Why are the Hawks struggling?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27vno34s said:
Well, he's not appreciated here in Seattle, and there are plenty of teams who would LOVE to have him under center. I hope he stays, but at this point he would be very justified in wanting a trade. And to be honest, after a decade of hearing everyone whine and moan about him, that would FINALLY calm that crap down. It's just plain strange how many people just hate this guy and flat out refuse to embrace him, even a little bit. Let alone ever give him credit for anything on the field. It's as if people get mad when he has success. Literally. People actually believe this would be a winning team w/out Russ, and Pete at head coach with just any QB. Wrong.

I hear what your point is... the question is, what is the truth about Russ? you have made some very good points about
Russ

Yes Russ is a great NFL QB
yes there are lots of teams that would love to have Russ
yes Russ is ONE of the reasons why this team has had success
yes some people don't appreciate Russ

These are very VALID points

but there are also very valid points on the other side of the argument

Russ is so confident that he throws into double coverage when he should check down.
Russ is a little two concerned about his MVP numbers and it gets in the way of winning
Russ is trying to control the O philosophy and it's not working

These are also very good points

No matter who a player is in the NFL they never stop learning and they never stop growing. Some times Players hit walls and their success stops for a while. this is what has happened to Russ. Doesn't mean he is not a great QB. doesn't mean he is not going to work out of it...It just means that he has to make some adjustment with his game, Just like every other great QB in league history. Football is a game of constant adjustment.

It's no different with Pete. we are all human and prone to growth. doesn't mean he is a bad coach or the game has passed him by. What it means is he needs to make adjustment...Sean McVay is known as a young new age coach who is among the best and most innovative O's in the league in the league. He just got his ass handed to him by the 49ers. what did the Niners do? they RAN THE BALL 44 times for 156 average yards per rush 3.5 against one of the best D's in the league and score 31 points passing the ball something like 15-19 for 179 why did they do this because the Rams D has such a tough Pass Rush. They controlled TOP had a great 3rd down conversion rate with no turnovers they dictated the tempo of the game and smashed LA right in the mouth. exactly what Pete wanted to do against GB.

See Russ can't play a game like that because he is to worried about his numbers and his numbers are more important than winning the game... He needs to make that adjustment and it doesn't matter what team he plays for... the same issue will be present at some point...

doesn't mean he isn't a great QB he just needs to make that adjustment and he will at some point hopefully vs AZ

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, I'll gladly bow out of the Russ conversations. Which should make people happy :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ss5qvjr8 said:
Fair enough, I'll gladly bow out of the Russ conversations. Which should make people happy :irishdrinkers:

Dude nobody wants you to bow out... Your a key poster on this board ...I love reading your stuff and i agree with a lot of the stuff you say... say your piece its just my opinion and yiu have the right to your opinion its just a conversation

LTH

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wgq6ghb said:
Well, he's not appreciated here in Seattle, and there are plenty of teams who would LOVE to have him under center. I hope he stays, but at this point he would be very justified in wanting a trade. And to be honest, after a decade of hearing everyone whine and moan about him, that would FINALLY calm that crap down. It's just plain strange how many people just hate this guy and flat out refuse to embrace him, even a little bit. Let alone ever give him credit for anything on the field. It's as if people get mad when he has success. Literally. People actually believe this would be a winning team w/out Russ, and Pete at head coach with just any QB. Wrong.
What makes you think any other set of fans are gonna be less critical of him the Seattle fans, who are notoriously nice? That's a seriou question. No snark intended. What do you think the sports media alone in cities like NY, Philly, Chicago, or any other large market with an old history of professional sports would be saying about him after his play the last year? He has it easy in Seattle. He's in probably the most forgiving environment possible. He was a part of the 1st ever SB champion in Seattle. Wherever he goes, that will buy him exactly zero leeway

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":19hez5j1 said:
SoulfishHawk":19hez5j1 said:
What makes you think any other set of fans are gonna be less critical of him the Seattle fans, who are notoriously nice? That's a seriou question. No snark intended. What do you think the sports media alone in cities like NY, Philly, Chicago, or any other large market with an old history of professional sports would be saying about him after his play the last year? He has it easy in Seattle. He's in probably the most forgiving environment possible. He was a part of the 1st ever SB champion in Seattle. Wherever he goes, that will buy him exactly zero leeway

I was thinking exactly the same thing, if 12s were mean to Russ, if Seattle media were unfriendly, if Pete has been unsupportive. Man, Russ have a welcome to the real world waiting for him at the next destination.

12 LOVE Russel Wilson, Pete sold his soul to Russ, Seattle adores him, He basically walked on water here, much to the disdain of his former teammates like Angry, Sherm, etc

chris98251

Reaction score
The Fan base was mean to Heyward, Griffey, Arod, Johnson, Krieg, Zorn, Hass, Holmgren, Knox Patera, Flores, Carl, Wilkens, Hopkins, Bill Russell Justifiably Behring and Schultz, we are mean and bitchy.