Sark Headed to USC

razgriz737

Reaction score
DavidSeven":22sr20xd said:
The least Sark could have done is wait to announce this tomorrow. Ain't no one got time to be thinking of this right now!
I'm loving this personally because it's making time go by faster, haha.

kearly

Reaction score
Chapow":1n9glnww said:
kearly":1n9glnww said:
I wonder if Danny O'neil and some angst-ridden fans of like-mind calling for Sarks' head, at the end of UW's best season in 10+ years, factored in this decision? It's pretty hard to turn down such a rare opportunity for a fanbase that doesn't even want you anymore, despite turning the program around.

Could be, but there aren't many more sought after or higher profile college HC positions than USC. My guess is that he was going to go to USC given the opportunity no matter what, and really, can you blame him? There aren't very many people that would turn down a pretty major promotion to stay at a lesser position even if things were going great at their current position.

If he was going to stay, it would be out of loyalty. But what coach is going to stay out of loyalty when the press calls for his job after having the school's best season in a long time?

I don't know if it was the difference or not, but what I do think is that this wasn't an easy decision for Sark, he was in talks with UW for a long term contract extension just a few days ago. Hearing the malcontents bury him over unreasonable results based analysis probably reduced the friction to him leaving.

kearly

Reaction score
Donn2390":32hwn753 said:
Whomever is hired as HC will bring in their own staff, so it matters not if the assistant coaches are gone...

Not necessarily.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1tlvo8os said:
Helfrich whooped UW and UCLA this year my man.

I don't know much about Helfrich, but I do know that Oregon rode Mariota this year about as much as I've ever seen any team ride a QB. Mariota showed some vulnerability towards the end of the season. I think UW definitely loses to Oregon next year but long term, I think Oregon is on a downhill slope.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":cajytq06 said:
RicooGoingD1 ‏@og_sheadTRN 2h

I just decomitted from Washington foreal this time .

Rahshead Johnson 4* recruit that committed to UW.
Damn, for real for real? Dawgman must be in full WDWHA mode.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
kearly":1gskxhy0 said:
Chapow":1gskxhy0 said:
kearly":1gskxhy0 said:
I wonder if Danny O'neil and some angst-ridden fans of like-mind calling for Sarks' head, at the end of UW's best season in 10+ years, factored in this decision? It's pretty hard to turn down such a rare opportunity for a fanbase that doesn't even want you anymore, despite turning the program around.

Could be, but there aren't many more sought after or higher profile college HC positions than USC. My guess is that he was going to go to USC given the opportunity no matter what, and really, can you blame him? There aren't very many people that would turn down a pretty major promotion to stay at a lesser position even if things were going great at their current position.

If he was going to stay, it would be out of loyalty. But what coach is going to stay out of loyalty when the press calls for his job after having the school's best season in a long time?

I don't know if it was the difference or not, but what I do think is that this wasn't an easy decision for Sark, he was in talks with UW for a long term contract extension just a few days ago. Hearing the malcontents bury him over unreasonable results based analysis probably reduced the friction to him leaving.
Bo Pelini would, hilariously.

kearly

Reaction score
I admit I know nothing about the guy, but from what I'm reading in here, Ogeron sounds like a guy worth interviewing.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":1z0r5cuz said:
I don't need this from you, let me get excited about dumb things, sir.

This is the best thread on .NET at the moment.

Ha, then you shouldn't have popped off guaranteeing victory over Oregon. You know I can't let that slide, cuz until that happens all I know is 10 in a row.

I do think Mora would be a good hire, he just doesn't make me shake in my boots as you suggested.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
kearly":1axhfag3 said:
I admit I know nothing about the guy, but from what I'm reading in here, Ogeron sounds like a guy worth interviewing.

Reports say he's expected to be and has applied to be the HC at Florida Atlantic University.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2u1ku9h9 said:

Probably the best recruiter around but he would need to be paired with a good X's and O's type guy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Matt Leinert saying he loves the hire. "Sark taught (him) everything (he) knows".

That makes me feeling much better about Sark's departure.

I say with throw a bundle at Pinkel and his staff. Sark was never going to bring discipline to this team. I'm more surprised USC wants his gimmicky BS than I am with him taking the job. Now he cleans house too? Good. The last thing we need at U-Dub is coaches that don't want to be at UDub. I will personally be boycotting our (lower) bowl game if that biotch will be on the sidelines.

Some have expressed concerns about the program now being viewed as some "stepping stone". This is an isolated instance where a coach accepted a job in his homeland and at a program he once coached. Not to mention, perhaps the most storied program in the history of college football. UDub is no stepping stone and I'm surprised by the (knee-jerk) reaction to this (not all bad) news.

I like Pete but never wanted Sark, or the stench of USC, he brought with him to the Dub. Good riddance punkass. He's Kiffin II and I look forward to USC becoming UO wanna' be south. USC alumni will tire of his inability to discipline players and his passive demeanor in a big hurry. His first step should be to hire Leinert as his QB coach.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Orgeron is supposedly an ace recruiter and has gotten the USC players to compete for him. I think the big question is whether or not he's ready to be a HC outside the USC system. Has never been more than a positions coach before this year. Was never a D or O coordinator at any level from what I can tell. I think it would have made sense for USC to retain him as coach due familiarity, but might be a gamble for another major program.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HawkWow":3t1t3jay said:
Matt Leinert saying he loves the hire. "Sark taught (him) everything (he) knows".

Say what you will about Leinart as a pro, but he was a terrific college QB. It's not really Sark's fault that he lacked an NFL arm.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1fosi36m said:
Orgeron is supposedly an ace recruiter and has gotten the USC players to compete for him. I think the big question is whether or not he's ready to be a HC outside the USC system. Has never been more than a positions coach before this year. Was never a D or O coordinator at any level from what I can tell. I think it would have made sense for USC to retain him as coach due familiarity, but might be a gamble for another major program.

I believe he was head coach at Mississippi or something like that for a few years, and it did not go well.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
MIKE FERRERI ‏@MikeKOMOsports 44m
Sarkisian will not coach Bowl game for #huskies no real definitive answer to who will coach team this month. @KOMO4Sports @komonews

DavidSeven

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2xcc8sbk said:
DavidSeven":2xcc8sbk said:

I believe he was head coach at Mississippi or something like that for a few years, and it did not go well.

Oops. You're right. And yeah, looks like an ugly tenure (3-9, 4-8, 3-8).

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think Haden offered the asst gig to Orgeron as a face saving move. I applaud Orgeron for telling USC to shove it. It was probably (ultimately) a 1 year deal to let Sark get his feet while keeping Orgeron quiet. Some reward. I like Orgeron more now than I did yesterday. When you get slapped in the face, only a puss turns the other cheek.

HawkWow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":30sxrpa9 said:
HawkWow":30sxrpa9 said:

Say what you will about Leinart as a pro, but he was a terrific college QB. It's not really Sark's fault that he lacked an NFL arm.

Leinert was more than weak armed, he also lacked discipline. I'm seeing a trend.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I wish before he let the cat out of the bag he would have met with his team.

They deserved to be the first to know. Not everyone on twitter.

Before accepting the job he should have called the AD and setup a meeting with the team.

To do anything less just leaves a sour taste.

Latest posts