Sark Headed to USC

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Price is the MAN!

Says it don't matter, that UW is so motivated a janitor could coach them in the bowl game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":27epa2wy said:
Price is the MAN!

Says it don't matter, that UW is so motivated a janitor could coach them in the bowl game.

Yeh like that means anything. We know how mentally tough Keith Price is.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkWow":2j71bxtj said:
DavidSeven":2j71bxtj said:
HawkWow":2j71bxtj said:
Matt Leinert saying he loves the hire. "Sark taught (him) everything (he) knows".

That makes me feeling much better about Sark's departure.

Say what you will about Leinart as a pro, but he was a terrific college QB. It's not really Sark's fault that he lacked an NFL arm.

Leinert was more than weak armed, he also lacked discipline. I'm seeing a trend.

He didn't lack a Heisman trophy or a National Championship though.

USChawk

Reaction score
Matt Leinert saying he loves the hire. "Sark taught (him) everything (he) knows".

I say with throw a bundle at Pinkel and his staff. Sark was never going to bring discipline to this team. I'm more surprised USC wants his gimmicky BS than I am with him taking the job. Now he cleans house too? Good. The last thing we need at U-Dub is coaches that don't want to be at UDub. I will personally be boycotting our (lower) bowl game if that biotch will be on the sidelines.

Some have expressed concerns about the program now being viewed as some "stepping stone". This is an isolated instance where a coach accepted a job in his homeland and at a program he once coached. Not to mention, perhaps the most storied program in the history of college football. UDub is no stepping stone and I'm surprised by the (knee-jerk) reaction to this (not all bad) news.

I like Pete but never wanted Sark, or the stench of USC, he brought with him to the Dub. Good riddance punkass. He's Kiffin II and I look forward to USC becoming UO wanna' be south. USC alumni will tire of his inability to discipline players and his passive demeanor in a big hurry. His first step should be to hire Leinert as his QB coach.

All of this seems pretty unnecessary but I guess that is what internet message boards are all about.

Seems pretty ungrateful considering UW had won 12 games in 5 seasons before Sark got there. But college football is the ultimate what have you done for me lately sport so I understand.

It used to be we love Sark. Now Sark is Kiffin II. LOL.

If you watched Leinart at USC then you wouldn't be so quick to disparage him or his opinion. He was never a good pro, would never work like a Russ Wilson, but you can't say anything bad about the guy's college career.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":36goytqo said:
I admit I know nothing about the guy, but from what I'm reading in here, Ogeron sounds like a guy worth interviewing.

Would be a pretty terrible hire IMO. Orgeron is a monster recruiter but as an X's and O's guy he lacks a lot. His tenure at Ole Miss was a train wreck.

Now, he could very well have learned a lot from his first mess and is a born again coach as a result of it. After all Pete Carroll had the same thing. But Carroll also never had the tenure Orgeron did at Ole Miss either.

If Washington's new HC were to pluck Orgeron and place him on his staff though - that'd be a major coup.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Chapow":14wvyx4p said:
HawkWow":14wvyx4p said:
DavidSeven":14wvyx4p said:
HawkWow":14wvyx4p said:

Say what you will about Leinart as a pro, but he was a terrific college QB. It's not really Sark's fault that he lacked an NFL arm.

Leinert was more than weak armed, he also lacked discipline. I'm seeing a trend.

He didn't lack a Heisman trophy or a National Championship though.

Then I underestimate him. All this time I thought he had a pretty good team around him. Neither the Heisman, or the Natty, are (in reality) individual awards.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2rmwo1lq said:
ClumsyLurk":2rmwo1lq said:
Price is the MAN!

