DK… he deserves his own thread

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
They are his numbers, not Geno's. And the numbers are putrid.

There is obviously some, perhaps a lot, of blame to be shared by the QB and OC. But they are not his only problem. Metcalf is a one-dimensional receiver with tight hips and a small catch radius for a man his size. His first few steps aren't quick as at his size and stride, it takes longer for him to get up to full speed, which results in his not exploding out of his breaks. He's not a great route runner as you seldom see him in space like you do with Lockett.
Man, when I a guy runs a slant is he going full speed… I don’t need him in space. I need him to catch underneath even though he is covered. Whoever up above said Pete has them running fades all day in practice. STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
They are his numbers, not Geno's. And the numbers are putrid.

There is obviously some, perhaps a lot, of blame to be shared by the QB and OC. But they are not his only problem. Metcalf is a one-dimensional receiver with tight hips and a small catch radius for a man his size. His first few steps aren't quick as at his size and stride, it takes longer for him to get up to full speed, which results in his not exploding out of his breaks. He's not a great route runner as you seldom see him in space like you do with Lockett.

Here are his stats. Almost 700 yards over 10 yards per catch. The only number I’m not satisfied with is touchdowns, but how many sail over his head or are to far out of bounds. Low percentage fades where geno throws up a jump ball that’s not catchable anyway, yeah I don’t blame DK at all

Attachments

• IMG_4726.png
    IMG_4726.png
    252.8 KB · Views: 3

NoChops

Reaction score
forget Largent. give him the same number of games in a Seahawks uniform and it will be:
Largent
DK
Locket
Blades
Baldwin

He has played half as many games as Baldwin and is what? 10 td's behind him? He has more TDs than Blades already..

going old school here...

DK is maaaannnnnn.

Reactions: Xxx

morgulon1

Reaction score
So you call DK “boy” and Geno isn’t intelligent to go along with all the childish insults that make up 99% of your posts.
You paint a pretty good picture of your who you are…
How miserable is your life that this is all you have to offer.
This is a fan forum . More specifically, a forum for a team that is underachieving in many people's opinion. So at this point , it's kind of a bitchfest these days with not a lot of hope on the horizon. So people are fed up with the coaching , next the players.

I see the way your taking Seehocks posts towards a certain slant. Why ?

I personally feel like Geno Smith has trouble going through route progression, am I racist ?

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
This is a fan forum . More specifically, a forum for a team that is underachieving in many people's opinion. So at this point , it's kind of a bitchfest these days with not a lot of hope on the horizon. So people are fed up with the coaching , next the players.

I personally feel like Geno Smith has trouble going through route progression, am I racist ?
Absolutely not. Not racist at all not one bit. I agree with you and I have a beautiful Nubian queen for my wife

RiverDog

Reaction score
Here are his stats. Almost 700 yards over 10 yards per catch. The only number I’m not satisfied with is touchdowns, but how many sail over his head or are to far out of bounds. Low percentage fades where geno throws up a jump ball that’s not catchable anyway, yeah I don’t blame DK at all
Metcalf's yards per catch is very good, and you've actually understated it as it's 15.7, firmly in the top 10 for receivers with 30+ receptions. And although his total yards don't exactly suck, they are about half of what Tyreek Hill has. He's 21st in the league in yards per game.

But the rest of his numbers suck. He's 43rd in the league in receptions, and his receptions to targets ratio is even worse. I haven't done the homework, but by just glancing at them, they look like it's the worst in the league. And he has just three touchdowns in 11 games.

Tyreek Hill has well over twice the yards, over twice the receptions, and over three times the touchdowns. Metcalf is not playing like a #1 receiver.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
Metcalf's yards per catch is very good, and you've actually understated it as it's 15.7, firmly in the top 10 for receivers with 30+ receptions. And although his total yards don't exactly suck, they are about half of what Tyreek Hill has. He's 21st in the league in yards per game.

But the rest of his numbers suck. He's 43rd in the league in receptions, and his receptions to targets ratio is even worse. And he has just three touchdowns in 11 games. Tyreek Hill has well over twice the yards, over twice the receptions, and over three times the touchdowns. Metcalf is not playing like a #1 receiver.
More results of who his qb is and play calling

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score

But the rest of his numbers suck. He's 43rd in the league in receptions, and his receptions to targets ratio is even worse. I haven't done the homework, but by just glancing at them, they look like it's the worst in the league. And he has just three touchdowns in 11 games.

Tyreek Hill has well over twice the yards, over twice the receptions, and over three times the touchdowns. Metcalf is not playing like a #1 receiver.
Did you watch Geno consistently over throw him and lead him out of bounds last game…

RiverDog

Reaction score
More results of who his qb is and play calling
Yes, I saw a lot of off target passes intended for Metcalf. We have a tendency to send him on fly routes down the sideline, using the logic that even if it's incomplete, it will force defenses to loosen up. Play calling and quarterbacking does have a huge impact on a receiver's production, and in Geno's case, all of his numbers are down from 2022: Completion percentage, TD:INT ratio, passer rating. It's undeniable that it's having a major effect on Metcalf's putrid numbers.

But in this case, there's too big of a disparity for it to ALL be on the QB and play calling. There's a lot of bad quarterbacking going on, but none have a target to completion ratio as bad as Geno and Metcalf have. And as down as Geno's numbers are from 2022, he's still far from being the worst QB in the league. Metcalf is not getting open, yet we continue to force the ball to him.

SNDavidson

Reaction score

Because that post is ignorant as f*ck and an embarrassment to this board.