QB Drew Lock re-signed ( One-year deal)

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I am excited by this signing. After watching videos of Drew Lock performing accuracy passing drills...I was amazed.
Hopefully he has a friendly and "mentoring" relationship with Geno, because I think he is an "underdog" that could rise to the top...Like Geno.

sutz

Reaction score
A bit higher cost than I thought it would be, but I'm glad he's coming back. I thought he'd look for a starting job somewhere, but maybe he feels another year in this system and maybe a chance to compete with Geno would be good for him long term. Anyway, continuity in the QB room is a good thing.

And who knows, maybe he's the next starting QB after Geno retires. ;)

Rat

Reaction score
Gardner Minshew got 1 year, $3.5 million plus incentives (not sure how much) from the Colts, so basically the same deal. Seems about right.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I hope you are well brother. It gives us huge flexibility. We need lines and RBs.
Doing well! I'm working out in Japan now, so that's been quite the adventure. Miss the GameDay chats for sure. Hope all is well for you! I'm liking our free agent moves so far..can't wait for the draft now.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Hard to imagine some other team was willing to pay that. 2 years ago Geno was playing at the league minimum. I don't see how Lock has earned more than that considering he's had a similar career trajectory.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
That's a pretty steep rate for Lock at this point. But, it's nice to have at least two QBs on the roster again...
Meh, non-rookie backups are signing for like 5-8m. But the fact that Raiders signed JG, Seahawks signed 2 QBs takes Arizona out of the drivers seat to trade out for more picks. Meaning if the Seahawks happen to have a QB fall into their lap they control the bidding war if they themselves decide to trade down.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Hard to imagine some other team was willing to pay that. 2 years ago Geno was playing at the league minimum. I don't see how Lock has earned more than that considering he's had a similar career trajectory.
You haven't been watching Lock in practice all last season like the coaches have, he may well have made great strides. He had all the tools, he just needed some massaging, now he is as smooth as butter... Perhaps.....

nanomoz

Reaction score
I still wouldn't rule out QB
by the contract structure of both Geno and Lock
I hope you're right. QB drafts like this coinciding with top 5 picks haven't come around too often.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if they feel Lock will replace Geno in a couple of years? Who would have thought that Geno would have replaced Russ? Maybe the front office feels that their system is plug and play for QBs of a certain type?
I'm wondering the same thing. Lock seems to have the physical tools to be a franchise QB, but his decision making sucks. However, PC has said a couple of times that Lock has looked really good in practice.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
This has Hooker in the 2nd written all over it. He’s coming off acl surgery and his play is a lot like Geno. Let him get healthy his rookie year on IR and he’s ready next year to compete

Fox0r

Reaction score
This has Hooker in the 2nd written all over it. He’s coming off acl surgery and his play is a lot like Geno. Let him get healthy his rookie year on IR and he’s ready next year to compete
This this this this this this this!!!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
Meh, non-rookie backups are signing for like 5-8m. But the fact that Raiders signed JG, Seahawks signed 2 QBs takes Arizona out of the drivers seat to trade out for more picks. Meaning if the Seahawks happen to have a QB fall into their lap they control the bidding war if they themselves decide to trade down.
I hadn't really considered that, and it may be overthinking things just a bit. It's an interesting idea though to signal that you aren't interested in a QB in order to reduce the chance of a team jumping in front of you.

rjdriver

Reaction score
My sources* tell me that this is nothing but a DECOY to keep someone from leapfrogging us into Arizona's number three pick.

*I have the same sources as welshers

Latest posts