NFL authorizes in-game use of guardian caps.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not me, I'll pick dementia over those goofy helmet condoms. If players start wearing those, I'll be too embarrassed to watch this game anymore
No one likes how they look, but I really hope you're not watching for helmet aesthetics.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Purists always predicting the ruination of there beloved sport.

Maybe F1 should of listened to their old school fans and not introduced the HALO…I’m mean I’m sure Cy would rather have his head smashed than be seen in the new cars.

Maybe MLB should get rid of batters helmets… I mean those old school guys had heads that were tough as rock, these young guys are just scared…

NHL needs to bring back real manly goalies, none of this big pad and helmet wimp crap they use today.

Fans pay the bills, so these prima donna millionaires need to grow a pair and risk the 40 years of their life after sport otherwise I might just post on a sport forum that I will never watch again…lulz

cymatica

Reaction score
Think about what you wrote here. It’s not your brain/life you’re talking about.
If it's that concerning to you, then why do you continue to support the product in its current state?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NHL needs to bring back real manly goalies, none of this big pad and helmet wimp crap they use today.

Fans pay the bills, so these prima donna millionaires need to grow a pair and risk the 40 years of their life after sport otherwise I might just post on a sport forum that I will never watch again…lulz
Ever seen the picture of Terry Sawchuk (Detroit Redwings goalie in the '50s and '60s) at the end of his 20-year NHL career? I don't recall him ever wearing a goalie's mask.

If not, here you go. It's pretty sobering.

Attachments

• Tery Sawchuk.jpg
    Tery Sawchuk.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9

sc85sis

Reaction score
I’m not the one saying it’s OK for people to get dementia. I’m all in favor of anything that makes the game safer for these guys.
If it's that concerning to you, then why do you continue to support the product in its current state?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
The future I was promised growing up was blood and death sports/racing. Also flying cars.

This future is horse$#!+.

Joking aside, wear em, or don't. People will still watch.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The future I was promised growing up was blood and death sports/racing. Also flying cars.

This future is horse$#!+.

Joking aside, wear em, or don't. People will still watch.
And people will still watch when it's flag by 2030...they will sell it and people will buy it. The American gold medal in 2028 is when it starts to change is my guess.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am 100% for player safety but come on man, those things are absolutely hideous and WILL detract from the game as in you WILL be so absorbed looking at those silly monstrosities on their heads you won't be able to tune them out.

That's the best we can do for concussion tech in the 3rd decade of the 21st Century? Looks like something they would have tried out in the 50's or 60's.

Good grief.

cymatica

Reaction score
I’m not the one saying it’s OK for people to get dementia. I’m all in favor of anything that makes the game safer for these guys.
Lol, it was obviously tongue in cheek. But if you want to go there, you are ok with people getting dementia. If you didn't think it was ok, you would immediately boycott the sport, otherwise it's just virtue signaling. Instead you continue to support a product that causes dementia.

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe .net can put a Guardian on the masthead and he will be too embarrassed to post here anymore…
By all means, keep rooting for the NFL to ruin their product.

Attachments

• hell-yeah.jpeg
    hell-yeah.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2

sutz

Reaction score
Wasn't gonna contribute to this, but I couldn't resist. :LOL:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ever seen the picture of Terry Sawchuk (Detroit Redwings goalie in the '50s and '60s) at the end of his 20-year NHL career? I don't recall him ever wearing a goalie's mask.

If not, here you go. It's pretty sobering.
20 years?
Wow that has to be the toughest guy in history.. Takes pucks and skates .
@Cyrus12 you remember him?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
By all means, keep rooting for the NFL to ruin their product.
I don't think it does ruin their product. People will get used to it. I mean, how friggin' stupid do you think hard-shell helmets looked to the leatherheads?

It's just a stupid looking shell that'd presumably be aesthetically upgraded in short order.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I am 100% for player safety but come on man, those things are absolutely hideous and WILL detract from the game as in you WILL be so absorbed looking at those silly monstrosities on their heads you won't be able to tune them out.

That's the best we can do for concussion tech in the 3rd decade of the 21st Century? Looks like something they would have tried out in the 50's or 60's.

Good grief.
Believe it or not, it might just be the best we can do. Positional groups wearing Guardian Caps in practice in 2022/2023 saw nearly a 50% decline in concussion rate.

I'd be against this because they look so incredibly lame, but I just can't be against it considering the facts around how effective they've been coupled with the fact that football is facing an EXISTENTIAL threat due to the neurological damage inherent to the game.

Anything that works to keep those noggins safe should be done. The game depends on it.