Sark Headed to USC

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ldgo50j said:
Chapow":3ldgo50j said:
HawkWow":3ldgo50j said:
DavidSeven":3ldgo50j said:
Say what you will about Leinart as a pro, but he was a terrific college QB. It's not really Sark's fault that he lacked an NFL arm.

Leinert was more than weak armed, he also lacked discipline. I'm seeing a trend.

He didn't lack a Heisman trophy or a National Championship though.

Then I underestimate him. All this time I thought he had a pretty good team around him. Neither the Heisman, or the Natty, are (in reality) individual awards.

Point to a post where anyone ever said that he didn't have a pretty good team around him or your post is bullshit.
Believe it or not, it's possible to be a very good college QB even if you have a very good team around you.

And you are wrong, the Heisman is, in fact, an individual award.

The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award, is awarded annually to the person deemed the most outstanding player in collegiate football.

USChawk

Reaction score
Dwayne Jarrett? Mike Williams?

What did they do in the pros? They must be terrible and their opinions meaningless. LOL.

It's cool HawkWow, we all get fired up for our college teams/alma maters.

You could be right that USC made a big mistake and time will tell. I'm not big on the hire but the only person I would of got really geeked about was Gruden which of course was a pipe dream.

I don't think Kiffin was a terrible coach as much as just a corpse as a personality. I'll never figure out how he was so good at recruiting, when did the sales pitch end and the corpse take over? The players didn't get inspired by him and weren't having fun thus they didn't put forth the effort on the field. If Sark can recruit and get the kids up for games then SC should be fine.

But again who knows? That's why we sit here and debate on internet message boards instead of doing our jobs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":1pakgsj0 said:
Smith and Byrd were 2, add Lendale White to the mix...how many TDs did White and Bush run for during Leinert's Heisman run? Oh, USC's D sucked too, right?

Wow. Steve Smith, Dominique Byrd and Lendale White. Amazing group of talent there.

Matt Leinart was a special QB in college. You know who else was? Tim Tebow and Vince Young. They were all terrible in the pros but that doesn't lessen their college careers.

Now if Matt Leinart came out and commented about some pro coach teaching him things.. thats one thing. But its hilarious to bash Sark, when you have a lot better examples, listing the comment his college QB at USC made while they won 2 titles in 3 years.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Speaking of "stepping stone" with the exception of Barkley, that's what USC is for QBs. QBs that get exposed like chumps at the next level after "stepping" away early and losing the all star cast that once supported them.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ki1fg1x said:
HawkWow":3ki1fg1x said:
Smith and Byrd were 2, add Lendale White to the mix...how many TDs did White and Bush run for during Leinert's Heisman run? Oh, USC's D sucked too, right?

Wow. Steve Smith, Dominique Byrd and Lendale White. Amazing group of talent there.

Matt Leinart was a special QB in college. You know who else was? Tim Tebow and Vince Young. They were all terrible in the pros but that doesn't lessen their college careers.

Now if Matt Leinart came out and commented about some pro coach teaching him things.. thats one thing. But its hilarious to bash Sark, when you have a lot better examples, listing the comment his college QB at USC made while they won 2 titles in 3 years.

You talk about him like he was a non-factor, LOL, How many TDs did White give USC? I'll wait for you to look it up. Wipe the egg from your face before formulating your next reply. Take away Bush and White and USC is in the Holiday bowl with Leinert.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Good. He can "go home" where he can " win championships"

Jim mora where are you?

jkitsune

Reaction score
This thread has gotten really silly really fast. Sark's gone. Some are happy, some are sad. UW could be better off for it, it could be worse for it. Regardless of if Sark leaving is a good thing, the program's a lot better off now than when he got there, and I appreciate that. We couldn't say that for Gilbertson or Willingham, and arguably not for Neuheisel either.

What's most important now is that they hire the right guy.

cesame

Reaction score
I actually think this is a good thing for UW, but it's still great watching some posters have a meltdown.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":3q241d0l said:
Hasselbeck":3q241d0l said:
HawkWow":3q241d0l said:

You talk about him like he was a non-factor, LOL, How many TDs did White give USC? I'll wait for you to look it up. Wipe the egg from your face before formulating your next reply. Take away Bush and White and USC is in the Holiday bowl with Leinert.

