Quarterback in draft to Seahawks? Maybe a Trojan Horse... (USC?)

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Are we trying to trick the other teams about our draft choice? Pete and John have a tradition of mis-leading comments before the draft. Maybe they are hoping other teams will try to trade up to pick up the latest and greatest...

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article272639865.html

The Seahawks have an awesome quarterback now in Geno. So maybe drafting a quarterback is not a major need. Geno is in contract negotiations now and Drew Lock could be "coached up" into a great backup and even an eventual starter...

I am hoping that we draft defense heavy with either Carter or Anderson at the first pick and then pick up nose guard Siaki Ika early. We obviously need a linebacker and Daiyan Henley from WSU would be a "unifying choice" with former teammate, Tackle Abraham Lewis, who is also a Cougar. These "mental connections" between players really matter! How about a Safety too?

But,we do really need a center now. Which way do we go? Draft or Free Agent? I think we need some Free Agent experience at the Center, but should draft an interior lineman like Schmitz as early as possible.

So, I hope that this is an attempt by Pete and John to create a feeling of desperation from the other teams that they can use to the Seahawks advantage...