Trade thought

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Nothing about this trade scenario makes sense, sorry man.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Nobody’s giving up a second round pick for Geno Smith
Geno Smith made the pro bowl 2 straight years and there would be a ton of dead money the Seahawks absorb (making it cheap for another team to acquire him). Seahawks gave up a 2nd for Lenny with 1 year left at DT.. QB is obviously the most important position and with all the dead money, it's possible they could fetch a 2nd for him. Perhaps is a 3rd, but a 2nd isn't impossible. If they don't get a 3rd.. I can't see how it would make since for Seattle since they don't save a lot of cap room, and Geno is considered an above average QB (by most metrics).

bigcc

Reaction score
"Williams is only 20"

He turns 23 with 8 games+playoffs left next season, but let's not let that take away from anything else......

Parallax

Reaction score
If the Bears were crazy or stupid enough to offer us this trade, Schneider would take it. If he didn't, he'd have no business being a GM for any team. Trouble is, no way it happens.

Imagine what a haul it would represent for Seattle, which could turn around and trade Fields on a rookie contract for a second or a third. It's extremely unlikely we could get that for Geno alone. At best, maybe a fourth. And they're letting us take their #9 for our #16, why???

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If the Bears were crazy or stupid enough to offer us this trade, Schneider would take it. If he didn't, he'd have no business being a GM for any team. Trouble is, no way it happens.

Imagine what a haul it would represent for Seattle, which could turn around and trade Fields on a rookie contract for a second or a third. It's extremely unlikely we could get that for Geno alone. At best, maybe a fourth. And they're letting us take their #9 for our #16, why???
Why? Because it’s the Bears. They once traded 2-3rds and a 4th to move up from pick 3 to pick 2 to draft…..Mitch Trubisky. This was with SF who wasn’t in the market for a QB. Just a simple case of know your trade partners and fleece the f out of them!

Parallax

Reaction score
Why? Because it’s the Bears. They once traded 2-3rds and a 4th to move up from pick 3 to pick 2 to draft…..Mitch Trubisky. This was with SF who wasn’t in the market for a QB. Just a simple case of know your trade partners and fleece the f out of them!
If they want to give us something for nothing, I'm all for it. I wish it were that easy.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Everything will be clear 30 days from now.

I'm hoping Drew Lock gets traded to another team and we pick up a QB in the first round.

My predictions:

Geno will struggle trying to grasp a whole new offense.
Geno apologists will blame the OC with no NFL experience, the defense, and/or the OL again.
Geno numbers will go way down and be cut before the next season.
The drafted QB will be starting next season and will struggle.
Whole coaching staff will be fired after two seasons.
We'll start all over again with this process in two years.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

I'm hoping Drew Lock gets traded to another team and we pick up a QB in the first round.

My predictions:

Geno apologists will blame the OC with no NFL experience, the defense, and/or the OL again.
It’s really hard to trade a player not under contract. Drew Lock is a FA.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score

My predictions:

Drew's a big boy. He doesn't need his mommy joining a Seahawks forum a week after he's traded to Seattle to belittle his teammates, post about how amazing he is, and attack anyone who dares to suggest he is not an all-pro who just needs a fair chance to prove it.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think Drew ends up in Chicago. Waldron is there. I think they draft Williams and Waldron leans on Drew to teach him the ropes. Waldron doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, so I absolutley see this scenario as plausible.

Maybe he lobbies to let Drew compete for the No1 spot year one. If he wins it and shines, he can parlay that into a bona-fide starters job after a year or two and Williams sits and learns the way Love did in GB. If he fails, Williams gleans what he can from watching from the bench and then steps in to start when the moment is right.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Drew's a big boy. He doesn't need his mommy joining a Seahawks forum a week after he's traded to Seattle to belittle his teammates, post about how amazing he is, and attack anyone who dares to suggest he is not an all-pro who just needs a fair chance to prove it.

Geno's regular tee shot:

Geno's non-regular tee shot:

Not only that but Geno's peak was 2022..... All downhill from there.
He'll never have a better season than that.

I joined this forum because of Russell being traded not Lock.
I was excited that we had a chance bring in a highly drafted QB with all the cap space we saved and draft picks we got.
Unfortunately, we got saddled with Geno and Lock.
I was hoping for Malik Willis.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Geno's regular tee shot:
View attachment 65042

Geno's non-regular tee shot:
View attachment 65043

Not only that but Geno's peak was 2022..... All downhill from there.
He'll never have a better season than that.

I joined this forum because of Russell being traded not Lock.
I was excited that we had a chance bring in a highly drafted QB with all the cap space we saved and draft picks we got.
Unfortunately, we got saddled with Geno and Lock.
I was hoping for Malik Willis.
Malik Willis? This is why fans aren’t GMs.

12forlife

Reaction score

I gotta get some of this weed these guys are on Parallax. Why would the Bears give us #9 for #16? Geno for Fields straight up is crazy enough! lol
I personally hope we don't go the Fields route, just has shown he can be any type of a consistent pocket passer, and relies to much on his legs. Plus he will probably want $50+ mil a year in '25?

Rat

Reaction score
I respect he's willing to admit it. If I have to hear one more person claim they desperately wanted us to draft Mahomes (who went like 20 picks earlier)...

I didn't care for Willis, but I was driving the Bailey Zappe bandwagon, who hasn't been great either. In Pete's first draft I really, really wanted us to snag Jimmy Clausen with one of those two first round picks. He wasn't selected until 34 picks after we selected Earl.

GemCity

Reaction score
Lmao. OldHawk, you’re hereby known as ‘Butter’ in this thread because you’re on a roll!

You have me dying over here…