Sark Headed to USC

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Is Nussmeier the OC in Alabama? He would be nice because at least the focus would be on the right areas - OL/DL. That's what is missing. Price stinks. He's cost the Huskies so many games, it's ridiculous. Wilcox isn't a great loss, IMO. The defense was better but still could have been better (more consistent).

Side note: Duck fans are quacking about how good they are. What happened against Arizona? The Huskies beat them. The Pac-12 have a host of mediocre teams and Oregon/Stanford are starting to come back to that too.

davidonmi

Reaction score
word is mora to UW. Just a rumor. Source is he's meeting with Woodward tonight

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm disappointed Sark left, because he effusively talked about how long he wanted to stay here, more so than a guy just providing lip service. However, I hope he does well down at SC, he's a good guy, and I think SC is a good fit for him. College football is better when SC is legit and I hope he takes them back to the level of winning pac 12 titles. I really doubt he ever wins a natty though.

I think the list begins with Mora, its a call you have to make and you have to be ready to spend the money to buy out the contract and pay for the staff he'll want to bring, which are all seasoned, expensive, quality guys. I don't think he leaves UCLA though. I think he'd do well at UW though, his weird combination of oversensitivity and toughness will work in Seattle.

davidonmi

Reaction score
feldman now conflicting the sportsboner and collegefootballscoop reports. Says according to a source he's in calif. recruiting.
This is crazy

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Looking back when Mora was our coach....

I was a Husky fan -- that'd put me off big time.

GCrow

Reaction score
davidonmi":kq9bndw3 said:
feldman now conflicting the sportsboner and collegefootballscoop reports. Says according to a source he's in calif. recruiting.
This is crazy
Somebody named "SportsBoner" is putting out conflicting/untrue info? Well, I am just shocked.

cover-2

Reaction score
Good, Sark has been underachieving the last couple of years & he was getting on my nerves.

Is Tank Johnson available?

tjohnson1.jpg
Tank-Johnson-197x300.jpg

HidH4742306500444659w241h172c7rs1pid1
Tank johnson

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man I don't know, but I just have a feeling that this is gonna set Washington back more than it will help.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Most of those skill players from the best USC teams under Pete weren't so great at the next level. Smith had a very solid career until he trashed his knee. Reggie has had a good career, though never to the level of expectations people had when he was drafted. Byrd didn't make it long. Williams flamed out other than his couple years in Seattle. LenDale had a couple decent years and then disappeared. Dwayne Jarrett never did a thing at the next level. Colbert is a far better coach than he was an NFL receiver. Justin Fargas had a good career until his body broke down.

They were great in college because Pete made them a team and brought out the best in them. Leinart (not Leinert) was the leader of that team and helped bring them all together. He had a fantastic career in college that should not be denigrated based on his lack of NFL success.

I have no idea how Sark will do as USC's head coach. It does feel a bit like Kiffin 2.0, but there are also differences. Sark has had more success as a HC (don't forget just how low the Huskies had gotten before he arrived). He is more mature and handles the media far better. He has a more outgoing personality that college kids respond to well. He also was originally being groomed by Pete as the likely successor for when Pete eventually retired. UW changed all that.

Sark is from L.A. He actually originally went to USC to play baseball and ended up transferring out to play at BYU and be coached by Norm Chow. He's had three stints as offensive assistant, QB coach and then OC at USC under Pete. He truly is going home. And for those who are angry about it, he quite possibly could have left UW after one year to replace Pete. He didn't. He stayed for his initial 2-year contract plus two more years.

Losing Ed O. hurts. He was at USC before Pete and has been a HUGE part of our recruiting success during his two stints as recruiting coordinator and DL coach. Though he is from LA, not L.A., and is a Miami alum, he loves USC as much as anyone. He recently said he'd wanted to coach at USC since he was six years old. I understand why he's hurt, and he obviously has gotten the itch to be a HC again. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen at USC. But he will always be a Trojan. As they say, you're a Bruin for four years but a Trojan for life!

Hopefully this will work out for all parties in the end, including UW. Time will tell.

Fight On!

davidonmi

Reaction score
NEWS IS BREAKING, only one rumor but it says Mora to UW

mikeak

Reaction score
So was listening to the Herd this morning and he had a sports writer from California on today (sorry no clue what his name was). They talked about the hire and the writer made an interesting point.

He said that PC had all his coordinators mock interview every year. He said PC thought part of his job was to put his coordinators in better jobs at all times. He was therefore not surprised that Sark came in and nailed it with the USC guys as he had mock interviewed for that exact job multiple times over.

You can take away from it what you want but it told me that when others try to hold back coordinators (read 49ers that didn't let some interview this year) PC believes that people should always aspire and his job is to mentor them to succed.

Kind of cool