Why is nobody talking about the D?

LTH

Reaction score
We have known since the Rams game that the O line is beat up and decimated that was exposed vs the Bengles... that's what this team needs to fix. They need to get healthy and get some continuity on that O line.

the D in the 2nd half, completely shut down Burrows and one of the best wide receiver core in the league, holding them to something like 214 total yards , 46 yards rushing, 168 yards passing, sacked Burrows 3 times holding them to 3-13 on 3rd down. Just a stellar performance by the D. This is something to be excited about!

It's a process... nothing to be disappointed about. Niners lost so they didn't give up any ground. Not sure how they are going to fix the O line... this loss was NOT ON Geno.

Are you excited about our D?

How are the Hawks going to fix the O line?

Thoughts?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because the Defense was damn good. After a loss, the natural tendency is to talk about the negative.
Geno, The O Line, the Offensive Play calling, DK's tantrum etc.
And this loss absolutely WAS ON GENO. He said as much in post-game. He was a HUGE part of it. Let's see what he does about it next week.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Because the Defense was damn good. After a loss, the natural tendency is to talk about the negative.
And this loss absolutely WAS ON GENO. He said as much in post-game. He was a HUGE part of it. Let's see what he does about it next week.
I totally disagree with you. The last two plays of the game, geno just got mailed from the right side he had 1.5 seconds to throw the ball.. the Bengle pass rush was in his face all game. The Hawks O line was exposed . Even the play where Metcalf was wide open Geno didn't see him because he was running for his life... Rewatch the game and see Geno was mailed especially in the red zone.

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't care if you disagree, anyone who watched that game knows he was as bad as we've seen him yesterday.
He missed open guys all day long. But I get it, it's Geno...........he still floats in mid-air.

Reactions: LTH

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't care if you disagree, anyone who watched that game knows he was as bad as we've seen him yesterday.
He missed open guys all day long. But I get it, it's Geno...........he still floats in mid-air.
Maybe he missed the open receivers because he was too busy running for his life....

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I totally disagree with you. The last two plays of the game, geno just got mailed from the right side he had 1.5 seconds to throw the ball.. the Bengle pass rush was in his face all game. The Hawks O line was exposed . Even the play where Metcalf was wide open Geno didn't see him because he was running for his life... Rewatch the game and see Geno was mailed especially in the red zone.

LTH
I agree. I saw the play you talk about. He had zero time.

And the pancake tackle that should have been 15 yards and 1st and goal. Well, pisses me off. Hardcount pissed me off too.

I saw Geno's presser yesterday. I liked the suit! That was awesome. Dude rocks some interesting clothes. I said it was all his fault yesterday in the heat of the moment. Just like Russ had russspeak and Pete has petespeak - what I heard yesterday was Geno speak. He thought he was expected to take the blame, and he did. With almost the same exact words that I've heard before - nothing particularly wrong with that. He likes the 'thumb' comment and uses it well. He thinks that is what a leader does - and to a certain extent he's right. Same thing with coaching JSN and Bobo the other week. He takes alot of the blame on his back.

What I DID see (as a slight aside) is an overly happy Pete after a loss telling us it was a 'great freaking game'. Someone should have explained to him that they actually lost. THAT is some responsibility I wish he'd take.....

I mentioned when Geno gets pressure he gets happy feet (what quarterback other than IceMan doesn't?). That's not all on him. Waldron and the OLine need to take some responsbility too. Where's the creative TE sets? Where's the intelligent run game? I saw some TE 'stuff' yesterday - but the entire TE playcalling can't just be a quick 2 yard pass.

He needed more time. He dropped the ball on a couple things for sure - but...... And I don't think this is making excuses (geno for prez) - I think there's truly some blame to go around the whole O side off the ball (and not to just dilute the blame). What's Geno capable of? The opening series.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I mean, almost every QB says that after every loss. Geno was very off but the play calling was terrible and utterly abysmal in the redzone. A good leader is going to take the blame even if it isn't his to take. In this instance, a lot of it actually is but he's not gonna call out the OL or OC or anyone else that's just as or more culpable in the loss.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe he missed the open receivers because he was too busy running for his life....
Right, he ONLY missed them when he was running his life. Got it..........
Death, Taxes and Geno isn't at fault..........ever. He has been missing wide open receivers all season.
He was AWFUL yesterday, but by all means, act like he was just fine.

toffee

Reaction score
On one hand, it looked like our D will again save our O.
On the other hand, why would our O needed to be saved?

knownone

Reaction score
After a loss, people tend to focus on what failed. It's natural. The offense failed to score when it mattered, and Geno turned the ball over. It's the easy thing to focus on and vent frustration—even if it's slightly misguided (the offense was great in several areas).