Oh I see.. so now college performance matters again. Thought we were basing their talent off of what they did in the NFL. Neat.

:th2thumbs:

To recap Hawkwow in this thread..
- Sark to USC is bad and Matt Leinart's praise justifies it because he sucked in the NFL.
- Then suddenly Leinart was carried by NFL talent
- That "NFL Talent" is named, and then Hawkwow goes back to college stats.

Btw.. Leinart's numbers were so bad in college under Sark: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla ... art-1.html

kearly

Reaction score
HawkWow":3bsc9air said:
Matt Leinert saying he loves the hire. "Sark taught (him) everything (he) knows".

That makes me feeling much better about Sark's departure.

SMH.

It's kind of annoying how most of the Sark detractors are forced to use one-liners straight out of talk radio to justify their position.

I choose to hate Sark because he's a traitor, not because he was a failure as a coach.

HawkWow":3bsc9air said:
Edited for masked words, sorry thats a no no.

On the other hand, this was just an awesome quote.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I just hope that whoever the new coach is for UW he has the ability and staff to not only recruit talented linemen, both offensive and defensive, but to develop them throughout their stay in school. I'm so sick of watching the Huskies get dominated at the line of scrimmage time and again.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":20kum1zw said:
kearly":20kum1zw said:
I admit I know nothing about the guy, but from what I'm reading in here, Ogeron sounds like a guy worth interviewing.

Would be a pretty terrible hire IMO. Orgeron is a monster recruiter but as an X's and O's guy he lacks a lot. His tenure at Ole Miss was a train wreck.

Now, he could very well have learned a lot from his first mess and is a born again coach as a result of it. After all Pete Carroll had the same thing. But Carroll also never had the tenure Orgeron did at Ole Miss either.

If Washington's new HC were to pluck Orgeron and place him on his staff though - that'd be a major coup.

Not saying you are wrong, but USC played much better after Ogeron took over. I'm guessing part of that could be the players responding to a coaching change, but it wasn't like USC was barely losing with Kiffin and then barely winning with Ogeron. They were totally different team after Ogeron took over, night and day. If he's as bad an X's and O's guy as people suggest, he must be the greatest motivator of all time.

I was one of the very, very first on the Kiffin sucks bandwagon, and even I don't think Kiffin sucks that much to make a below average coach look like a coach of the year candidate.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3nutsn11 said:
You guys should go after Helfrich. :)

Enjoy the Ducks beating on the Huskies while you can....it won't last. I remember from the late 70s thru early 90s when Ducks could maybe score 10 points in 2 years against the Huskies. The years the when the Ducks thought going to a bowl game meant heading to the bathroom toilet.

kearly

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to mention this, but there is one major factor behind this move that no one is talking about but they should be.

UW is in for a pretty steep decline next year. I am totally stone cold serious when I say that even Colorado and Cal have some young talent at QB. Miles doesn't even meet that standard, and for all we know he could be the best of our three QBs. Even if I'm wrong and Miles is a solid QB, solid is a pretty big step down from the record setting production Price has given us the last 3 years. In addition to that we are basically losing our core to the NFL. Not just Price, but likely Sankey, ASJ, Smith, Parker, possibly Shelton and several other major defensive players.

Even with a weak OOC schedule, it's going to be tough to get next year's Husky team to 8 or 9 wins. Sure, they are a lock to start 4-0, but they were 4-0 this year and basically went .500 in a brutal Pac-12 with a far more talented team. It might have taken Sark a few years to recover from losing Price, the same way that Romar is in a slump right now after he lost those two major recruits to the NBA. I could definitely see him getting fired a few years out, and so I think the premature calls for his job gave him that same "escape a burning building" mentality that Pete had at USC when he came to Seattle.

Wasn't Sark 4-0 when Kiffin got fired? Not that I know, but I truly believe Sark was asked and said "no" to USC that week. But after the last half of the season, I think the tone changed, and in retrospect, his leaving for USC makes a lot of sense.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man I hope it isn't our former OC, current OC for Alabama..........that would bum me out.

Latest posts