What would you take for DK in a trade?

PNW

Reaction score
Two firsts, a 3rd and a quality starting WR.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Gordon is done, he's never playing again.

DK on the other hand, no trade. He is talent incarnate and a legitimate WR threat and weapon on the offense.

misfit

Reaction score
What would you have taken for Steve Largent in a trade?

getnasty

Reaction score
You would need multiple fairly high draft picks for DK. I wouldn't trade him but if you consider gaining 2-1st round picks and saving 22+ million a year in cap space i wouldn't be oppose.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wenhawk":zkme3gas said:
More than two 1sts.

Yep. Two firsts is the bare minimum, and only to a bad team. If the Dolphins wanna stick with Tua or the Jets wanna go with Darnold, then both of their 2021 firsts would give me a reason to listen. Even then, not sure that gets it done.

Jets have #2 and #23, and the Dolphins have #3 and #18. Either way, I'd be targeting a small trade down with the first pick and gunning for Ja'Marr Chase and Alex Leatherwood. Maybe Sewell/Waddle. Either way, WR/OT.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":qpbeo9cx said:
Wenhawk":qpbeo9cx said:
More than two 1sts.

Yep. Two firsts is the bare minimum, and only to a bad team. If the Dolphins wanna stick with Tua or the Jets wanna go with Darnold, then both of their 2021 firsts would give me a reason to listen. Even then, not sure that gets it done.

Jets have #2 and #23, and the Dolphins have #3 and #18. Either way, I'd be targeting a small trade down with the first pick and gunning for Ja'Marr Chase and Alex Leatherwood. Maybe Sewell/Waddle. Either way, WR/OT.

Yeah, those picks would have to be guaranteed high money picks to even entertain this. We have a potential transcendent offensive talent that could threaten WR records if we're lucky enough to get the right offensive system in here. He just set the Seahawk record for yards and he hasn't even hit his prime yet!

Chawker

Reaction score
Trading DK is a slippy slope. If your intentions are to increase our draft capital just remember DK is still on his rookie contract, and he is a proven commodity.

I'd say that his value would be in the neighborhood of 1. First round 1. Second 1. Third round selections over two years.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Yeah Andy would be about the only guy in the nfl besides maholmsy I'd even consider
You'ld have to be a compklete moron to trade DK in my book
We have the POTENTIAL to become unstoppable
I've always thought we just needed the right scheme and if this chemistry works then what more could you ask for
hopefully in a few years we can look back on these days as the start of our next runs in the SB
Chemistry chemistry chemistry , not unlike location location location in real estate
Go Hawks

mistaowen

Reaction score
I wouldn't take anything for him. He's another offseason of polish away from being a top 5 WR. Improve some more challenging routes, get rid of the drops, guy should be a 10+ target a game superstar.

Biggest issue is having a coaching staff who couldn't scheme players open. DK put up this monster year winning 1 on 1 sideline routes for the first 6 weeks + the Eagles game. Imagine what the potential is with the new OC who comes from a system consistently getting guys open through intelligence and not just out-talenting? I am so excited to see YAC and creativity this season.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I would take.....

31 first round picks. Every team sends us their first round pick. In exchange they reserve the right to send their greatest warrior to fight in a battle royale, winner gets DK Metcalf. DK would also compete in the battle royale, if he wins (he would), he could choose to play for any team, inclusing Seattle.....and I would still be hesitant to make this deal.

Rat

Reaction score
Nobody is completely untradeable to me, but the kind of compensation I would want to move DK is at a level I couldn't realistically see any franchise meeting. If they were: wow, they must really, really like him.