Tom Brady PC

Alexander

Reaction score
BillBelichick":a6prdajm said:
Seanhawk":a6prdajm said:
BillBelichick":a6prdajm said:
I respect your team, I respect the players, I respect the fans. But...

Come on, Seahawks fans...is this really how you want us to remember our 6th Super Bowl opponent? Just another team that got strung along by the media's anti-Patriots hype, not wanting to focus on the game?

Listen to your team..no matter what the outcome of the investigation, this entire situation is blown way, way out of proportion, and a lot of ill-informed people are taking rumors and getting carried away.

Soon enough the conversation will shift from "witchhunt with no facts" mode to "nothing came of it, but they still suck" mode.

Then again, maybe we should just let you guys stay preoccupied with this, and let Bill and Tom go back and focus on the game. :p

No official word has come out about anything, and the "facts" are changing by the minute.

Everything in this thread is either a rumor or an ill-informed opinion.

I know I'm in the "enemies" camp, but we've got to keep things in perspective here.

Still, gonna be a great game between two great teams, I'm really looking forward to it.

Just because people on here are preoccupied with it, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE SPORTS WORLD, doesn't mean the actual team has given it one thought. My comments, your comments, or any comments on this forum will have zero effect on either team's preparation or the outcome of the game.

I guess I was secretly hoping that two teams, united in excellence, would be able to focus on the game.

It does seem like your actual TEAM is letting themselves be dragged down.

I was hoping the "Voice of the 12th Man" forums would be a little less concerned with the rumors, though.

I can assure you that my actual TEAM doesn't give two craps about the whole issue. And it's not our fault that someone in the Pats organization decided to break the rules. Maybe it was just some two-bit ball-boy going rogue, but it's sure as hell not our fault that this thing has blown up.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
BillBelichick":1s9t7owc said:
No facts have been released. Nothing from the NFL. Nothing from the "investigation."

I guess you missed this letter from the NFL that was given to the Boston Globe.

According to a National Football League letter about the investigation into the controversy that was shared with the Globe, the Patriots were informed that the league’s initial findings indicated that the game balls did not meet specifications. The league inspected each of the Patriots’ 12 game balls twice at halftime, using different pressure gauges, and found footballs that were not properly inflated.

According to ESPN, 11 of the 12 game balls were found to be underinflated by about 2 pounds each. The NFL specifications say they must be inflated to 12½ to 13½ pounds.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/ ... story.html

When you can't win . . . deny, deny, deny.
B7_FWUGIIAE8o-4.jpg

BillBelichick

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1bz99k9r said:
BillBelichick":1bz99k9r said:
No facts have been released. Nothing from the NFL. Nothing from the "investigation."

According to a National Football League letter about the investigation into the controversy that was shared with the Globe, the Patriots were informed that the league’s initial findings indicated that the game balls did not meet specifications. The league inspected each of the Patriots’ 12 game balls twice at halftime, using different pressure gauges, and found footballs that were not properly inflated.

According to ESPN, 11 of the 12 game balls were found to be underinflated by about 2 pounds each. The NFL specifications say they must be inflated to 12½ to 13½ pounds.

B7_FWUGIIAE8o-4.jpg

I mean no disrespect but I'm beginning to really doubt whether some of you understand how facts work.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1qw93uor said:
huskylawyer":1qw93uor said:
GoPatsSB49":1qw93uor said:
Per league source this, per league source that. Show me proof, let me hear it from the NFL's mouth and not the same shmuck reporter who said Brady and BB were at odds in week 4, and I'll be right there with you guys. Sorry, not ready to crucify my team based on "sources" and incomplete reports

Lance Armstrong is a Pats fan and posting on Seahawks.net. Awesome.
So then you have proof the Patriots tampered with the footballs after they were already approved? I heard an NFL investigation team might be hiring. :th2thumbs:
I got a feeling you could see video footage with Tawmy Brady personally deflating footballs with multiple camera angles, and then on camera he admits doing that very thing, you still wouldn't believe it.

Alexander

Reaction score
BillBelichick":e4tv505r said:
hawknation2015":e4tv505r said:
BillBelichick":e4tv505r said:

B7_FWUGIIAE8o-4.jpg

I mean no disrespect but I'm beginning to really doubt whether some of you understand how facts work.

Out of genuine curiosity, what facts do you believe have been established, if any?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
BillBelichick":2fs4c086 said:
hawknation2015":2fs4c086 said:
BillBelichick":2fs4c086 said:

B7_FWUGIIAE8o-4.jpg

I see what your problem is now. Facts don't "work," they just are . . . it's a FACT that the league released a letter stating that they "inspected each of the Patriots’ 12 game balls twice at halftime, using different pressure gauges, and found footballs that were not properly inflated."

The NFL's letter stated that "the game balls did not meet specifications," ipso facto the Patriots were in violation of league policy. That is unless they can find a reasonable explanation as to why their game balls were not properly inflated.

Therefore, your statement ("No facts have been released. Nothing from the NFL. Nothing from the 'investigation.'") is provably false. These facts have been released by the NFL.

