Reaction score

No official injury updates but "KW questionable, Lucas practiced well"

Is Riq ok? "Yes"

"We needed to bounce back and we did. We've had a great 3 days"
[wtf is this supposed to mean?]

Over the top praise for KMac.
[but will he get snaps?]

Cross' turf toe still hanging around.

Asked about Eskridge: positive but mumbling and stumbling the whole time.

Geno has been full go in practice this week, not running practice last week hurt him against the 49ers

Asked about Frank Clark, then about Phil Haynes. Demurred on both.

Couldn't hear the question but must have been about general coaching. PC replied with "consistency of message" and spent a long time talking about putting past games behind, not thinking about it, focusing on the upcoming game, etc.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Meh, if Seattle doesn't sneak a win in the next 3 and all 3 are bad losses its going to be a nightmare in here lol and I'm not saying it isn't deserved.

Jville

Reaction score
Phil Haynes ..... he has had a toe that has been bothering him for some time.

Dee Eskridge ..... dramatic kick return .... committed to the kicking game ..... he's going to be a big factor for us moving ahead.

Geno ....... being able to practice this week with a normal practice week has made all the difference. Night and day difference. Full go.

Kelvin Joseph ........ added to practice squad ...... really fast and has stood out on special teams. (possible replacement @ gunner?)

Abe Lucas ....... had a good week ...... everything is on schedule for his return to the field ..... counting on him.

Kenny MciItosh ...... needed more time to see how precise he was with his runs. They have elevated their opinion of his sense for the running game. Really obvious this week. he's ready to go.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

No official injury updates but "KW questionable, Lucas practiced well"

Is Riq ok? "Yes"

"We needed to bounce back and we did. We've had a great 3 days"
[wtf is this supposed to mean?]

Over the top praise for KMac.
[but will he get snaps?]

Cross' turf toe still hanging around.

Asked about Eskridge: positive but mumbling and stumbling the whole time.

Geno has been full go in practice this week, not running practice last week hurt him against the 49ers

Asked about Frank Clark, then about Phil Haynes. Demurred on both.

Couldn't hear the question but must have been about general coaching. PC replied with "consistency of message" and spent a long time talking about putting past games behind, not thinking about it, focusing on the upcoming game, etc.

nice summary!

cymatica

Reaction score
Kenny MciItosh ...... needed more time to see how precise he was with his runs. They have elevated their opinion of his sense for the running game. Really obvious this week. he's ready to go.

That's a load of crap. They could have at least ran a couple plays with him last week when he was ready to go.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That's a load of crap. They could have at least ran a couple plays with him last week when he was ready to go.
He's a rookie taken at the asscrack of the seventh round who happens to be a severe agility/speed (negative) outlier at RB. He wasn't especially productive at Georgia and he has been injured for the majority of his rookie year, preventing him from getting assimilated as quickly.

Is it really thaaaat outlandish that he wouldn't be getting snaps out of the gate?

I'm hopeful that he'll be a valuable addition given his Swiss army knife potential, but I feel like we're not fully considering that he really doesn't have a background that warrants automatic instant snaps in regular season action

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He's a rookie taken at the asscrack of the seventh round who happens to be a severe agility/speed (negative) outlier at RB. He wasn't especially productive at Georgia and he has been injured for the majority of his rookie year, preventing him from getting assimilated as quickly.

Is it really thaaaat outlandish that he wouldn't be getting snaps out of the gate?

I'm hopeful that he'll be a valuable addition given his Swiss army knife potential, but I feel like we're not fully considering that he really doesn't have a background that warrants automatic instant snaps in regular season action
All in all, that's a fairly positive assessment. lol

Jville

Reaction score

Apparently the team decision makers thought otherwise. Kenny McIntosh has yet to play his first regular season snap.

Perhaps the decision makers are building up fan anticipation for tomorrow's game.

Last edited:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Apparently the team decision makers thought otherwise. Kenny McIntosh has yet to play his first regular season snap.

Perhaps the decision makers are building up fan anticipation for tomorrow's game.
That's why you draft a guy, to sit him for a few years until he can prove himself right before it's time to get paid or jump ship!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a pile on Pete post, I actually love the dude overall and for what he's done for us but, man...His coy and dismissive answers in response to legit questions about player's status is so boorish. Yes, yes, I get he doesn't want to show his hand, blah blah but bleck. Just be straight up, say something like "You know, I can't answer that..." Not these cheesy grins and eye-rolling behaviorisms that make the media feel like shmucks for asking an honest question.

I won't miss that.

xray

Reaction score
PC is proof that optimism can be a destructive coverup .

WarHawks

Reaction score
I try not to watch his pressers, because his words haven't been indicative of results on the field for many years now.

LTH

Reaction score
Not a pile on Pete post, I actually love the dude overall and for what he's done for us but, man...His coy and dismissive answers in response to legit questions about player's status is so boorish. Yes, yes, I get he doesn't want to show his hand, blah blah but bleck. Just be straight up, say something like "You know, I can't answer that..." Not these cheesy grins and eye-rolling behaviorisms that make the media feel like shmucks for asking an honest question.

I won't miss that.
I agree... not one of my favorite Carroll attributes. But to be fair he said at the very beginning he wasn't going to answer those questions because he didn't have to... what were the first 5 questions? Lol..... ok! I'm sure there is frustration on Carroll's part as well...

LTH

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somehow this is worse than toxic negativity?

Shakes head knowing the narratives from some never change no matter what happens.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Somehow this is worse than toxic negativity?

Shakes head knowing the narratives from some never change no matter what happens.
The press corp in Seattle is LOoooong on softballs, and very short on direct and pointed questions. Like a knitting circle, where they throw yarn. In Philly or NY they thrown needles.