Tom Brady PC

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
I have it on good authority that its only being reported as 11 of 12 because ball #12 ended up getting thrown into the stands during the game.

I thought this thing would be a flash in the pan and go away but I underestimated the media I guess - its now Thursday and only picking up steam.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It isn't going away because EVERYONE (with a brain) knows at least one of them is totally lying.

Lying to the press is unforgivable. Giambi told the truth. Forgiven. Bonds lied. Will never be forgiven.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawknation2015":g5iw42ii said:
Brady's complete presser: http://www.patriots.com/media-center/vi ... 249359cbbc

Deflategate Part II: Lie Gate

"I have a very precise pre-game ritual where I carefully inspect the balls and choose the very best ones I want to play with. I like them at exactly 12.5 pounds of pressure, and I take extreme care to make sure they're completely perfect before the game."

"When I'm out there on the field, the last thing I'm thinking about is the balls. I have no idea if they're the same or not and couldn't tell the difference between the ones that were inflated properly and the ones that weren't."

Well, Tom, I gotta ask you then, why go to all that trouble to make sure they're perfect balls that are inflated to exactly 12.5 pounds of pressure when you say you can't even tell the difference anyway? Do you see why nobody believes a thing you're saying here?

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
I hope you guys are his adamant when the investigation turns out empty and that there is no proof the Patriots went and deflated the football after the referees inspected them. Even if Brady asks the ball boys to deflate it to 10.0 PSI so what? If the referees inspect it and its too low, they'll inflate it (or they should) to a legal level. It's what happened AFTER the balls were inspected that concerns me the most. If the referees 100% guarantee the balls were in legal range and they somehow managed to drop beyond a reasonable amount due to the weather, then I'll be skeptical. Right now it's just a bunch of hearsay and washed up, angry players (and fans from a team that lost a Super Bowl 13 years ago but still can't get over it) looking for any excuse they can to discredit the Patriots

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":37z92sxm said:
I hope you guys are his adamant when the investigation turns out empty and that there is no proof the Patriots went and deflated the football after the referees inspected them. Even if Brady asks the ball boys to deflate it to 10.0 PSI so what? If the referees inspect it and its too low, they'll inflate it (or they should) to a legal level. It's what happened AFTER the balls were inspected that concerns me the most. If the referees 100% guarantee the balls were in legal range and they somehow managed to drop beyond a reasonable amount due to the weather, then I'll be skeptical. Right now it's just a bunch of hearsay and washed up, angry players (and fans from a team that lost a Super Bowl 13 years ago but still can't get over it) looking for any excuse they can to discredit the Patriots

Lolwut?

It has already been confirmed. That's why your coach and QB are working to throw people under the bus like it's the apocalypse and their fall guys are zombies. It's really delightful that Belicheck chose Brady as his scapegoat, too.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":3auimkyf said:

And I thought I was the lawyer....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
GoPatsSB49/Baghdad Bob":1egiqqx9 said:

07-minister.jpg

Denial is the first stage of grief. Work yourself through it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":nujankgg said:

Not according to the most recent reports:
First, per a league source, the NFL has reviewed the entire process and determined that the balls were properly checked by the officials before the game. Which means that, when the balls left the possession of the referee, the pressure was at least 12.5 PSI and no more than 13.5 PSI.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... iots-game/

Even if you are correct and this report is false, intentionally inflating/deflating the balls to 10 psi pre-inspection is still cheating . . . it just also involves the incompetence of the officials, which is very much like rushing to the line of scrimmage after declaring a receiver ineligible. The rules say the offense cannot rush to the line of scrimmage to snap the ball quickly before allowing adequate time for the defense to make its own substitutions. The referee is supposed to stand over the football until the defense has had adequate time to adjust to the substitution. The referee is also supposed to alert the defense as to whom has been declared eligible. And if the offense does snap the ball before the defense has had adequate time, the referee is supposed to warn the offense that they will be penalized if they try it again. If the latest reports are false, and instead of deflating the footballs post-inspection, they went into the inspection knowing the balls were below specification, that would still be unethical. The fact that Aaron Rodgers may have done this before does not make it any less wrong.

DohBoy

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1olqh4dw said:

What in the heck are you babbling about?

If you want to be pissed, be pissed that your organization does this tick-tacky crap for no real good reason. You have a good team, there's no reason to tape other team's practices or to tamper with game balls or pull other amateur crap.

Fix yourselves, the truth will follow...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
But the NFL has yet to even question Brady about this...they are too preoccupied with reviewing game tapes to ferret out all Hawks who adjusted their cups in public.

And Brunell had a very good point about the Pats "investigation" being unable to find the culprit. He pointed out that there really aren't but a few people who have actual access to those game balls. It's very doubtful that it occurred by accident since they were all inflated the same.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Per league source this, per league source that. Show me proof, let me hear it from the NFL's mouth and not the same shmuck reporter who said Brady and BB were at odds in week 4, and I'll be right there with you guys. Sorry, not ready to crucify my team based on "sources" and incomplete reports

huskylawyer

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":nci8h7u8 said:
Per league source this, per league source that. Show me proof, let me hear it from the NFL's mouth and not the same shmuck reporter who said Brady and BB were at odds in week 4, and I'll be right there with you guys. Sorry, not ready to crucify my team based on "sources" and incomplete reports

Lance Armstrong is a Pats fan and posting on Seahawks.net. Awesome.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1u21x4sj said:
Did you watch Tom Brady's press conference and believe him? Because nobody else believed him. Nobody. Not even the guys who fall for it when they're told "gullible" isn't in the dictionary.
He's never given me reason not to believe him. But even IF he wants the balls deflated less than 12.5, and even IF the ball boys oblige, I want to know if the referees can guarantee they checked the balls the real way (with a gauge) and not some feel test, and THEN I want proof that it was brought back up to a legal specification and had to be tampered with to be brought back down to the level Brady wants them. Listen guys, you can throw out all these jokes, pontifications, "facts", assumptions, whatever, but you know you'd be right where I am right now saying you'll hold off until ALL THE FACTS come out and come out from the NFL.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":oyhvov3k said:
Even if Brady asks the ball boys to deflate it to 10.0 PSI so what?

Tom Brady should be a man and fess up if this is what he likes to do. Aaron Rodgers has already admitted that he likes to inflate balls to above specification and gets annoyed when the officials deflate his balls during inspection.

Is Brady a man or a mouse?

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
huskylawyer":3bu2w9er said:
GoPatsSB49":3bu2w9er said:

Lance Armstrong is a Pats fan and posting on Seahawks.net. Awesome.
So then you have proof the Patriots tampered with the footballs after they were already approved? I heard an NFL investigation team might be hiring. :th2thumbs: