What do you expect?

Welshers2

Reaction score
What does everyone expect of this team? What are your expectations for this roster? What would make you be satisfied and not constantly trash the team? I imagine they'd have to win the SB every year.

For me they are going above expectation.

This is a team in the second year of a rebuild. They've done really well in the draft and are trending up. Personally I think it's impressive they are even a fringe playoff team.

Last year they were supposed to be the worst team in football and they made the playoffs. This year they had another great draft but have been hurt by injuries. The fact is 6-4 is probably about right for this team. People are acting like this team should be undefeated.

I'm just wondering what people expect. When you trade the cornerstone of your franchise you are obviously rebuilding. Personally I think Seahawks fans are spoiled. We've had an unbelievable run of winning seasons and now we way outperformed expectations while rebuilding. Give it a couple more years before you start calling for heads.

The fact is Geno is a middle of the pack QB. He keeps us competitive. We don't have another option so I'm not sure what people want.

I just see all this constant whining and I only think one thing: entitled. Why watch if you're just going to be mad the whole time? Just enjoy the game and the ride. 31 teams won't win the SB this year. Plenty of teams won't make the playoffs for year on end. This team has been a winning franchise year in and year out since Carroll got here and we're lucky to have it.

I love this forum but it's sucking the fun out of the games for me. I may need to go on here less. The Seahawks are overperforming if anything. Not sure what the whiners expect.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I expect a coaching staff as veteran as this one to have their team disciplined enough to not commit 200 yards of penalties crippling drive after drive.

These aren't just unlucky penalties. We're talking penalties that Pop Warner teams don't make. Not lined up on the line pre-snap correctly, motion, dumb technique holding, hands to the face.

Just aggravating beyond belief crapping the bed undisciplined you don't deserve to win if you're this poorly coached of a team penalties.

THAT'S what I expect.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Btw, get Dee Eskridge the hell off my team. Dude's a bust of biblical proportion.

All he does is make mistakes, get in the way and get bitch slapped straight into the medical tent.

Should have cut his ass after his domestic violence arrest.

Wheetie

Reaction score
How can you say overperforming? This roster is stacked. What position is lacking, including Geno when he's on? I don't mind a loss, but they way they lose is infuriating. Undisciplined penalties and horrible scheming. These should easily remedied, yet, they rarely are. As a fan I get upset because they just constantly fall short of their potential as a group, and this to me is all on coaching, which again, can be fixed if they'd only be flexible enough to adjust. We whine because somehow we feel that by doing so maybe the coaches will listen...lol
In fact, sometimes I wonder if a few of the Coaches post on the site being incognito. Again Lol

Scutter?
Hedgehawk?
LTH?

Specifically you ask what we/I expect? I expect them to win games like yesterday where they utterly gave a win away due to lack of discipline and incompetence. No excuse...

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
What does everyone expect of this team? What are your expectations for this roster? What would make you be satisfied and not constantly trash the team? I imagine they'd have to win the SB every year.

This is a team in the second year of a rebuild. They've done really well in the draft and are trending up. Personally I think it's impressive they are even a fringe playoff team.

Last year they were supposed to be the worst team in football and they made the playoffs. This year they had another great draft but have been hurt by injuries. The fact is 6-4 is probably about right for this team. People are acting like this team should be undefeated.

I'm just wondering what people expect. When you trade the cornerstone of your franchise you are obviously rebuilding. Personally I think Seahawks fans are spoiled. We've had an unbelievable run of winning seasons and now we way outperformed expectations while rebuilding. Give it a couple more years before you start calling for heads.

The fact is Geno is a middle of the pack QB. He keeps us competitive. We don't have another option so I'm not sure what people want.

I just see all this constant whining and I only think one thing: entitled. Why watch if you're just going to be mad the whole time? Just enjoy the game and the ride. 31 teams won't win the SB this year. Plenty of teams won't make the playoffs for year on end. This team has been a winning franchise year in and year out since Carroll got here and we're lucky to have it.

I love this forum but it's sucking the fun out of the games for me. I may need to go on here less. The Seahawks are overperforming if anything. Not sure what the whiners expect.
Well said.

I would say that they've held up okay. Considering this team has had a makeshift offensive line for most of the season. While a 41 year old Jason Peters & Stone Forsythe split reps yesterday. Among other injuries. Which led to your starting QB having to come out of the game.

