Tom Brady PC

Reaneypark

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":2a4a1ndg said:
I hope you guys are his adamant when the investigation turns out empty and that there is no proof the Patriots went and deflated the football after the referees inspected them. Even if Brady asks the ball boys to deflate it to 10.0 PSI so what? If the referees inspect it and its too low, they'll inflate it (or they should) to a legal level. It's what happened AFTER the balls were inspected that concerns me the most. If the referees 100% guarantee the balls were in legal range and they somehow managed to drop beyond a reasonable amount due to the weather, then I'll be skeptical. Right now it's just a bunch of hearsay and washed up, angry players (and fans from a team that lost a Super Bowl 13 years ago but still can't get over it) looking for any excuse they can to discredit the Patriots

What's worse, people over here talking about it, or you wasting time talking to us about talking about it?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":imvntmtd said:
I hope you guys are his adamant when the investigation turns out empty and that there is no proof the Patriots went and deflated the football after the referees inspected them. Even if Brady asks the ball boys to deflate it to 10.0 PSI so what? If the referees inspect it and its too low, they'll inflate it (or they should) to a legal level. It's what happened AFTER the balls were inspected that concerns me the most. If the referees 100% guarantee the balls were in legal range and they somehow managed to drop beyond a reasonable amount due to the weather, then I'll be skeptical. Right now it's just a bunch of hearsay and washed up, angry players (and fans from a team that lost a Super Bowl 13 years ago but still can't get over it) looking for any excuse they can to discredit the Patriots

Com on man!!

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1it5easf said:
GoPatsSB49":1it5easf said:

What's worse, people over here talking about it, or you wasting time talking to us about talking about it?
Neither? It's an NFL discussion and I'm discussing it. Is that alright with you?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1pww0gfn said:
Reaneypark":1pww0gfn said:
GoPatsSB49":1pww0gfn said:

Neither? It's an NFL discussion and I'm discussing it. Is that alright with you?

huskylawyer

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":oa1vbn5z said:
Seahawk Sailor":oa1vbn5z said:
Did you watch Tom Brady's press conference and believe him? Because nobody else believed him. Nobody. Not even the guys who fall for it when they're told "gullible" isn't in the dictionary.
He's never given me reason not to believe him. But even IF he wants the balls deflated less than 12.5, and even IF the ball boys oblige, I want to know if the referees can guarantee they checked the balls the real way (with a gauge) and not some feel test, and THEN I want proof that it was brought back up to a legal specification and had to be tampered with to be brought back down to the level Brady wants them. Listen guys, you can throw out all these jokes, pontifications, "facts", assumptions, whatever, but you know you'd be right where I am right now saying you'll hold off until ALL THE FACTS come out and come out from the NFL.

Ok, first, let me clear the air. I'm a Brady fan. Why? Well, above my office right now is a poster of Brady, Howard, Woodson and Edwards in Michigan uniforms. I'm a Michigan alum ('98) and a HUGE Tom Brady fan (but not a Patriots fan - I will admit that). So I WANT to believe Brady.

But I don't. Why, because I have common sense.

For Brady to expect us to believe that he is very anal about how his footballs are prepared and feels, and then to say, "he didn't notice it" is just laughable. Brady is one of the smartest, most prepared football player in the NFL. Now he expects us to believe his "play dumb" defense. Umm...no. I didn't believe Lance Armostrong, I didn't believe Braun. Why? Because of common sense. And we are to believe that an opposing player who intercepted the ball noticed something was up, and not Brady, who handles the ball on every play? Ummm...no. Not buying it.

