Another domino: Raheem Morris to the Falcons

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

SI is the only site I see it reported. Odd though, they just completed their 2nd interview with Slowik, and by reports, they were high on him. I gotta wonder why it was Morris, especially since they had him in 2020 and chose not to retain him.

knownone

Reaction score
Good hire. I thought he would be our guy, and I am somewhat shocked that he chose Atlanta. It sounds like they didn't want him to leave the building because he had an in-person interview with JS tomorrow.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Heard he is a real players coach. The Rams just got weaker, which I'm all for.
The Rams get 3rd round comp picks now due to this hire. Which is a win/win for them.

I'm sure they're thrilled that one of their coaches got a promotion & they get draft compensation as well.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Morris is a good coach, and I believe his first HC gig was at age 32; so I wouldn't put it past him to do a good job with this opportunity.

That said, I am increasingly curious as to what John is going to do. Right now it feels like he has done a pretty good job of holding his water, as depending upon his level of interest in Morris, it doesn't appear that he has lost out on his guy. Hell, it could still could be that it has always been Quinn from the jump and everything else is due diligence.

With two seats remaining, and one probably going to Ben Johnson, it is wild to think that either Belichick or Vrabel (maybe both) will be left out. I know what way the league is trending, but I still believe that there aren't 12 better pro football coaches in the world than Carroll, Belichick and Vrabel.