Russ may be headed to Canada

Welshers2

Reaction score
I heard the Sasqatuchuan Rough Riders might have some interest. They're the only pro football team interested in this guy, even the xfl doesn't want him.

That's what my sources have told me at least. The catch? Me3 says he will only sign if they change their name to the "Russ Riders"

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I heard the Sasqatuchuan Rough Riders might have some interest. They're the only pro football team interested in this guy, even the xfl doesn't want him.

That's what my sources have told me at least. The catch? Me3 says he will only sign if they change their name to the "Russ Riders"
Actually remember Canada took the "Rocket" and paid him the most over the NFL?
They could take Me3 and not have to overpay.
I bet he'd love Toronto and the wider/longer canadian field.
He's not good at all in cold though but if Warren Moon thrived shouldn't Me3?

chrispy

Reaction score
Opens up a new perfume market....

evergreen

Reaction score
Ouch! Where’d that Warren Moon shade come from? I know he was cancelled but he could play.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Shade?
He played in Canada for years before the NFL.
He played in the CFL because the NFL teams of the 70's weren't "interested" in a QB of his "stature".

I watched a lot of those games as a kid. It was a tough time to be an Argos fan(actually any team's fan not named Edmonton Eskimos), as the Warren Moon led team won 5 straight championships.

They don't make dynasties like they used to.

RiverDog

Reaction score

Who are your sources? Do you have a link?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

OMFG.

Then, as one of the resident Canucks - if this is true, we need to go Trump style and build a wall at the border!

AND, further, if he does end up with the Rough Riders, I'll never be free of his crap, 'cause they are the Calgary Stampeders main Rivals!

Keep him out!!!!!! ;)

And, honestly "Russ Riders" is just a horrible concept - brought up 4 images that I'll have to spend today scrubbing from my brain! ;)

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I am assuming this thread is in jest. As a huge fan of the Saskatchewan Roughriders (yes that's how you spell it), there is absolutely zero talk of Russ. Can anyone see Russ playing in a league where the TEAM salary cap in a year is about $5M Canadian.

On that note, there is a small connection between the Riders and Hawks. our new coach, Corey Mace played a few yrs in Buffalo and was part of the same rookie class there as Marshawn and from what I have heard they are still friends. I am hoping for Beastmode to make a visit to a game so I can go total fan-boy

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I am assuming this thread is in jest. As a huge fan of the Saskatchewan Roughriders (yes that's how you spell it), there is absolutely zero talk of Russ. Can anyone see Russ playing in a league where the TEAM salary cap in a year is about $5M Canadian.

On that note, there is a small connection between the Riders and Hawks. our new coach, Corey Mace played a few yrs in Buffalo and was part of the same rookie class there as Marshawn and from what I have heard they are still friends. I am hoping for Beastmode to make a visit to a game so I can go total fan-boy
you.... melonhead ;)

;)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If there are no suitors for Russ in the nfl or xfl could it be possible? There have been a few washed up nflers who have gone to Canada to try and restart their careers. Not sure Ciara would like the prairie country a whole lot though. It'd probably have to be Montreal or Toronto. Vancouver is too close to the hate in Seattle and rains too much. Maybe Wilson could back up Chad Kelly?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Don't forget Russ gets 39 mill next year if he plays or not. He could get a few endorsements up here with Tim Hortons, a ketchup chip company, and maybe a lesser known sub sandwich shop...don't think Subway would take him back. He gets the league min contract at 32k Canadian throw in some endorsement deals and he will be just fine. Cfl qbs always get hurt so no doubt he would find his way off the bench. Toronto Argonauts...let's sail!

IndyHawk

Reaction score

He'll take $3 million,he picks the HC/OC and a office right next to the GM.Congrats CFL you got yourself the GOAT!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Don't forget Russ gets 39 mill next year if he plays or not. He could get a few endorsements up here with Tim Hortons, a ketchup chip company, and maybe a lesser known sub sandwich shop...don't think Subway would take him back. He gets the league min contract at 32k Canadian throw in some endorsement deals and he will be just fine. Cfl qbs always get hurt so no doubt he would find his way off the bench. Toronto Argonauts...let's sail!
ketchup chips - too funny

I actually sent one of my old bosses a case of ketchup chips (old dutch) when he moved to Seattle from Ottawa to work for Microsoft -

Boycie

Reaction score

Saskatchatoon!