Listen, I'm an attorney so I get the "innocent until proven guilty", "need more evidence", etc., etc. But this isn't a criminal proceeding. This is sports. And in sports, if you use a little common sense and objectivity, you usually find the real answer.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
hawkfannj":14rovfs6 said:
GoPatsSB49":14rovfs6 said:

Com on man!!
I think I speak for a lot of the Patriots fanbase when I say that if there is proof that the Patriots tampered with footballs after they were already inspected by the officials, they deserve whatever they have coming to them. We are choosing to stand behind our team no matter what the outcome of this investigation is, but we most certainly will wait for the facts before making any judgment on them. I don't declare them innocent nor do I declare them guilty, because I, like everyone else, don't know the facts. Regardless of what Mortensen and his "league source" tell you on ESPN.CLICKBAIT.COM.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
GoPatsSB49":3e9rd27g said:
Seahawk Sailor":3e9rd27g said:
Did you watch Tom Brady's press conference and believe him? Because nobody else believed him. Nobody. Not even the guys who fall for it when they're told "gullible" isn't in the dictionary.
He's never given me reason not to believe him. But even IF he wants the balls deflated less than 12.5, and even IF the ball boys oblige, I want to know if the referees can guarantee they checked the balls the real way (with a gauge) and not some feel test, and THEN I want proof that it was brought back up to a legal specification and had to be tampered with to be brought back down to the level Brady wants them. Listen guys, you can throw out all these jokes, pontifications, "facts", assumptions, whatever, but you know you'd be right where I am right now saying you'll hold off until ALL THE FACTS come out and come out from the NFL.

That's why I asked if you'd seen that press conference, because he gave you a pretty good reason in it.

He states that he takes extreme care to carefully inspect all the balls pre-game and make sure they're perfect and that they are inflated to exactly 12.5 pounds, which is precisely the pressure he likes them because having perfect balls is so critical...

...and then five minutes later says that when he's on the field, he can't tell the difference between balls that are official pressure and ones that are two pounds lighter and had no idea if the balls were the same as the ones he'd inspected or not.

You don't see why people don't believe a single thing he's saying about this?

B7_HPOlIgAAoA2t.jpg

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1svaakps said:
GoPatsSB49":1svaakps said:
Seahawk Sailor":1svaakps said:

Ok, first, let me clear the air. I'm a Brady fan. Why? Well, above my office right now is a poster of Brady, Howard, Woodson and Edwards in Michigan uniforms. I'm a Michigan alum ('98) and a HUGE Tom Brady fan (but not a Patriots fan - I will admit that). So I WANT to believe Brady.

For Brady to expect us to believe that he is very anal about how his footballs are prepared and feels, and then to say, "he didn't notice it" is just laughable. Brady is one of the smartest, most prepared football player in the NFL. Now he expects us to believe his "play dumb" defense. Umm...no. I didn't believe Lance Armostrong, I didn't believe Braun. Why? Because of common sense. And we are to believe that an opposing player who intercepted the ball noticed something was up, and not Brady, who handles the ball on every play? Ummm...no. Not buying it.

Listen, I'm an attorney so I get the "innocent until proven guilty", "need more evidence", etc., etc. But this isn't a criminal proceeding. This is sports. And in sports, if you use a little common sense and objectivity, you usually find the real answer.
Well, actually:

Colts LB D'Qwell Jackson: "The deal about me saying that I noticed anything about it (the football), that's totally false"

Natethegreat

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":2gtlifzr said:
Per league source this, per league source that. Show me proof, let me hear it from the NFL's mouth and not the same shmuck reporter who said Brady and BB were at odds in week 4, and I'll be right there with you guys. Sorry, not ready to crucify my team based on "sources" and incomplete reports
You do realize that BB himself admitted by having the press conference that this did indeed happen. Nothing about sources in that. He basically threw his QB under the bus in the process as well.
Which anyone with half a brain can plainly see Brady was lying and quite frankly has to be lying. No way he doesn't know whats going on there.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1pboqbq5 said:
GoPatsSB49":1pboqbq5 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1pboqbq5 said:

That's why I asked if you'd seen that press conference, because he gave you a pretty good reason in it.

