DK… he deserves his own thread

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Nope better… way better

My favorite movie

AYFKM? Best movie of all time!

And, just for the record, if you're going to post the lead-up to the best speech in any movie ever made, please include the speech!!!!!

And, further for the record - I HAVE a BMF wallet!

Anyone: go to the 1:30 here - "I'm tryin real hard to be the shepherd."

That is all ;)

• Love
Reactions: Xxx

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Did you watch Geno consistently over throw him and lead him out of bounds last game…
I've been seeing DK will not use his vertical advantage(s)
that he has to catch balls high.
You would think the man should have this reach to snatch
a football from above or jumping ability to use along with
that.
All I have seen is that you cannot high point passes to him
and that is pathetic to me.
Since he has gotten paid has he lost it?

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
that.
He shouldn’t have to jump to beat a blitz

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
that.
I don’t think so. I think his competitiveness is so intense that he needed to go through some mental battles to learn how to deal with his emotions. And he has. I think this is his first down year and it correlates with his QBs play.

If dk goes deep everyone else go over the middle if everyone else goes deep dk over the middle. They need a blitz eater play and they’re not even trying it

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
Metcalf's PFF grade for run blocking is 61.4, which ranks him 39th, while Jake Bobo, the same height but 30 pounds lighter, is ranked 2nd with a 72.0 grade.

Metcalf's pass blocking relative to his peers came out even worse, coming in at 97th. For a man his size and strength, those numbers are horrible. He doesn't act like he wants to block.

As tall as he is, my guess is that Metcalf has played a lot of basketball.
I absolutely love Jake bobo but right now he’s a secret weapon not a number one

RiverDog

Reaction score
I absolutely love Jake bobo but right now he’s a secret weapon not a number one
I never said that he was. My point was that Bobo, despite being the same height but 30 pounds lighter than Metcalf, is the better blocker of the two. There's no reason why Metcalf shouldn't be able to block better than he does. He simply doesn't want to. Hell, Cooper Kupp is a better blocker than Metcalf is.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
I never said that he was. My point was that Bobo, despite being the same height but 30 pounds lighter than Metcalf, is the better blocker of the two. There's no reason why Metcalf shouldn't be able to block better than he does. He simply doesn't want to. Hell, Cooper Kupp is a better blocker than Metcalf is.
I think bobos blocking adds to his deception and it’s part of how a 4.9er (not a 49er) made the team undrafted

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing. I just think matcalf should not be focused on for his blocking

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
I wonder how much Randy moss blocked or Larry or Jerry, not comparing the players just the assignments

RiverDog

Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing. I just think matcalf should not be focused on for his blocking
He's not. There's been all sorts of discussion about his pass catching abilities and hardly any about his blocking. But blocking is an attribute of a receiver just like any other offensive position except for the quarterback. It's fair game for this thread.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score

And, just for the record, if you're going to post the lead-up to the best speech in any movie ever made, please include the speech!!!!!

That is all ;)

The whole speech is awesome but I was forced to enlighten those who did not know about Samuel L. Jackson’s wallet, so I was trying to be concise. Not always my strong suit

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score

That is all ;)

There would be almost nothing wrong with posting the whole dang movie

Zed’s dead baby
Zed’s dead

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
He is a stud and we could get a first for him and then some. But way too often he just does not produce. Those drops are drive killers.
People don’t really think we could get a first.. they say he’s a bum… teams would lie and call him a bum too to try and get him cheap. He’s not a bum. He is the heart. Even though he isn’t the “leader” I promise his teammates look at him like one

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
He completely sucks at contested catches. He never high points the ball, ever. He never battles a db half his size for a contested ball. I really don't get it especially considering how good he is at run blocking. Coaches need to scheme him open and move him around, I'm sick of this clear out/fade route crap 90% of the time. He sucks at contested deep balls, so stop freaking dialing those up.
Agreed. I also feel they force hime the ball way too often. I feel we would gain by subtraction by trading him. I am not a hater but I feel we are fitting a square peg in a round hole with him.