Yeh like that means anything. We know how mentally tough Keith Price is.
I think he nailed it, thats all.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":2rejik4y said:

Matt Leinart was one of the best college QB's of all-time. His pro career has nothing to do with that.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1o100cig said:
HawkWow":1o100cig said:

Matt Leinart was one of the best college QB's of all-time. His pro career has nothing to do with that.
Reggie Bush and the rest of them sucked though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
USChawk":17ght6w4 said:

I say with throw a bundle at Pinkel and his staff. Sark was never going to bring discipline to this team. I'm more surprised USC wants his gimmicky BS than I am with him taking the job. Now he cleans house too? Good. The last thing we need at U-Dub is coaches that don't want to be at UDub. I will personally be boycotting our (lower) bowl game if that biotch will be on the sidelines.

Some have expressed concerns about the program now being viewed as some "stepping stone". This is an isolated instance where a coach accepted a job in his homeland and at a program he once coached. Not to mention, perhaps the most storied program in the history of college football. UDub is no stepping stone and I'm surprised by the (knee-jerk) reaction to this (not all bad) news.

I like Pete but never wanted Sark, or the stench of USC, he brought with him to the Dub. Good riddance punkass. He's Kiffin II and I look forward to USC becoming UO wanna' be south. USC alumni will tire of his inability to discipline players and his passive demeanor in a big hurry. His first step should be to hire Leinert as his QB coach.

All of this seems pretty unnecessary but I guess that is what internet message boards are all about.

Seems pretty ungrateful considering UW had won 12 games in 5 seasons before Sark got there. But college football is the ultimate what have you done for me lately sport so I understand.

If you watched Leinart at USC then you wouldn't be so quick to disparage him or his opinion. He was never a good pro, would never work like a Russ Wilson, but you can't say anything bad about the guy's college career.

Point to a post where I ever said "I loved Sark", or your post is bullsh*t.

I watched every minute of Leinert's career. If he was QBing this big turnaround of a team that you credit Sark with, his numbers wouldn't have been better than Price's. Maybe I should be Grateful for Sark's hiring of Holt, too. He's your boy. Enjoy losing to UO every year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3r7yo847 said:
Hasselbeck":3r7yo847 said:
HawkWow":3r7yo847 said:

Name his WR's.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":oc8sh1kp said:
Hasselbeck":oc8sh1kp said:
HawkWow":oc8sh1kp said:

Oh-oh...what was that...sensibility? Thank you.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
So does this mean our gimmick offense is most likely a short lived, one year, deviation.

Former Husky OC being rumored. Dude down in Alabama.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawkWow":1hjf5xog said:
USChawk":1hjf5xog said:

Point to a post where I ever said "I loved Sark", or your post is bullsh*t.

I watched every minute of Leinert's career. If he was QBing this big turnaround of a team that you credit Sark with, his numbers wouldn't have been better than Price's. Maybe I should be Grateful for Sark's hiring of Holt, too. He's your boy. Enjoy losing to UO every year.

Why the anger?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2li0vaqz said:
ClumsyLurk":2li0vaqz said:
Hasselbeck":2li0vaqz said:
HawkWow":2li0vaqz said:

Name his WR's.

Smith and Byrd were 2, add Lendale White to the mix...how many TDs did White and Bush run for during Leinert's Heisman run? Oh, USC's D sucked too, right?

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":21pq7q7u said:
ClumsyLurk":21pq7q7u said:
Hasselbeck":21pq7q7u said:
HawkWow":21pq7q7u said:

Name his WR's.
I'll name the whole team. Where's SC85Sis when you need her?
Oh wait... tada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_USC_T ... tball_team

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hasselbeck":3jgvlwi1 said:
ClumsyLurk":3jgvlwi1 said:
Hasselbeck":3jgvlwi1 said:
HawkWow":3jgvlwi1 said:

Name his WR's.

Dwayne Jarrett? Mike Williams?

I guess I'm proving your point for you, huh?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Mora's return is so overdue, GET IT DONE WOODWARD. At the very least petersen

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've said what I had to say. Not about to sit here talking up USC football.

Great program that, IMO, made a big mistake today. Time will tell. Go Dawgs.

Latest posts