He states that he takes extreme care to carefully inspect all the balls pre-game and make sure they're perfect and that they are inflated to exactly 12.5 pounds, which is precisely the pressure he likes them because having perfect balls is so critical...

...and then five minutes later says that when he's on the field, he can't tell the difference between balls that are official pressure and ones that are two pounds lighter and had no idea if the balls were the same as the ones he'd inspected or not.

You don't see why people don't believe a single thing he's saying about this?

B7_HPOlIgAAoA2t.jpg
Did you see the press conference? I haven't seen Brady under that much pressure since SB 42. There was some pretty bad baiting going on in there. For God's sake, the first question was "When and how did you alter the footballs?" I mean come on. That press conference was a shark tank. Not asking for sympathy from anyone, but I've never seen Brady get questioned like that in a press conference. Felt like an interrogation. I'm sure anyone putting it under a microscope can find something he tripped over. On that note, I know I'm not going to convince anyone to hold off until the NFL makes an official statement and I won't change my mind until then either, so I'll let it go. Hopefully we can resume this conversation in a more objective manner when we get there.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":285zfh2y said:
huskylawyer":285zfh2y said:
GoPatsSB49":285zfh2y said:
Seahawk Sailor":285zfh2y said:

Well, actually:

Colts LB D'Qwell Jackson: "The deal about me saying that I noticed anything about it (the football), that's totally false"

Ravens players: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/21/ravens ... -footballs

So even if Jackson didn't report it, we are to believe Brady wouldn't notice it? You really believe that the most prepared QB in the game didn't notice an under-inflated ball? Really?

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Natethegreat":52x4zhn9 said:
GoPatsSB49":52x4zhn9 said:
Per league source this, per league source that. Show me proof, let me hear it from the NFL's mouth and not the same shmuck reporter who said Brady and BB were at odds in week 4, and I'll be right there with you guys. Sorry, not ready to crucify my team based on "sources" and incomplete reports
You do realize that BB himself admitted by having the press conference that this did indeed happen. Nothing about sources in that. He basically threw his QB under the bus in the process as well.
Which anyone with half a brain can plainly see Brady was lying and quite frankly has to be lying. No way he doesn't know whats going on there.
Here's where I know you didn't watch the press conference and are just eating what ESPN is feeding you. Watch BB's presser from the beginning and you'll know it sounded nothing like him throwing Brady under the bus. Also, he's addressing the rumor of the 11 of 12 underinflated balls. Which yes, until the NFL comes out and says it, is only a rumor.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1lpiphlp said:
hawkfannj":1lpiphlp said:
GoPatsSB49":1lpiphlp said:

Com on man!!
I think I speak for a lot of the Patriots fanbase when I say that if there is proof that the Patriots tampered with footballs after they were already inspected by the officials, they deserve whatever they have coming to them. We are choosing to stand behind our team no matter what the outcome of this investigation is, but we most certainly will wait for the facts before making any judgment on them. I don't declare them innocent nor do I declare them guilty, because I, like everyone else, don't know the facts. Regardless of what Mortensen and his "league source" tell you on ESPN.CLICKBAIT.COM.
You should stand behind your team no matter what .
But you have to admit there's been a lot of smoke over there and that usually means there's fire.
Craziest thing is they don't need to do that! There a great football team. Just taints the integrity of a championship IMHO if they should win.
But then again the NFL as a whole is a frickin joke the last few years

Riley12

Reaction score
rams2050":3cnmfhzx said:
Hey, guys, I'm not normally a Seahawks' fan but I honestly, truly, and deeply hope and pray that you mop the field with those lying, cheating bastards and score 100 on them while they score zip, zilch, nada.