The penalties did not help matters. But if you want to point to one area? It's the IOL. Phil Haynes had a rough time with Donald.

My biggest beef with Pete & John is how they've poured resources into the IOL. No more cheap signings (Haynes-1 year deal). Address it & make it a strength. Not a weakness.

Last edited:

Xxx

Reaction score

My expectations would be to do better than last year. Also what bothers me about the team is that they are better than they are playing. They should not have lost to Cincinnati or the rams the second time. Even the first loss to the rams wasn’t normal. The ravens loss I’m ok with but not the way it happened. I hate seeing things slip away that shouldn’t and I feel like what makes them slip away is totally preventable. I guess I am way too critical of them and geno, but I hate watching them beat themselves.
I had Super Bowl expectations, because there are only two teams in the nfc that even made me hesitate, the niners and the eagles, and if the hawks played to their potential and stopped beating themselves I would think we could beat them both.
Geno has been so polar opposite from quarter to quarter and drive to drive it’s hard to know who he is and really hard to trust him. I’ve been trying to lay off of him though because I really feel like the commanders game and even the rams game he did it at the end which is the one thing I didn’t think he could do.
My lack of faith in Geno made me feel like the season is pointless and so my attitude sucked. But I gotta give him some credit because of how he has been closing out games. It’s improved. A little red zone improvement and a few more plays in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and this team would have only 2 losses.
So anyway if they pull this off on Thursday then we have a chance and we are playing with house money and nothing to lose. My expectations are none, my hope is a Super Bowl. We can dream right?

Last edited:

Xxx

Reaction score
I expect a coaching staff as veteran as this one to have their team disciplined enough to not commit 200 yards of penalties crippling drive after drive.

These aren't just unlucky penalties. We're talking penalties that Pop Warner teams don't make. Not lined up on the line pre-snap correctly, motion, dumb technique holding, hands to the face.

Just aggravating beyond belief crapping the bed undisciplined you don't deserve to win if you're this poorly coached of a team penalties.

THAT'S what I expect.
I’ve heard a hundred yards is usually worth a touchdown, so 200 penalty yards….

keasley45

Reaction score
They are beating themselves. I expect them to continue to do so until they get their heads out of their asses.

I also expect them to look a bit more consistent on offense against the 9ers. Although i'm not one to let myself fall for 'conspiracy theories', i do think a degree of our issue is that we do have a tendency to become more conservative when we think the game is one we will win and prefer to save our fireworks for when we need them - whether in game or against future opponents. AND... i think that tendency is now complicated by an OC who isnt the best at calling a game (ie - doing the conservative stuff with enough creativity to keep us winning). So we see quarters 1 and the first half of 2 where we are dominant. And then, the wheels fall off. If we could play OC by committee, i'd have Shane scripting the 1st qtr, Schotty 2 and 3, and then relying on whichever of the two we need for qtr 4 depending on whether or not we are ahead.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I expect them to be effective on both sides of the ball, for FOUR quarters. The same excuses for failure (by the team and fans) week in and week out for a decade is getting kind of old and predictable at this point.

Honestly, I think I'm just sick of hearing how everything is fine, relax, coach speak this and that. Would someone just say "We f@#$ing s#!+ the bed and heads are gonna roll", just once. Whete's Sherm with a "You Suck!" when you need it...

This team lacks fire, attitude, mojo, whatever you want to call it. I have a hard time believing any defensive player on Seattle's SB teams would be happy/content with the effort/play we've seen this year. They'd be pissed and I'm not seeing that from these current players.

To me, we're deep enough into the season to know what this team is made of...and it isn't championship caliber play.

SUPER solid rebuilding process though, gotta stick with it. I didn't have the 'hawks making a real push for another two years, assuming they get their QB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My prediction at the start of the season was 9-8, wild card berth, one and done in the playoffs, and it looks like we're right on track for that kind of result. Here's my WAG prediction for the remainder of the season:

vs. SF: L
at Dal: L
at SF: L
vs. Phi: L
at Ten: W
vs. Pit: L
at Az: W

Record: 8-9. Wild card entry with Cowboys (5th seed) Vikings (6th seed), and us (7th seed). We'll play the Lions in the wild card game and lose by 10.