Also, many of the more prominent overreactors have basically said we'll never have a good defense with Pete again. So it's probably best if they avoid the topic; otherwise, they'll have to contort their argument into the nebulous territory of praising the talent over the coaching, etc.

JPatera76

Reaction score
We have known since the Rams game that the O line is beat up and decimated that was exposed vs the Bengles... that's what this team needs to fix. They need to get healthy and get some continuity on that O line.

the D in the 2nd half, completely shut down Burrows and one of the best wide receiver core in the league, holding them to something like 214 total yards , 46 yards rushing, 168 yards passing, sacked Burrows 3 times holding them to 3-13 on 3rd down. Just a stellar performance by the D. This is something to be excited about!

It's a process... nothing to be disappointed about. Niners lost so they didn't give up any ground. Not sure how they are going to fix the O line... this loss was NOT ON Geno.

Are you excited about our D?

How are the Hawks going to fix the O line?

Thoughts?

Because too many people are bitching and whining about, Geno, about the loss, about DK and overall being negative. Lol

The D imo is coming into its own And doing a lot better than I EXPECTED. I’m happy with it

• Love
Reactions: LTH
OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Lol I'm sure you don't care and that's fine with me. Go back and rewatch the game. pay attention to the right side of the line. Count how much time he had to throw the ball... most of the time he was running for his life before the receiver's made their break. The bengles pass rush over welmed the Seahawks O line the Bengles secondary covered extremely well... That being said I'm not looking past mistakes Geno made but he wasn't the reason the Hawks lost that game.

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fine, Geno played just fine, and he wasn't part of the problem at all. Got it. He was a HUGE part of that loss.
Sorry if that hurts your feelings. He would tell the same thing.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Fine, Geno played just fine, and he wasn't part of the problem at all. Got it. He was a HUGE part of that loss.
Sorry if that hurts your feelings. He would tell the same thing.
I didn't say Geno didn't make mistakes what I said was he wasn't the reason the Hawks lost the game.

Go back and look at the tape look at the last two drives the Hawks made inside the red zone. It's completely obvious.

The other factor is, with all the injury on the O line, they can't open up the playbook because players are switching positions. There is no continuity because of this, it limits the play book. We saw this when they ran the same play that lockett scored that Great TD against the Giants. The Bengles saw that on tape and when the Hawks ran it against them they were ready for it case and point made.

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I didn't say he was THE reason either. But he was horrible, not sure why it's so hard for people to just face facts. He was a HUGE part of why they lost.
That pick into double coverage was pathetic. NO excuse for that. But I'm sure it wasn't his fault either. On 4th and goal, he could have at least just tossed the ball into the end zone to see if someone could come up with it and/or get a PI call. He just hugged it like a loaf of bread. He missed open guys in the end zone. He just continues to get a pass for some reason. His field vision is bad. Wyman talks about him missing wide open guys often, KJ talks about it. I'm going to take the word of former NFL players on this. And I see it with my own eyes at the games. He is ALWAYS missing wide open guys.
When he is on, he's damn good. But he was BAD. We need good Geno for this team to be successful.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The majority of the NFL had an epically bad week on offense.

29 pass TD, 31 int. Worst week since 2007
42.4% RZ tied for lowest since 2014
18.4 ppg lowest week since 2014
31 int and 10 fumbles lost, 107 pts off of turnovers

Geno had guys open, whether it was a missed read or no time it killed what could’ve been a fantastic game and win. 323yrds, if he hits a couple of those wide open shots it’s a win going away and the negatives don’t look as bad.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Right, he ONLY missed them when he was running his life. Got it..........
Death, Taxes and Geno isn't at fault..........ever. He has been missing wide open receivers all season.
He was AWFUL yesterday, but by all means, act like he was just fine.
It's easy to see the open receiver on television. Not so easy on the field when you're running for your life. Geno didn't play well, but the offensive line was complete garbage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Combo of both. He sucked. It wasn't the O Line's fault he throw two ridiculous picks. Especially the one inside the 5. What the hell was he even thinking? He also almost threw a pick on another drive.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I didn't say he was THE reason either. But he was horrible, not sure why it's so hard for people to just face facts. He was a HUGE part of why they lost.
That pick into double coverage was pathetic. NO excuse for that. But I'm sure it wasn't his fault either. On 4th and goal, he could have at least just tossed the ball into the end zone to see if someone could come up with it and/or get a PI call. He just hugged it like a loaf of bread. He missed open guys in the end zone. He just continues to get a pass for some reason. His field vision is bad. Wyman talks about him missing wide open guys often, KJ talks about it. I'm going to take the word of former NFL players on this. And I see it with my own eyes at the games. He is ALWAYS missing wide open guys.
When he is on, he's damn good. But he was BAD. We need good Geno for this team to be successful.
Actually you did say,

"this loss absolutely WAS ON GENO."

LTH