Lock and Re-load?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Schefter reporting that there is a good chance Lock starts tomorrow...must be a groin pull of the likes no one has seen before. Was really hoping Geno was gonna be back for this one.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Lock can perform as well as Geno, plus he has was more explosive mobility even with Geno healthy. If Geno is in any way limited, I'm hoping Lock starts.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well if anything the added reps and prep should be better for Lock to come out and play. I didnt think he played poorly but I still think a healthy Geno gives them a better chance to win.

renofox

Reaction score
Ive seen enough of Geno for the year. The games to me just weren't entertaining to watch. Ride it out with Lock. Sink or swim.
I could get behind this. Especially if they start giving him all the 1st team reps so he can build some rapport with his receivers.

At least he got a day last week and some reps this week.

How about ALL next week.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well if Lock starts because of a coaches decision the rest of the way..what is the cap hit for Geno's release?

renofox

Reaction score
I hope the Seahawks and/or Smith aren't shutting down the season for contract reasons.
I hope they ARE. If Geno gets "injured" his 2024 salary is basically guaranteed.

Well if Lock starts because of a coaches decision the rest of the way..what is the cap hit for Geno's release?
$17.4 dead money which is irrelevant because that is money he has already been paid and will be a cap hit whether he is cut or not.

$12.7 salary and $9.6 roster bonus that becomes guaranteed 5 days after the SB. Total $22.3 cap savings if he is cut before then.

He needs to be uninjured and released.

Bench him now.

edit; math error

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score
Geno has to surpass these stats from last year to receive those bonuses:

passing yards (4,282) - currently 2,918
touchdown passes (30) - currently 15
completion rate (69.755%) - currently 64.4%
passer rating (100.874) - currently 89.1

Doesn't look like he'll hit any of them at this point.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Geno has to surpass these stats from last year to receive those bonuses:

passing yards (4,282) - currently 2,918
touchdown passes (30) - currently 15
completion rate (69.755%) - currently 64.4%
passer rating (100.874) - currently 89.1

Doesn't look like he'll hit any of them at this point.
Interesting...yep not much point of forcing him in there. So if Lock pulls out a win he likely starts the rest of the way perhaps.

flv2

Reaction score
Isn't his contract bonus structured? Or a lot of it?
@renofox is saying the same thing. The Seahawks have to make a decision about Smith for 2024 in the February waiver period. If he isn't medically healthy enough to be released his 2024 contract effectively becomes guaranteed. (Basically a re-run of the 2023 Jamal Adams contract situation). Smith not being available could be a sign that the Seahawks are planning to release him and that neither side wants to create any negative PR. I hope this isn't the case but i'd understand it if it was. It's the downside to these short-term conditional NFL contracts.

renofox

Reaction score
Isn't his contract bonus structured? Or a lot of it?
I think you're talking about the escalators? $2.0 each for total yards, TDs, compl %, QBPR, and playing 80% of snaps plus getting 10 wins. If he hits all 5 he gets an extra $5.0. Potential salary escalation of $15.0 each for 2024 and 2025. No effect on 2023, but cap savings, if released, would increase commensurate with any escalators earned.

He has a small chance to hit the 80%/10wins if he keeps playing, but it’s nearly impossible for him to hit any of the others.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I thought Geno was playing for some reason. If Lock starts, I need to change my prediction. I don't think he can lead the team to a victory over Philly. Could be wrong though. Hope I am.

renofox

Reaction score
I thought Geno was playing for some reason. If Lock starts, I need to change my prediction. I don't think he can lead the team to a victory over Philly. Could be wrong though. Hope I am.
Just like last week, PC says "He's day to day". I heard Geno and Lock have split 1st team reps every day this week.

Who knows?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Just like last week, PC says "He's day to day". I heard Geno and Lock have split 1st team reps every day this week.

Who knows?

Well now I read Hurts might not play. This game is all over the place.

Latest posts