What should we expect from the Hawks...

LTH

Reaction score
What should we expect from the Hawks the next few games?

The fact that the Seahawks are 3-2 says a lot about this team. Most teams that have issues with the O line such as the Hawks have had would be like 1-4 .

I'm not expecting the Hawks to overcome the O line issues soon to become an elite O. Maybe 2 the next 2 games maybe even 3 or 4 games. Hopefully Lucas will comeback soon. Even when he comes back it's going to take a couple of games to get some rhythm back and then to get some continuity going which will open that play book up.

The 3 issues they seem to be having trouble with.

1. Red zone
2. 3rd down efficiency
3. Offensive penalties

IMO all 3 of these issues are because of the O line injury issues, and Metcalf.

I think the Hawks can still win, but I don't think they will be elite until they get the O line healthy and playing well together.

I keep waiting for Waldron to take advantage of the height advantage of Parkinson and Fant in the red zone. I'm not quite sure why he is not. Maybe they are trying to develope other area's. But if there is no time to throw the ball, it seems like a perfect match up in the red zone to throw the ball high and let Parkinson go up and get it. Also I've been waiting for them to get Bobo more involved.

I think it's up to Waldron and Carroll to be creative in game planning and play calling to give Geno a chance to execute the O. I really believe the Hawks need to establish the run game in a big way!

I think it's up to the D to keep growing and keeping games close enough so the offense doesn't have to put up big points to win the game. Inlove the way this D is coming together.

Hopefully the Hawks can get the O line health issues resolved in the next 2 games and then 2 games to dial it in for the elite teams on the schedule. . Hopefully the Hawks don't suffer many injuries to key players.

Next 4 games:

AZ
Clev.
Baltimore.
Washington

I'm hoping the Hawks can go 3-1 during this stretch no worse than 2-2. We should have a good idea of how the Seahawks can compete with elite teams after this stretch.

Then life gets REALLY hard with the rest of the schedule

Rams
49ers
Cowboys
49ers
Eagles

I'm not going to even think about these games yet until it comes around.

This is what is going through my mind

What are your thoughts?

LTH

Slick

Reaction score
4. Team health. Oline personnel start coming back and get consistent. Geno is injured I think. Get that ankle/leg healthy.

On point 1 above….11-20 yards its okay to strive to score but focus on 10 yards and a new set of downs.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah , the next four games we should hopefully see the Seahawks get a little healthier and Geno Smith should have more time to throw .

The defense also seems to be coming together . I can't wait to see what they can do against the better offenses .

I still think next season is their year .

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Yeah , the next four games we should hopefully see the Seahawks get a little healthier and Geno Smith should have more time to throw .

The defense also seems to be coming together . I can't wait to see what they can do against the better offenses .

I still think next season is their year .
I'm just hoping that injuries don't dominate this year. Thankfully the injuries on the O line are not serious. I'm wondering about Lucus... I really hope it's not something more than what they are saying and he will be back in a couple of weeks because they are starting to run out of time. They really need to get going by the next 4 games from my perspective. The thing that could save us is if the Niners have the injury bug.... and that's starting to happen. They really need to split with the niners in a worst case senerio for them to compete for the west.

What do you think?

LTH

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm just hoping that injuries don't dominate this year. Thankfully the injuries on the O line are not serious. I'm wondering about Lucus... I really hope it's not something more than what they are saying and he will be back in a couple of weeks because they are starting to run out of time. They really need to get going by the next 4 games from my perspective. The thing that could save us is if the Niners have the injury bug.... and that's starting to happen. They really need to split with the niners in a worst case senerio for them to compete for the west.

What do you think?

LTH
By the time an NFL team is 8-10 games into a season, they're dealing with injuries.
It just depends on who and how bad.

Maybe the Seahawks can use Jason Peters and bring in the center they drafted from Michigan. They have options, a split with the niners would be a huge step forward.

Reactions: LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
No idea what to expect and thats what makes it fun. One week they can look like world beaters and the next like they forgot how to play football. You never know.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I could easily see them losing 9 of the last 12. The defense's second-half performance last week, though, could be a hint otherwise if it continues.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If 100% healthy, I expect Seahawks to play well— about same as Lions but behind Eagles and 49ers in NFC. My record in our pick’em league is 61-33.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm confident.

The Niners, Eagles, and Cowboys don't scare me at all. I think we'll win at least one of those. Our defense has the speed to slow down those offenses.

jeremiah

Reaction score

The fact that the Seahawks are 3-2 says a lot about this team. Most teams that have issues with the O line such as the Hawks have had would be like 1-4 .

I'm not expecting the Hawks to overcome the O line issues soon to become an elite O. Maybe 2 the next 2 games maybe even 3 or 4 games. Hopefully Lucas will comeback soon. Even when he comes back it's going to take a couple of games to get some rhythm back and then to get some continuity going which will open that play book up.

1. Red zone
2. 3rd down efficiency
3. Offensive penalties

I think the Hawks can still win, but I don't think they will be elite until they get the O line healthy and playing well together.

I keep waiting for Waldron to take advantage of the height advantage of Parkinson and Fant in the red zone. I'm not quite sure why he is not. Maybe they are trying to develope other area's. But if there is no time to throw the ball, it seems like a perfect match up in the red zone to throw the ball high and let Parkinson go up and get it. Also I've been waiting for them to get Bobo more involved.

I think it's up to Waldron and Carroll to be creative in game planning and play calling to give Geno a chance to execute the O. I really believe the Hawks need to establish the run game in a big way!

I think it's up to the D to keep growing and keeping games close enough so the offense doesn't have to put up big points to win the game. Inlove the way this D is coming together.

Hopefully the Hawks can get the O line health issues resolved in the next 2 games and then 2 games to dial it in for the elite teams on the schedule. . Hopefully the Hawks don't suffer many injuries to key players.

Next 4 games:

AZ
Clev.
Baltimore.
Washington

I'm hoping the Hawks can go 3-1 during this stretch no worse than 2-2. We should have a good idea of how the Seahawks can compete with elite teams after this stretch.

Rams
49ers
Cowboys
49ers
Eagles

What are your thoughts?

LTH
We should export the Coach and the QB.. Oh you said expect? Nevermind

Fade

Reaction score

1. Red zone
2. 3rd down efficiency

3. Offensive penalties

Next 4 games:

AZ
Clev.
Baltimore.
Washington

Rams
49ers
Cowboys
49ers
Eagles

What are your thoughts?

LTH
Leaving Geno out of the main struggles is being intellectually dishonest.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Leaving Geno out of the main struggles is being intellectually dishonest.
No.... I agree that Geno has to play better...I just don't think his play has proved that he can not be an effective QB for the Seahawks. Fair?

LTH

NoGain

Reaction score
As far as Geno is concerned, what other choice do we really have? It's not like Lock has proven himself to be a competent NFL QB yet. And what if Lock comes in and lays eggs? You've already showed a lack of faith in Geno.

It's going to be Geno for this season. Get used to it, barring injuries or a disastrous streak.