The Rams are Tanking for the #1 Pick; BOOK IT!

Scout

Reaction score
Assuming the Rams lose the next two they can win against the Colts and be around .500. Lets say the Rams lose against Philly but win against the Cards in the next game. That would still put them at 3-3.

The Rams do have a tough schedule past their bye week but if they can be around .500 by their bye they have a shot of a wild card spot or even competing for the division if the 49ers can't stay healthy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Another amazing Fade take. Rams flat out DOMINATED that 2nd half. What a pathetic perfomance. 3 effin yards in the 2nd half.

Seak

Reaction score
The Rams are tanking for the #1 pick.

McVay knows when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. He needs a franchise QB to turn things around quickly, with how they sold the farm and overextended for a good half decade. It worked and got them a SuperBowl.

But then last season happened, they all got injured and fell apart. He recognized immediately there is no point in continuing down that path and pivoted to this new plan. Blow it up, move pieces, tank for the #1 pick.

It is usually unwise to tank in the NFL. However this is a rare exception. Caleb Williams is the best QB prospect I've ever seen in my many years of studying QB prospects, easily the best since Andrew Luck which was a long time ago at this point believe it or not.

Even if you come up short for the #1 pick, Drake Maye will be on the board who would be the #1 Pick in most NFL Drafts over the last 10 years if not for Caleb Williams. Both of these guys would go ahead of Bryce Young in this last draft.

Once the season plays out more QBs will emerge. I love KJ Jefferson, and he's a mid-round guy currently. He's Cam Newton, but more accurate, and actually a leader instead of a space cadet. This is the best QB class in 20 years.

We're looking at a lopsided year in the NFL, because the Rams aren't the only team that will be tanking for Williams. Add the Cardinals, Buccs, and whoever else gets off to a slow start to the list.

This is not a normal draft upcoming, it is stacked. The first year of NIL money had a lot of underclassmen returning to school that normally would've come out this year. It created a void in '23, they will now be in '24.

Due to this, teams around the league are going to be much quicker to throw in the towel than you're used to seeing. Again, this is not a normal draft coming up, and is why most teams usually wouldn't think of doing it.

How to tank and not make it look like your tanking?

Hold guys out if they have a hangnail, be quicker to put guys on IR. The guys on the field are trying to win, their careers are on the line. You just don't give them the horses to win. Injuries will be an epidemic this year, like you've never seen before, to mask the tanking. The Rams are at the head of the list. Book it.

P.S. Those Rams vs. Cardinals games are going to be hella interesting this year.
Now that the dust settled from the first game ,I guess Mcvay (Mcshook) has something to prove. Before that first game I could see where your coming from.
But ya I wonder if hes got a chip on his shoulder from people heckling him about retiring once the going got tough. Good for him if he does, glad he didn't run away from trying to rebuild a team.
He might out for some Mcvengence

Scout

Reaction score
I will say Kyren Williams really impressed me with his hard nosed running. Cam Akers is more of a shake and bake guy to take it to the house. Kyren Williams compliments Akers well and gives the Rams offense a tough dimension when they need to grind yards.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
The Bears beat the 49ers in week 1 last year, still got the #1 pick.

The Rams are going 3-14.

The Seahawks might get the #2 pick though, as the Seahawks need to be incredible on offense to carry Hurttt and co. The offense looked underwhelming which is far more alarming.

Nothing like doubling down on a bad hot take.

& just because da Bears ended up with the #1 pick doesn't mean they were tanking to start the year unless, of course, you have a different definition of "tanking" than the rest of the world, which you probably do.

94Smith

Reaction score
After playing the 49ers yesterday, Rams are acutally pretty good. Their defense needs work but their offense is scrappy. Could be a wildcard team in my opinion. Rookie receiver Nacua is very talented. Cooper Kupp 2.0

Scout

Reaction score
After playing the 49ers yesterday, Rams are acutally pretty good. Their defense needs work but their offense is scrappy. Could be a wildcard team in my opinion. Rookie receiver Nacua is very talented. Cooper Kupp 2.0
Once Kupp returns and teams with Nacua and Van Jefferson they have a very respectable trio. Throw in in Atwell and they can give any NFL defense fits.

Xxx

Reaction score
The Rams are tanking for the #1 pick.

McVay knows when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. He needs a franchise QB to turn things around quickly, with how they sold the farm and overextended for a good half decade. It worked and got them a SuperBowl.

But then last season happened, they all got injured and fell apart. He recognized immediately there is no point in continuing down that path and pivoted to this new plan. Blow it up, move pieces, tank for the #1 pick.

It is usually unwise to tank in the NFL. However this is a rare exception. Caleb Williams is the best QB prospect I've ever seen in my many years of studying QB prospects, easily the best since Andrew Luck which was a long time ago at this point believe it or not.

Even if you come up short for the #1 pick, Drake Maye will be on the board who would be the #1 Pick in most NFL Drafts over the last 10 years if not for Caleb Williams. Both of these guys would go ahead of Bryce Young in this last draft.

Once the season plays out more QBs will emerge. I love KJ Jefferson, and he's a mid-round guy currently. He's Cam Newton, but more accurate, and actually a leader instead of a space cadet. This is the best QB class in 20 years.

We're looking at a lopsided year in the NFL, because the Rams aren't the only team that will be tanking for Williams. Add the Cardinals, Buccs, and whoever else gets off to a slow start to the list.

This is not a normal draft upcoming, it is stacked. The first year of NIL money had a lot of underclassmen returning to school that normally would've come out this year. It created a void in '23, they will now be in '24.

Due to this, teams around the league are going to be much quicker to throw in the towel than you're used to seeing. Again, this is not a normal draft coming up, and is why most teams usually wouldn't think of doing it.

How to tank and not make it look like your tanking?

Hold guys out if they have a hangnail, be quicker to put guys on IR. The guys on the field are trying to win, their careers are on the line. You just don't give them the horses to win. Injuries will be an epidemic this year, like you've never seen before, to mask the tanking. The Rams are at the head of the list. Book it.

P.S. Those Rams vs. Cardinals games are going to be hella interesting this year.
Maybe this is why Seattle has not added to the qb competition

Mizak

Reaction score
OP made a huge mistake with his assessment. Rams are only 0.5 games behind the Vikings for the last playoff spot.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Well if it wasn't for the Seahawks losing both games to the stinking Rams, they'd be right there.

Pete has now vaulted them into playoff contention in a mediocre NFC. Great job, Pete.

Latest posts