Other facts, such as that the balls were properly measured by the officials before the game, have not yet been verified by the NFL, only by media sources citing NFL officials.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I find it mind blowing that this pats fan is in this much denial... astounding really..... we have actual facts such as 11/12 balls did not meet regulations..... then we have Brady preaching about how his balls have to be perfect in ever way possible, then contradicting that by saying " I cant not tell a difference in the ball when I am in the heat of the game" seriously, does being famous and rich really make you that retarded? why would anyone go to all that trouble and inspection if they felt it made zero difference?

DohBoy

Reaction score
From the Boston Herald:

Before this began, down in Dallas, Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman pondered the question from the perspective of someone well-versed in how a quarterback handles footballs before a game. His educated conclusion was starkly blunt.

“I can’t imagine anyone doing anything to the footballs without the quarterback having knowledge of it,” Aikman said. “I know, based on my experience, how much effort went into trying to get the balls game-ready. ... There is no way anyone would have done anything with the game balls without discussing it with me first.

“I can’t imagine that Tom Brady did not know that air had been taken out of the balls, and my guess is that it was his request. It was the way he preferred to throw them, and that’s why it was done.”

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
vonstout":ed0dzl86 said:
KiwiHawk":ed0dzl86 said:
50yrpatsfan":ed0dzl86 said:
So a 30 degree fareinheit change in temp equals 277 degrees kelvin.
Um, no.

A temperature of 30 degrees Farenheit may be 277 Kelvin, but keep in mind that the two temperature scales start at different places. The actual relationship between F and K is 1 F= 5/9 K. A change of 30 degrees Farenheit is therefore only a change of 16.67 degrees Kelvin, not 277.

Sorry. Your conversion is part of the equation for F to Celcius. kelvin: http://www.metric-conversions.org/tempe ... kelvin.htm

If you are talking about a given temperature that's correct. However we're discussing a change of a number of degrees which means we're talking about the relationship between the units.

Farenheit × 5 ÷ 9 = Kelvin = Celsius

Trust me you would not want to handle a football that was 277 Kelvin above normal. For reference the boiling point of water is 32 F + 100 K.

morgulon1

Reaction score
rams2050":1526jow8 said:
Hey, guys, I'm not normally a Seahawks' fan but I honestly, truly, and deeply hope and pray that you mop the field with those lying, cheating bastards and score 100 on them while they score zip, zilch, nada.

Good luck! You're gonna need it because those freakin' Cheats are gonna cheat as much as possible . . . just like they've been cheating all along.

Take it from a Rams' fan: losing a SB due to cheating -- or under-the-table tactics -- whether acknowledged by the league or not, is one way to destroy a dynasty-in-the-making as the Seahawks now seem to be.

I wouldn't wish what happened to the Rams back in SB 36 on anyone, even our second-worst enemy in the NFC West. (I might wish it, however, on the Whiners. . . and I DO wish it on the Cheats).

So, good luck come Super Bowl Sunday. I hope your guys sack Pretty-Boy "I can't tell when a football is properly inflated" Brady at least 15 times. :0190l:

Thank you , I'm sure our Hawks will do their best.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Effing ISIS.

No one brings up an Nth degree baddie after an accusation unless they're trying to mitigate culpability or potential judgment.

If you were 100% innocent of hurting someone, you wouldn't tell the attendant policeman, "Look - I'm not HITLER, or anything. That dude murdered millions of people."

Narniaman

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":19mzpfcb said:
vonstout":19mzpfcb said:
KiwiHawk":19mzpfcb said:
50yrpatsfan":19mzpfcb said:
So a 30 degree fareinheit change in temp equals 277 degrees kelvin.
Um, no.

A temperature of 30 degrees Farenheit may be 277 Kelvin, but keep in mind that the two temperature scales start at different places. The actual relationship between F and K is 1 F= 5/9 K. A change of 30 degrees Farenheit is therefore only a change of 16.67 degrees Kelvin, not 277.

Sorry. Your conversion is part of the equation for F to Celcius. kelvin: http://www.metric-conversions.org/tempe ... kelvin.htm

If you are talking about a given temperature that's correct. However we're discussing a change of a number of degrees which means we're talking about the relationship between the units.

Farenheit × 5 ÷ 9 = Kelvin = Celsius

Trust me you would not want to handle a football that was 277 Kelvin above normal. For reference the boiling point of water is 32 F + 100 K.

=========================================

Most every discussion of the loss of pressure is based upon the pV = nRT equation. . . .which relates pressure to temperature.

The problem is. . . . is that this equation is for a rigid container, which a football isn't. And since it's not a rigid container, but an elastic one with non-linear characteristics, the pV = nRT equation doesn't hold. Among other things, the ambient air pressure has to be taken into consideration.

There are just too many unknowns. The only way to know for sure. . .would be to take 12 footballs and replicate the conditions.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Narniaman":3ia2sv13 said:
Most every discussion of the loss of pressure is based upon the pV = nRT equation. . . .which relates pressure to temperature.

The problem is. . . . is that this equation is for a rigid container, which a football isn't. And since it's not a rigid container, but an elastic one with non-linear characteristics, the pV = nRT equation doesn't hold. Among other things, the ambient air pressure has to be taken into consideration.

There are just too many unknowns. The only way to know for sure. . .would be to take 12 footballs and replicate the conditions.
I guarantee that in such an experiment there would not be one football that remained while the other 11 deflated.

Physics tends to happen consistently to all things under similar conditions.

Latest posts