stop with the stupid BS penalties, I've seen 2 rookies this year that have already made more impressive catches than anything DK has done, dude is an over-rated, muscled up turd.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They paid DK a huge contract. I guess they feel they need to run the offense through him... even though he's no where near what Larry Fitzgerald and Julio Jones were in their primes.

DK is supposed to be in his prime right now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They run it through DK but it’s exactly what Pete wants. Big explosive plays that if only we work on our execution and get better they will work. That’s why KJ was annoyed when he watched practices and they kept pasting that stupid fade over and over. It matches everything Pete says week after week

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Cool, he's on pace to break some WR records...

He's not putting this team over the top as the WR1. He's BMW, Sidney Rice, [insert tall dude here], solid player, but nothing special. DK is a physical specimen, Robert Turbin looked impressive in photos too.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'll let others bang on with hoping Pete goes. I don't care either way. I don't think he's the biggest issue outside of being the guy that hires the other guys.

I want to talk about DK. He's fast and big. He's what 6'4", but effectively plays to 5'10". He doesn't catch with his hands, cause he can't. He's can't separate. He's a long strider who gives away his break at the top of routes early because he's got poor feet. He's useless in 50/50 situations, back shoulder, fade, jump ball etc...because he can't catch the ball with his hands.
Why in the he'll does Waldren try to run the entire offense through DK? The best game we've played all season on offense was without DK. Waldron was forced to use heavy 12/13 personnel, which comes with better protection and running game with extra TEs to block. Plus better rhythm in the pass game because the ball is moving instead of drives stalling out when DK either can't get open, catch the ball, or both.

Really needed to get that out!
Amen brother.

renofox

Reaction score
DK targets/completions, yards, TDs

LAR 3/5, 47, 1
DET 6/6, 75, 0
CAR 6/8, 112, 0
NYG 3/4, 34, 1
CIN 4/9, 69, 0
CLE 5/14, 67, 0
BAL 1/4, 50, 0
WAS 7/12, 98, 0
LAR 5/9, 94, 1
SF 3/9, 32, 0
TOTAL 43/80 (53.75%) 678 (8.7 y/a), 3 (3.75%)

These are not WR1 numbers. DK and Geno share responsibility, but that is a lot of targets for the resulting production.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You’re 100% right and while I’ve been hard on Geno I don’t think it’s all that fair to just blame him and DK. A lot of those targets are low percentage plays. I think DK could be much better if used differently.

Reactions: Xxx

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The cons now outweigh the pros with DK. The whole "physical specimen" thing never really tracked. And he can't be trusted to keep his head, either. I don't hate this guy. Maybe worse, I've grown indifferent to him. Someone will give us a 1 for him. Let's get that 1 asap and move on.
I was hoping honestly trade before the deadline - setting us up for the "DRAFT PENIX" movement.

Didn't happen.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'll let others bang on with hoping Pete goes. I don't care either way. I don't think he's the biggest issue outside of being the guy that hires the other guys.

I want to talk about DK. He's fast and big. He's what 6'4", but effectively plays to 5'10". He doesn't catch with his hands, cause he can't. He's can't separate. He's a long strider who gives away his break at the top of routes early because he's got poor feet. He's useless in 50/50 situations, back shoulder, fade, jump ball etc...because he can't catch the ball with his hands.
Why in the he'll does Waldren try to run the entire offense through DK? The best game we've played all season on offense was without DK. Waldron was forced to use heavy 12/13 personnel, which comes with better protection and running game with extra TEs to block. Plus better rhythm in the pass game because the ball is moving instead of drives stalling out when DK either can't get open, catch the ball, or both.

Really needed to get that out!
And I dunno - DK must have some sort of incriminating evidence or pictures of Geno with a goat or something.

It's really unexplainable. And yet, it keeps rinsing and repeating!!!

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I love DK. Nobody here has every read anything negative that I've posted about him but....

He is NOT elite. I saw him yesterday getting tackled before the first down line when he could have reached and pushed just a little more.

I saw him not get both feet inbounds on a sideline pass that would have kept a critical drive going. My wife saw me cursing during that and say... Tyler would have stayed inbounds on that. Probably even Bobo.

He is what he is...a physically imposing reciever that is easily rattled. He's very very good...just not elite enough to be forcing the ball to him.

JSN and our Tight Ends need to get some more of those looks. Not sure if that is on Geno, Waldo or both. All I know what we've been doing is NOT working and it sucks to watch.