The Rams are Tanking for the #1 Pick; BOOK IT!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Sounds like you like believing what people say.
Ha! You won’t find many stronger Poles critics on the Bears forum. I much prefer the Seahawks approach to rebuilding, but I am giving Poles 1 more year to test his novel approach.

flv2

Reaction score
Fade is silly.
Yeah, it's a bad hot take on his part. The Rams could have moved Stafford, Donald, and Kupp if they were tanking and wanted extra cap space. The Rams have said they're going cheap and young on defense to develop the players for 2024 whilst regaining cap space. They're not cutting anything of value from the offense. It's a low-cost transitional year rather than a tank.

evergreen

Reaction score
I guess this means they finally have a first round pick again?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I've never been a big believer that Fields can process quickly. Which is why I think his ceiling is somewhat limited.

Chicago should use that draft capital they acquired from Carolina & make a move for one of the two QB's next April.

My guy!!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
We are definitely not tanking.

Last year we had historic injuries to the OL followed by injuries/shutting down Stafford, Kupp and AD. We were far more talented than a five win team.

OL should be much better this year and if Akers puts a full season together, coupled with Stafford looking healthier than he did in 2021 per reports - IMO we will be competitive.

Start to the season is rough...but we usually play Seattle close no matter what. And I have some optimism for this young defense even though the media would have you think we're an expansion team

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Who is high Justin Fields?
A small RB trying to be a QB..Meh that formula has gotten old fast.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bad hot take on his part. The Rams could have moved Stafford, Donald, and Kupp if they were tanking and wanted extra cap space. The Rams have said they're going cheap and young on defense to develop the players for 2024 whilst regaining cap space. They're not cutting anything of value from the offense. It's a low-cost transitional year rather than a tank.
One of the mods on the Bears forum makes a distinction between a “soft” tank and a “hard” tank. In a soft tank, you just get rid of expensive 2-3 veteran players’ contracts. In a hard tank, you replace 20+ starters, and replace them all with rookies and cheap free agents. You end up with the #1 pick in the draft and $100 million cap space. Poles did the hardest hard tank in NFL history.

Last edited:

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Tanking is not conductive to a winning culture. It comes with risks.

That said, I doubt the rams are tanking. Usually, it's the bad teams that tank every few years or the teams that have a owner who is a GM/Coach stand-in/wannabe.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Tanking is not conductive to a winning culture. It comes with risks.

That said, I doubt the rams are tanking. Usually, it's the bad teams that tank every few years or the teams that have a owner who is a GM/Coach stand-in/wannabe.
The interesting thing about Poles is that he demanded permission from the owner to tank the team as a condition for taking the job. He asked the same in his interview with the Vikings. They refused. That’s how he ended up with the Bears.

bileever

Reaction score
No way McVay wants 2-15 on his resume. Also, tanking would have given McVay a good excuse for walking away, which is really what he wanted to do.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The interesting thing about Poles is that he demanded permission from the owner to tank the team as a condition for taking the job. He asked the same in his interview with the Vikings. They refused. That’s how he ended up with the Bears.
Still won't work the Bears are a joke the only worse joke team that tanks regularly is Indianapolis two generational quarterbacks in a row and nothing to show for it and made the second retire early like Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders and wil make Anthony Richardson the next David Carr at best or RG3 at worst. Detroit another joke until last year maybe. But I'm fairly certain DC's around the have Detroit figured out by now. Unless you believe the sun rises in the west like Goff?

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well I've got bad news for McVeigh, cause the Cardinals are going hard after a one win season.

And I don't think the Rams are tanking, they still have some extremely dangerous experienced players in Stafford, Donald, Akers and Cupp. As well as some really good young talent.

They're inexperienced and thin as hell at a LOT of positions after their salary cap hell cost cutting spree of the past off season. But nah, not tanking.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Still won't work the Bears are a joke the only worse joke team that tanks regularly is Indianapolis two generational quarterbacks in a row and nothing to show for it and made the second retire early like Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders and wil make Anthony Richardson the next David Carr at best or RG3 at worst. Detroit another joke until last year maybe. But I'm fairly certain DC's around the have Detroit figured out by now. Unless you believe the sun rises in the west like Goff?
I hope you are right about the Lions, but I will bet you they will make the playoffs this year. I agree Colts blew it in the draft. They should have traded up with Bears and taken Bryce Young.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Still won't work the Bears are a joke the only worse joke team that tanks regularly is Indianapolis two generational quarterbacks in a row and nothing to show for and made the second retire early like Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders. Detroit another joke until last year maybe.

I hope you are right about the Lions, but I will bet you they will make the playoffs this year. I agree Colts blew it in the draft. They should have traded up with Bears and taken Bryce Young.
People are forgetting Love has done just fine and is a better fit then Rodgers for what Green Bay wants to run offensively and did Minnesota just disappear Cousins is in a contract year you know what that means.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
People are forgetting Love has done just fine and is a better fit then Rodgers for what Green Bay wants to run offensively and did Minnesota just disappear Cousins is in a contract year you know what that means.
I think Lions are a level above the rest of the division. They are the betting favorites in Las Vegas to win the North. We will learn a lot on Thursday.

Latest posts