Lock and Re-load?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And the Defense still gets a pass for shitting the bed in those losses just like they did last year???
Convince me that I'm wrong for pointing out SEVERAL of the OTHER REASONS for >TEAM< FAILURES.

By giving Pete Carroll a pass, you are also giving the defense a pass.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Josh Allen had 94 passing yards and the Bills ran all over them scoring 31 points. Their defense isn't vaunted.

Btw, no one is arguing Geno is the main problem. He's a backup QB being used as a starter. The main problem is the interior oline and play calling
And a Defense that isn't stopping, or even SLOWING the opponent's Offensive attackS and getting the ball back into Geno Smith or Drew Lock's hands to have even a remote SHOT at putting up competitive scores.
This is the WHY our Quarterbacks are taking unnecessary risks with the ball, they are TRYING to make up for our FLOUNDERING Defense.
Run Game? what Run Game?
Without ANY kind of continuity, It's painfully OBVIOUS that the OL has had problems Run & Pass Blocking, and SOME of y'all wonder why Geno, Drew AND the RB's are having problems moving the ball, sheesh.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Josh Allen had 94 passing yards and the Bills ran all over them scoring 31 points. Their defense isn't vaunted.

Btw, no one is arguing Geno is the main problem. He's a backup QB being used as a starter. The main problem is the interior oline and play calling
Can't Run the Ball with any kind of consistency "The main problem is the interior O-Line and play calling".....I suppose we can pin the blame on Geno for the poor play by the Defense AND this^^^^ too?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
By giving Pete Carroll a pass, you are also giving the defense a pass.
Yeah, the simple fix is for YOU (or Fade) to come up with someone that is SURE-FIRE BETTER that PC and that can get the players to be much more assignment Sound, eh?
Otherwise, we are still beating on that same old "Dead Horse"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Are you happy with Pete as a coach? Honest question, and I'm not trying to start some argument.
I see more of the problem being with the Sub Coaching, and yes, it was Pete who put them in place, so YES, it is ultimately comes down on him, but having players quit on their assignments also puts undue blame on PC & his sub-Coaches.
I am also mindful of Pete's successes in the past, and we as Fans owe him some gratitude for not only bringing the Lombardi to Seattle, but having MORE winning seasons than any other HC in Seahawks History, so FOR ME? > Yes, I'm willing to stick it out with the guy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We don't owe him anything. Most of us appreciate what he did in the past. But it has been several years since they did anything more than one and done in the playoffs. Fans have a right to want a lot more. Living in the past doesn't change that. It's way past time to move on from Pete.
It might be good enough for you to just back in to the playoffs and lose, it's not good enough for me. I love making the playoffs, it's exciting etc. But just getting there isn't what this team should be doing.
You can still appreciate a guy and want changes at the same time. This team has little to no discipline. That's a direct reflection of the head coach.
This team needs a LOT of changes. Not just at head coach. But that's where it needs to start.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We don't owe him anything. Most of us appreciate what he did in the past. But it has been several years since they did anything more than one and done in the playoffs. Fans have a right to want a lot more. Living in the past doesn't change that. It's way past time to move on from Pete.
It might be good enough for you to just back in to the playoffs and lose, it's not good enough for me. I love making the playoffs, it's exciting etc. But just getting there isn't what this team should be doing.
You can still appreciate a guy and want changes at the same time. This team has little to no discipline. That's a direct reflection of the head coach.
This team needs a LOT of changes. Not just at head coach. But that's where it needs to start.
Well, YOU asked me if I was happy with Pete as a coach.
You don't feel any loyalty or have any gratitude for what he's done or PROVEN that he can still find a way to win, I get it, I just don't agree with your negative assessment of the guy.
There is no such thing as an ABSOLUTE Surefire Thing in Head Coaching> see Bill Belichick.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If that's how you want to read it, fine. I have plenty of gratitude for what Pete has done. I'm ready for a change.
if you think Pete is getting it done, you have some pretty low standards.
There really is no need to get all bent out of shape every time someone says something "negative" about Pete or Geno.
You have your opinion, I have mine. Pete is past his prime and needs to be replaced. Pete it not GOD, and he's not even one of the best coaches in the league these days. He WAS. But that was a while ago.
I hope Geno starts tonight, but it's looking like it's Lock again.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah, the simple fix is for YOU (or Fade) to come up with someone that is SURE-FIRE BETTER that PC and that can get the players to be much more assignment Sound, eh?
Otherwise, we are still beating on that same old "Dead Horse"

Scutter, every year there's a list of candidates provided by numerous people (myself and Fade included), but you and some others just just don't want to hear it. In your opinion there's nobody but Pete that can do the job and that's just crazy. It's baffling how some on here are just content and happy with the stagnant course the Seahawks are and have been on for years now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I am also mindful of Pete's successes in the past, and we as Fans owe him some gratitude for not only bringing the Lombardi to Seattle, but having MORE winning seasons than any other HC in Seahawks History, so FOR ME? > Yes, I'm willing to stick it out with the guy.

How long does that gratitude last though? Forever? It's way past due to move on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This fascination with basically calling someone a "hater" for wanting to move on from a coach is just odd.
Regular season record has been great. Look at their post season record since 49? It's bad, like really bad.
While I absolutely appreciate all the playoff appearances, I want more. That's all I'm trying to say. Wanting more does NOT mean someone doesn't appreciate what Pete has done as the Seahawks QB.

You CAN have both appreciation and a want for change.

cymatica

Reaction score
And a Defense that isn't stopping, or even SLOWING the opponent's Offensive attackS and getting the ball back into Geno Smith or Drew Lock's hands to have even a remote SHOT at putting up competitive scores.
This is the WHY our Quarterbacks are taking unnecessary risks with the ball, they are TRYING to make up for our FLOUNDERING Defense.

I don't buy that. There's been plenty of times this season where the offense was completely flat even with consecutive stops on defense.

cymatica

Reaction score
Can't Run the Ball with any kind of consistency "The main problem is the interior O-Line and play calling".....I suppose we can pin the blame on Geno for the poor play by the Defense AND this^^^^ too?
You keep acting like Geno is getting the blame, where are you getting this? No one is saying this. The overwhelming consensus involves bad oline and play calling.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don’t think Geno likes getting hit that much, so any excuse to avoid a situation that is likely to be unpleasant can be taken by him. Not hating on Geno. Besides, I thought Lock played well against Dallas (EDIT: 49ers, mistook which beat down the team took).

It’s now Lock’s time. Not concerned.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This fascination with basically calling someone a "hater" for wanting to move on from a coach is just odd.
Regular season record has been great. Look at their post season record since 49? It's bad, like really bad.
While I absolutely appreciate all the playoff appearances, I want more. That's all I'm trying to say. Wanting more does NOT mean someone doesn't appreciate what Pete has done as the Seahawks QB.

You CAN have both appreciation and a want for change.
But "Change For Change's Sake"? and VERY likely chances of MAYBE doing even worse?
"Bird in The Hand" -- "Jumping From The Frying Pan to The Fire"--"Changing Horses in The Middle of The Stream"
Pete HAS gotten us into the Playoffs MORE than he's missed them-> No Playoffs= NO CHANCE IN HELL.
I've had more than my fair share of bad vibes & negative ramblings here ->>I'm happy with my grounded commitments & FANDOM ways and I'm ready for the next unknown chapter in my Seahawks fandom journey....G-O---H-A-W-K-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!