If Saints win, Seahawks are eliminated?

GemCity

Reaction score
Always go for the win. Jockeying for draft position rarely works out.

If you’re 0-16… you play your asses off in the last game.

We should absolutely be hoping for a win and a GB loss.

You’re 0-0 when you enter the playoffs. “Weirder” things have happened in the playoffs.

I respect everyone’s feelings on this…just saying….for me personally, I want us to get in, play up to our potential, and beat SF in the NFC Championship game.

It’s STILL possible.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It’s times like this I’m reminded that it’s a silly game that adds nothing to the betterment of my existence - it’s purely a hyped up fidget spinner -

With that said I’m a huge masochist and willfully invest my socially constructed little ego into it for the pain really

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fair enough. Clearly things are different these days, you and I get along and now I'm sticking up for you. What the heck is going on? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Lack of success has caused a lot of collective hysteria, which in turn prevents even reasonable football topics from being discussed without devolving into the same "it doesn't matter" shout-downs. There's too much angst to even argue about the regular topics.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I respect everyone’s feelings on this…just saying….for me personally, I want us to get in, play up to our potential, and beat SF in the NFC Championship game.

It’s STILL possible.

Umm

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lack of success has caused a lot of collective hysteria, which in turn prevents even reasonable football topics from being discussed without devolving into the same "it doesn't matter" shout-downs. There's too much angst to even argue about the regular topics.
That, and I'm trying to less a-hole ish.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks fans always deserve a playoff. Don't tell yourself you don't deserve to watch YOUR team in the playoffs. You can't predict the future, don't try to. If you could, you'd be a trillionaire and Vegas would be a ghost town. You don't know how the Seahawks would do in the playoffs. We may need to roll the dice and only one specific combination of how ever many dice gets us a Super Bowl, but that roll is out there and it's not statistically as bad of a roll as you may think.

The future is not guaranteed. A better future is not guaranteed by missing the playoffs. It's 4th and 1. Don't punt.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, we're all salty to varying degrees this week. The Seahawks defense is hot garbage going into January. No excuses. They look like they are totally wanting to be on vacation somewhere. I don't know if it's a collective mutiny as a way to denounce the coaching or what, but something is waaaaay off on that side of the ball.

Even Good Morning Football (who tends to avoid talking about the Seahawks in general as if it will give them Herpes) spent a solid few minutes in this morning's show talking about how that might have been one of the most disappointing games of the season in the NFL!

The past 6 weeks the Seahawks run D (which was a STRENGTH earlier in the season) is dead last in all major categories.

Dead. Last.

So yes, it's understandable if we are snarky and salty and being snippy with each other. This is January, where we should be playing our best and preparing for a nice wildcard game. Now we have to hope the scrappy Cards don't handle us and root on the Bears if we want to see this team play one more weekend at least.

For me, I still think if we make it in, it's another one and done. However, it will be the last meaningful Seattle Seahawks football I get to watch until 8 months from now.

Well hell, maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Just be nice people. We're all in this together.

renofox

Reaction score
I think you may be over analyzing it.

The world is filled with @$$holes, and quite a few found this forum and stuck around.

I try to ignore them, but I do end up sometimes contribute by throwing a little snark their way.

SonicHawk

Reaction score

The world is filled with @$$holes, and quite a few found this forum and stuck around.

I try to ignore them, but I do end up sometimes contribute by throwing a little snark their way.
And all the @$$holes don't think they're @$$holes :p

GemCity

Reaction score
Cmon now Pitt! I wouldn’t bet my mortgage on this but…wouldn’t it be surreal to make it in, get past the first round…

The realist in me says we’re done. But the optimistic fan in me wants to see this team get into the playoffs and shock the league.

I respect those who don’t see it the same way. Again, if I had to bet….but it’s the last bit of football we’ll have for awhile.

I’m hoping we pull off some ol crazy sh*t!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, we didn't think they would make it last year, but Detroit had other ideas.

VERY slim chances, but it's not over until it's over. Nothing wrong with having hope, even if it's slim hope. To each his/her own.
In my mind, Sunday was season over. But.........I'd still be fired up if we get in. Being in the playoffs is a good thing.

People sh***ing on any hope in 3....2....1.......

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Well, we didn't think they would make it last year, but Detroit had other ideas.

VERY slim chances, but it's not over until it's over. Nothing wrong with having hope, even if it's slim hope. To each his/her own.
In my mind, Sunday was season over. But.........I'd still be fired up if we get in. Being in the playoffs is a good thing.

People sh***ing on any hope in 3....2....1.......
Popcorn farts about all I got

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If we get in, great. If we don't, ok, better draft pick.
I'll still be stoked if we sneak in. That's never going to change.

here it comes..................

Last edited:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score

If they jump the "SNARK" hope they dont Shart on the way over. LMAO

WmHBonney

Reaction score
At least the GB/Chicago game starts at the same time as the Seattle/AZ game.
Imagine the "business decisions" we would be watching if the players knew there was nothing to play for.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seriously. I don’t care if they get in the playoffs. They will embarrass themselves and all we will wish for is if they didn’t get it. This team doesn’t need experience. They need not to be let down once again by their coaches.
This attitude completely disregards the impact of uncertainty on sports outcomes. That's reckless in the NFL where parity leads to most game outcomes varying between 40%-60% in likelihood; similar enough to a coin flip that you need far more outcomes to tell the difference then we get to observe.

It's easy to underestimate how much uncertainty there is due to the narrative fallacy. We can look back at week 17 and tell ourselves stories that explain that unexpected. The Ravens completely trashed the Dolphins because there was bad weather, the Cardinals upset the Eagles because the Eagles offense has been figured out, the Broncos won with their backup QB because the team doesn't like Russ, and the Bears scored 37 points because the Falcons have quit on Smith. It's human nature to try to explain surprises after the fact, and in doing so it's easy to overlook how often the NFL has surprises week after week after week.

Consider that if you had the ability to change a dozen plays this season you could edit the Seahawks into a 12-4 team. That wouldn't make us any better, just a bit luckier. Similarly, we could have easily lost another four games to be 4-12 if we were less lucky. The difference between those results would make an enormous difference on the opinions we'd see on this message board, but should it? The other mistake that is easy to make is to assume that uncertainty is centered around what you observed and what you witnessed was the mean of the distribution, ie. the average outcome. However, this could have been our 20th percentile outcome (or our 90th).

You absolutely do not know for certain that we would get embarrassed by any NFL team in any venue. Predestination isn't real and neither is fate. Our worst matchup would probably be on the road at SF where we'd have a ~30% chance of winning. In my view, a 30% likelihood of knocking SF out of the playoffs is absolutely worth rooting quite hard for and the only thing you have to risk is being disappointed.