The Rams are Tanking for the #1 Pick; BOOK IT!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade out here making grand incorrect statements. God bless him.
Here's Why I Am Actually Right By Being Wrong
The Rams are going 3-14.

The Seahawks might get the #2 pick though, as the Seahawks need to be incredible on offense to carry Hurttt and co. The offense looked underwhelming which is far more alarming.
I Am Wrong Twice But Actually That Makes Me Right (The Seahawks Played Themselves Out Of Contention For #2 Overall In The First Third Of The Season But I Am Still Right #Truth)
Well if it wasn't for the Seahawks losing both games to the stinking Rams, they'd be right there.

Pete has now vaulted them into playoff contention in a mediocre NFC. Great job, Pete.
I Am Wrong But Also I Am Still Right And Pete Carroll Made The Rams Organization Not Tank

Why can't you just admit that the Rams were never tanking? Just own it!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be personal here, but can't we at least try to evolve our viewpoints when we're demonstrably completely wrong?

I've been in that boat before, and I've generally altered my viewpoint when provided new information. How do we grow otherwise? How can we even facilitate real discourse in good faith if we can't say "oh, I was entirely wrong" when we're entirely wrong?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be personal here, but can't we at least try to evolve our viewpoints when we're demonstrably completely wrong?

I've been in that boat before, and I've generally altered my viewpoint when provided new information. How do we grow otherwise? How can we even facilitate real discourse in good faith if we can't say "oh, I was entirely wrong" when we're entirely wrong?
You're trying too hard. I was pointing out "why" I was wrong. Pete screwed me, and the Seahawks by losing to the Rams.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You're trying too hard. I was pointing out "why" I was wrong. Pete screwed me, and the Seahawks by losing to the Rams.
That's a lie. Your post was about the Rams intending to tank.

They were not intending to tank.

Pete did not make you wrong. You made you wrong by virtue of your prediction being wrong.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Puka is a star, about to start breaking records. Stafford when upright can still eviscerate a D and they have Donald.
they ain’t tanking shite

bileever

Reaction score
How are the Rams winning with that roster? Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question. I know what people will say, (1) it's McVay magic, (2) they have Stafford, Donald and Kupp, and (3) the emergence of Puka Nacua.

I kind of expected the offense to hum with Sean McVay figuring out a way, but I thought the defense would suck after they lost so many pieces like Jalen Ramsey, A'Shawn Robinson, Taylor Rapp, Leonard Floyd, Greg Gaines, Nick Scott and Bobby Wagner. That's like half their starting lineup from last year.

morgulon1

Reaction score
How are the Rams winning with that roster? Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question. I know what people will say, (1) it's McVay magic, (2) they have Stafford, Donald and Kupp, and (3) the emergence of Puka Nacua.

I kind of expected the offense to hum with Sean McVay figuring out a way, but I thought the defense would suck after they lost so many pieces like Jalen Ramsey, A'Shawn Robinson, Taylor Rapp, Leonard Floyd, Greg Gaines, Nick Scott and Bobby Wagner. That's like half their starting lineup from last year.
Coaching

morgulon1

Reaction score
Here's Why I Am Actually Right By Being Wrong
View attachment 62227

I Am Wrong Twice But Actually That Makes Me Right (The Seahawks Played Themselves Out Of Contention For #2 Overall In The First Third Of The Season But I Am Still Right #Truth)
View attachment 62227

I Am Wrong But Also I Am Still Right And Pete Carroll Made The Rams Organization Not Tank
View attachment 62228

Why can't you just admit that the Rams were never tanking? Just own it!
I don't know how others feel about Mr Fade but I like him. I like an alternate view or "conspiracy" if you will.

I've disagreed with him on certain things but can appreciate that he comes hard with his views. That goes for anyone on here, I have people who I probably take their side of the fence more than others but still can be ok with on different matters.

With Seattle's underwhelming effort this season we're seeing a lot more tribalism
but it's to be expected.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't know how others feel about Mr Fade but I like him. I like an alternate view or "conspiracy" if you will.

I've disagreed with him on certain things but can appreciate that he comes hard with his views. That goes for anyone on here, I have people who I probably take their side of the fence more than others but still can be ok with on different matters.

With Seattle's underwhelming effort this season we're seeing a lot more tribalism
but it's to be expected.
I'd like the posts more if they weren't just elaborate ruses to arrive at a preconceived conclusion. It's all confirmation bias with these posts. Then, when the guy is red-assed wrong, it's suddenly "well uh, Pete Carroll did it."

I don't like intellectual dishonesty, but I hate when intellectual dishonesty is claimed as irrefutable "truth" and backed by long posts that casual readers simply won't digest thoroughly enough to question.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'd like the posts more if they weren't just elaborate ruses to arrive at a preconceived conclusion. It's all confirmation bias with these posts. Then, when the guy is red-assed wrong, it's suddenly "well uh, Pete Carroll did it."

I don't like intellectual dishonesty, but I hate when intellectual dishonesty is claimed as irrefutable "truth" and backed by long posts that casual readers simply won't digest thoroughly enough to question.
I like you Maelstrom787.

One of the coolest screen names ever.
How did you come up with it?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I like you Maelstrom787.

One of the coolest screen names ever.
How did you come up with it?
Maelstrom was a username from when I played World of Warcraft, and 787 was just a random grouping of numbers with no real significance. I made this account when I was 15 lol

morgulon1

Reaction score
Maelstrom was a username from when I played World of Warcraft, and 787 was just a random grouping of numbers with no real significance. I made this account when I was 15 lol
Hahaha thanks .

I came up with Morgulon from a song by my favorite local metal band . I think I was in my 20s.

Oh well...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
787, Seattle, Boeing COME ON IT'S OBVI.
You know, I actually think I was kind of getting into planes at that time. Mightve been it. I live on the east coast and always have, though. Probably before I knew about the Boeing connection to Seattle honestly.