Man.. Was rooting for the 49ers

QWERTY

Reaction score
Man what a letdown...... I was really rooting for the 49ers.

1. Can't stand Mahomes, complains to the officials and he's such a crybaby. (Remember that Offsides penalty)
2. Can't stand his wife and his brother.
3. Kelcie.... might be the 2nd person that I really hate and Donald is #1.

4. I don't understand why the fans of Seattle can't understand the situation of 49ers QB Purdy.

Mr. Irrelevant last round pick, is like a Cinderella story He's making peanuts in the NFL while guys like CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk are making 10x more than what he's making.

I think their window is closed.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Barring significant injury, they have two, possibly even three, more years of competitiveness before their window starts to close.

Purdy will be extended next off season, and the first real cap hit can be pushed into 2027.

The next significant cumulative hit to their cap looks to be in 2026.

My guess is that they remain competitive through the 2025 season, unless they hit on some more Purdy like miracles in the draft.

It’s possible that the rising cap gives them the needed space to remain competitive through the 2026 season, albeit with a few of their current stars hitting free agency, or being traded away.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Barring significant injury, they have two, possibly even three, more years of competitiveness before their window starts to close.

Purdy will be extended next off season, and the first real cap hit can be pushed into 2027.

My guess is that they remain competitive through the 2025 season, unless they hit on some more Purdy like miracles in the draft.

It’s possible that the rising cap gives them the needed space to remain competitive through the 2026 season, albeit with a few of their current stars hitting free agency, or being traded away.

Their OL is a big weakness and with all of their players banged up, it will be hard to get to the NFC Championship game. More likely they will miss 2024 season and 2025 will be the last season and that's where
they have Armstead, Ward, Greenlaw, Ayuik all becoming FA.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Anyone rooting for that team should seriously have their fan card revoked. It's asinine.

The Niners are currently in their window. They should remain competitive with Purdy making very little money the next couple of years. But age & injuries will set in eventually. Like it does for all teams. McCaffrey is one injury away from completely changing the narrative. Trent Williams is 35, going on 36. They have some guys who are getting up in age. Meanwhile, you have teams within the division who seem to be on the upswing.

xray

Reaction score
The punt fumble was the game .

GemCity

Reaction score
Might want to be careful with that “window has closed” part 😀

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Their OL is a big weakness and with all of their players banged up, it will be hard to get to the NFC Championship game. More likely they will miss 2024 season and 2025 will be the last season and that's where

Their OL was a big weakness all season long, but they still made it to the big game. Is there any doubt they will address this in the draft, or by trading some picks for players?

They have 11 picks in the upcoming draft ( 4 in rounds 1-3)

8 in 2025 (4 in rounds 1-3)

It will be interesting to see what happens with Trent Williams. Retires? Cut? Traded? Stays on? He might have 2 more years before they have to move on from him.

Other than that, they should be able to keep the core players together through the 2025 season.

Injuries, and recovery from those injuries, could be their Achille's heel. We all know how much harder it is for Super Bowl players to recover with their shortened off season.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I feel like they have played the cap game well. Who wouldn't trade a couple of years of cap challenges to open a three to four year window?

They have also played the drafting game well (save the Lance fiasco, which they got out of anyway with the Purdy pick). They have a ton of draft picks to restock with.

Hawknight

Reaction score

I think that's the key "barring significant injury" because it seems like these veteran players in SF are beginning to break down. Kittle's been out a few times now, something to take note of next season. Will they continue to produce season after season at the elite level and then expecting the tremendous amount of money that SF is paying them. Just food for thought.

94Smith

Reaction score
Good thing we have 2 drafts before then

Marvin49

Reaction score

Honestly I think alot hinges on how good Purdy really is. He's only played a year and a half.

If he's the real deal then they have a 24 year old franchise QB and window is wide open for some time.

We just don't know yet.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Shannahan made a lot of quarterbacks look good. Purdy doesn't have to be great to look great in Shannahan's system. He doesn't need to be franchise quality, he just can't suck or commit bone headed plays