Time to Lock and Load!!

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen in pre-game warmups, Geno is not playing today…

RiverDog

Reaction score

Geno Smith inactive for Seahawks against 49ers​

Drew Lock is set to make his first start for the Seahawks since being acquired as part of the trade that sent Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Gonna run the ball 200 times today but Santa Clara is not easy to run against. Ugh.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
With who?
At this point it doesn’t matter if it’s the water boy.

My point is PC will try to limit mistakes by keeping it on the ground. Like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole over and over.

GemCity

Reaction score
If PCJS were going to dump Geno, this is a good thing. Need to see if Lock could be a bridge or if they need a cheap veteran. Then again, they probably won't draft a 1st round QB so it would be a bridge to nowhere.

If PCJS aren't dumping Geno?
Just eeeeew.
I can save you some time bro!
Hopefully this will make it crystal clear that they need to stop screwing around with the most important position on the team, stop treating it as an afterthought, and draft a legit qbotf. Sigh..
Boom. 💯

GemCity

Reaction score
Ready for the “Lock is still good..we played the best team in the league” excuses.

Chapow

Reaction score
So you'd rather have a lesser blowout. Gotcha

I'd rather see a good, entertaining, competitive football game. You know, like the one we just saw, vs the Cowboys. I think that was possible with Geno. Unlikely, but possible. I very much doubt that's possible with Lock.

GemCity

Reaction score
At this point it doesn’t matter if it’s the water boy.

My point is PC will try to limit mistakes by keeping it on the ground. Like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole over and over.
Dallas WC game a few years back.

Over a dozen runs up the middle straight into a stacked box (8-9) against what was arguably the best run defense in the league.

Good post and spot on.

SeaChase

Reaction score
I'd rather see a good, entertaining, competitive football game. You know, like the one we just saw, vs the Cowboys. I think that was possible with Geno. Unlikely, but possible. I very much doubt that's possible with Lock.
Geno was like 1-12 on 3rd downs against the 9rs 2 weeks ago. Not all that competitive

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
The biggest knock against Drew is he throws interceptions.

Of course, Geno throws interceptions AND fumbles.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The biggest knock against Drew is he throws interceptions.

Of course, Geno throws interceptions AND fumbles.
Drew Lock's career INT% is 2.9%. Geno's this year is 2.2%. 1.9% last year.

Drew is also not immune fumbling. In 2020, he matched Geno's 8 fumbles from 2022... in only 13 games.

This year, Geno has only fumbled 3 times, which is a well above-average stat for a starting QB. The average mark for a QB is about .60 fumbles per game started (data from 1997-2021).

I'm hoping Lock shows up. Truly. I'd be particularly excited if we go heavy 13 personnel and get very Wing T type stuff going with Lock on the field. But this is an unfair comment.