TE McCoy re-signed today!

chris98251

Reaction score
Willson is a long strider, not a great fit back there. I would be more for adding weight and blocking better and be the true replacement for Miller.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ima happy about this, as I really like the way he was progressing, and his injury must be doing ok or they wouldn't have inked him.

sutz

Reaction score
Good news. I've always liked the kid. Sure, he's not super star material, perhaps, but he was getting to be productive.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I definitely hope he is at full health this year. Much needed for our thin position at TE.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
god I hope his acl tear made it such that he cant do the presnap dance anymore...

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This dude can make plays at times...was pretty bummed when he went down.

Will be nice to see Willson/McCoy/Miller (hopefully) out on the field.

sc85sis

Reaction score
By the way, I just got a mobile alert from the Seahawks app: Re-signing Anthony is now official.

CEHawk

Reaction score
I like Zach Miller a lot but I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the first round of the draft and saved $10 million over the next two years. Jenkins is our type of TE, he is smart, he can block and he can potentially be a 900yard TE and would play well in a two TE set with Wilson OR McCoy. This would also allow us to keep Golden Tate.

Seaswab

Reaction score
If ASJ played at another school besides UW, nobody on here would care if we drafted him or not.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":2skn5mn3 said:
If ASJ played at another school besides UW, nobody on here would care if we drafted him or not.
Lol, not true at all. He had 850 yards receiving in 2012 and his numbers only went down because Huskies changed their offense and asked him to do more blocking. He put on 30 pounds to help with that, and lost that 30 pounds since the end of last season. The guy is smart as hell in interviews and obviously has a chip on his shoulder pushing himself to lose 30 pounds in the couple months since the season ended.
Most scouts have him as the #3 TE in the draft however some scouts are moving him up to number 2 TE because the looked into his numbers and his weight loss.

I would say only ignorant fans wouldn't care if we drafted him. =)

Seaswab

Reaction score
CEHawk":1cofv93m said:
Seaswab":1cofv93m said:
Lol, not true at all. He had 850 yards receiving in 2012 and his numbers only went down because Huskies changed their offense and asked him to do more blocking. He put on 30 pounds to help with that, and lost that 30 pounds since the end of last season. The guy is smart as hell in interviews and obviously has a chip on his shoulder pushing himself to lose 30 pounds in the couple months since the season ended.
Most scouts have him as the #3 TE in the draft however some scouts are moving him up to number 2 TE because the looked into his numbers and his weight loss.

Im sure there are no other tight ends in the draft

Hawkpower

Reaction score
CEHawk":12uzj118 said:
Seaswab":12uzj118 said:

I am as big a dawg fan as there is, and I want no part of ASJ.

Lets see:

1. Scouts have essentially called him out for having no work ethic.
2. He claimed he "thought he was supposed to gain weight to block" but no one asked him to. He got fat, plain and simple.
3. This "smart as hell" guy is less than a year removed from speeding his car drunk into a ditch. We all make mistakes, sure, but dont pretend like that might not be a red flag. I was dumb at times as a 20 year old, but I was "smart" enough not to get into a car drunk and endanger others lives.

Sorry, but he is far from a slam dunk.