Time to Lock and Load!!

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
The man throws for 334 Yards and 3 TDs against a good defense on the road and people are hoping he sits in exchange for his backup. Good Gravy.
It was Jerry's kids. At this point might as well see what the youngsters can do. Evaluate whats needed for next season. Sick of this remodel trying to make the old stuff still work to save a buck. Just pull the trigger and do a full rebuild, coach, GM, QB, start there.

xray

Reaction score
Smith is a good backup QB...period . Smith had his shot , did well last year and got paid ; but he's shown it's time to move on to plan B...Lock . Let Lock finish out the last 5 games ; which would give him a fair chance to prove that he is not just a backup QB . If he can't , than the Hawks have " 2 " backup QBs ; and need to somehow find a true starter QB for the future . That must be a priority . If not ; then we will be talking the same shit this time next season . imo

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Smith is a good backup QB...period . Smith had his shot , did well last year and got paid ; but he's shown it's time to move on to plan B...Lock . Let Lock finish out the last 5 games ; which would give him a fair chance to prove that he is not just a backup QB . If he can't , than the Hawks have " 2 " backup QBs ; and need to somehow find a true starter QB for the future . That must be a priority . If not ; then we will be talking the same shit this time next season . imo
Oh BS, if you put Geno on the Cowboys, he'd be lighting it up near as well as Dak. We lose in the trenches and it exacerbates any weaknesses Geno has.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
The Seahawks offensive line has been "plagued" by injuries all season. Abraham Lucas was put on injured reserve right away and with other injuries to Cross, Haynes, Lewis and others, there has been a different group of starters every week. They even cut Curhan after he started a couple of games...is our OL talent really there? Can they block for both the passing and running game?

That is why Geno is having a hard time. Maybe he is "uncomfortable" not being able to relax in the pocket, while knowing that he could get hit or hurt at any second.

The Seahawks also want to play a "hard hitting" running game, but unfortunately the running backs end up paying the price. Careers ended for Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, Thomas Rawls with plenty of other injuries along the way. Another poster here referred to "using the Running Backs as Battering Rams".

(edit) Marshawn really "delivered the fight" to the running game in a way that only a few humans could. We keep looking for him...but, both K9 and Charbonnet have that fighting spirit...

If we had a consistent OL group to depend on, nobody would be complaining about Geno and we would be rushing for 100+ yards every game.

Last edited:

LTH

Reaction score
Going from the fryingpan to the fire is a change. I guess it could be interesting to watch something just entirely go up in flames as opposed to being slightly charred. But is it a good thing?
I mean I like Lock but it just feels like him not playing is going to prohibit a good performance.. maybe I'm wrong but I don't think I am. If he was coming off preseason with some reps under his belt that's one thing... I guess we will see if he gets that op.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The man throws for 334 Yards and 3 TDs against a good defense on the road and people are hoping he sits in exchange for his backup. Good Gravy.
We need a tangible object to direct our fleeting discontent - I used Geno for awhile - now I’m on to coaching - as in choosing to not watch anymore until something changes consistently.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Speaking of clever "play on words" related to Lock, let's hope the headlines don't read

"Seattle gets Lock picked a record 9 times"
This alternative headline would be better...
"Lock beats 49ers purdy good"
Just sayin....
Go Hawks

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Speaking of clever "play on words" related to Lock, let's hope the headlines don't read

"Seattle gets Lock picked a record 9 times"
This alternative headline...
"Lock beats 49ers Purdy Good"
Just sayin...
Go Hawks

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Latest report is Geno wants to play. If he is at all limited not the best plan imo. Unless there certain bonus incentives for playing all games???

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Latest report is Geno wants to play. If he is at all limited not the best plan imo. Unless there certain bonus incentives for playing all games???
And it was Ian Rappaport stating Geno wants to play as the source

WmHBonney

Reaction score
All players want to play. I wouldn't expect anything less. This is where Pete has to step in and do what is best for the TEAM. It is his job to make the tough decisions.

flv2

Reaction score
In Denver Lock looked terrible when under pressure. If he plays against the 49ers I hope he has improved in this regard.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Today is the perfect time to give Lock a start and see what he has. The Niners are arguably the best team in the league and still pushing hard to catch the Eagles for the #1 seed and a first round bye. They'll bring their A game today. Likewise, the Hawks still have a reasonable, 1 in 4 chance to make the playoffs. It's a very meaningful game for both teams. If we win or at least stay competitive and Lock plays well, then we may have something.

But we don't want to wait until the last week or two of the season before we give him his shot. Our last game of the season is against the Cards, and if we're out of the playoff hunt, it won't be any better than a glorified preseason game against one of the worst teams in the league, hardly a good game by which to measure him.

Last edited:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Today is the worst time to put in Lock, assuming Geno can play.
Seahawks and Rams are both 6-6, and Stafford is playing well against the Ravens.
It would be throwing hands up, signaling "we surrender", and giving up on the season.