That Stealer fan and his well-wishes can go soak in a lake, but I will take the hopes and prayers of our division brethren any day! (Well, except from Santa Clara) Thank you!! May we make your dreams come true!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1er2bblv said:
Natethegreat":1er2bblv said:
GoPatsSB49":1er2bblv said:
Here's where I know you didn't watch the press conference and are just eating what ESPN is feeding you. Watch BB's presser from the beginning and you'll know it sounded nothing like him throwing Brady under the bus. Also, he's addressing the rumor of the 11 of 12 underinflated balls. Which yes, until the NFL comes out and says it, is only a rumor.
Good gravy you are one truly delusional fellow. Whatever I've wasted too much time already reading your silly posts.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":2ve6fov0 said:

The weather cannot scientifically be responsible for balls at 12.5 psi dropping to 10.5 psi (if 2 psi difference is to be believed). This is a simple calculation done with Guy-Lussac's law and I did it in another thread. If the balls were filled and temperature stable at 72 degrees F, it would require them to be temperature stable at -13 F to make that difference. If it was 40 degrees F, it only drops the temperature 0.7 degrees.

If Brady was lying at his press conference he is a terrible liar. You're supposed to only answer enough to make it sound legitimate, not make a ton of statements which sound conflicting.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2z3s6fmf said:
GoPatsSB49":2z3s6fmf said:

The weather cannot scientifically be responsible for balls at 12.5 psi dropping to 10.5 psi (if 2 psi difference is to be believed). This is a simple calculation done with Guy-Lussac's law and I did it in another thread. If the balls were filled and temperature stable at 72 degrees F, it would require them to be temperature stable at -13 F to make that difference. If it was 40 degrees F, it only drops the temperature 0.7 degrees.

If Brady was lying at his press conference he is a terrible liar. You're supposed to only answer enough to make it sound legitimate, not make a ton of statements which sound conflicting.
Yep. I'm right with you there brother. I'm waiting on the facts though especially concerning the real pressure level of the balls. I gotta head out, talk to you guys later

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
huskylawyer":1itrnr11 said:
Ravens players: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/21/ravens ... -footballs

So even if Jackson didn't report it, we are to believe Brady wouldn't notice it? You really believe that the most prepared QB in the game didn't notice an under-inflated ball? Really?

Of course we are to believe that. He told us explicitly that he inspects the balls and makes sure they're perfect because it's so important, and then says he has no idea if they're even the same balls once he's on the field. Seems perfectly logical to me.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
huskylawyer":pql009ip said:

It doesn't add up. I also don't think it's likely that someone with a stated preference for under-inflated footballs (Brady: "I like deflated balls.") would take the chance that the officials would discover the under-inflation and compensate by over-inflating the balls before the game. More likely, such a person would get the team's equipment staff to deflate the balls after inspection, while they are in the team's hands.

This same thing happened at USC in 2012. Like Tom Brady, Matt Barkley had a stated preference for an under-inflated football with a certain kind of grip. After the balls were inspected during a game, a member of USC's equipment staff was caught deflating the balls. The student manager ended up taking the fall for Barkley and Lane Kiffin. USC was later fined by the Pac-12.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
rams2050":1uvuvcq2 said:
Hey, guys, I'm not normally a Seahawks' fan but I honestly, truly, and deeply hope and pray that you mop the field with those lying, cheating bastards and score 100 on them while they score zip, zilch, nada.

Good luck! You're gonna need it because those freakin' Cheats are gonna cheat as much as possible . . . just like they've been cheating all along.

Take it from a Rams' fan: losing a SB due to cheating -- or under-the-table tactics -- whether acknowledged by the league or not, is one way to destroy a dynasty-in-the-making as the Seahawks now seem to be.

I wouldn't wish what happened to the Rams back in SB 36 on anyone, even our second-worst enemy in the NFC West. (I might wish it, however, on the Whiners. . . and I DO wish it on the Cheats).

So, good luck come Super Bowl Sunday. I hope your guys sack Pretty-Boy "I can't tell when a football is properly inflated" Brady at least 15 times. :0190l:

thanks...yes you Rams fans already got screwed over once by Bellicheat and his band of merry cheaters...asterisk beside that super bowl imo but its treated like no scandal ever happened....