SF vs NYG

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Who here actually believes the Giants will cover the 10pt spread? NYG didn't score a single point until the 3rd quarter of week 2.

I won't see the game until the 4th qtr since I work out daily with my wife till 7ish, so I'll miss most of the game. I anticipate a blowout loss by NYG.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Under the spread:
  1. Thursday night has kind of a randomizing effect (such a deplorable money grab by the NFL).
  2. Running QBs historically give the 49ers problems.
  3. Daniel Jones really got it going, will it continue?
Cover the spread:
  1. 4 players out for the Giants
  2. Giants have a bad run defense
  3. Long travel on a short week
  4. Giants have mediocre pass blocking with two OL starters inactive for the game.
  5. Giants have no pass rush.
so, as the saying goes: The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

evergreen

Reaction score
How the heck did the Rams almost beat them with $75 million in dead cap money? Plus Tutu looked all world against them too.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
How the heck did the Rams almost beat them with $75 million in dead cap money? Plus Tutu looked all world against them too.
Stafford was awesome, along with the two young wideouts. Purdy missed on 3 touchdown passes, if he hits one or two its a blowout.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I'd be stunned in the Giants cover the spread. Maybe they score a late TD when the game is out of reach but who knows. The 49ers are top tier this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So...like....this is a game that makes me nervous.

Its not that I think the Giants are secretly good or that people should have different expectations...

...but games like this where the expectation is that one team will beat the brakes off another team seldom actually go that way. Fate steps in. Funny ball bounces. 49ers being over -confident. Whatever....SOMETHING tends to step in.

By all realistic measure the 49ers have no excuse not to beat the Giants by 20+...but that's what makes me nervous. Moreover, they can win by 20 and people would call it a disappointing performance. LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LastRideOut

Reaction score
So...like....this is a game that makes me nervous.

Its not that I think the Giants are secretly good or that people should have different expectations...

...but games like this where the expectation is that one team will beat the brakes off another team seldom actually go that way. Fate steps in. Funny ball bounces. 49ers being over -confident. Whatever....SOMETHING tends to step in.

By all realistic measure the 49ers have no excuse not to beat the Giants by 20+...but that's what makes me nervous. Moreover, they can win by 20 and people would call it a disappointing performance. LOL.
Trust me Dr. Spin, the niners will win going away. It'll probably be over by the end of the 3rd.

This is pretty close to a guaranteed win for SF.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Trust me Dr. Spin, the niners will win going away. It'll probably be over by the end of the 3rd.

This is pretty close to a guaranteed win for SF.

Not spinning anything.

The 49ers SHOULD win going away. They SHOULD win guaranteed. They will actually be judged tonight not on if they win, but by how much they win by.

Just sayin....how often do we have that expectation and then something else happens?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yeah I'm baffled by the spread on this game too. I like to gamble, but I dunno about this one. I might throw some money on the Giants @ + 22 or something if there's an option for it, but I need the Rays to win by at least 2 or else I won't have any money for the TNF game :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
It's a bit premature to call the 1-16 season yet.
It's puzzling; Brian Daboll was the wunderkind as O.C. for Buffalo, racking up lots of points and wins in 4 years with the Bills.
And he did quite well last season as Giants head coach, getting them to a playoff birth.

Wouldn't be surprised if they made a game of it.

OP
OP
L

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Not spinning anything.

The 49ers SHOULD win going away. They SHOULD win guaranteed. They will actually be judged tonight not on if they win, but by how much they win by.

Just sayin....how often do we have that expectation and then something else happens?
The Dr. Spin monkier was a reference to your history of spinning negative niner news into positives.

94Smith

Reaction score
My local line was 49ers at -10.5 . I didn't bet that spread but would take the Giants to cover. I could see like a 28-13 game later in the 4 th quarter with a back door cover.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really am grumpy britches that the only NFL game on tonight is already a near guaranteed victory for the 9ers and they get to go 3-0 on the division while everyone continues to gush over "Bot" Purdy for 3 hours.

I think I am going to watch PBS or the "Poke Me In The Eye With A Stick" channel instead.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
With the Giants big come from behind win last week, I could see them making this a game into the 4th.

Niners win, but I'd bet the Giants to cover.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Did the Giants go home or have they been out west all week? They are probably dying to get back to their own beds and are exhausted.

It's Daniel Jones vs. the Niners D.

Please don't be magnanimous Niners fans, you are going to beat the living shit out of them.