Sark Headed to USC

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Take it for what its worth, could change every five minutes, but this says Mora is staying at UCLA:

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1246329.html

Jim Mora is staying at UCLA, according to good sources close to the football program.
The UCLA administration met with Mora Monday and he assured them that he's not entertaining any other coaching position and committed to returning to UCLA.

Apparently, Mora and his agent did receive overtures from other programs, but he turned them down, the sources indicated.

Mora's entire staff, too, is committed to returning. Of course, guaranteeing the entire staff will return is a bit dubious, but as of now the staff intends to return.

Mora, according to sources, wanted assurances from UCLA that it intends to increase his staffs salaries.

rottweiler

Reaction score
JSeahawks":11hr27l2 said:
Take it for what its worth, could change every five minutes, but this says Mora is staying at UCLA:

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1246329.html

Jim Mora is staying at UCLA, according to good sources close to the football program.
The UCLA administration met with Mora Monday and he assured them that he's not entertaining any other coaching position and committed to returning to UCLA.

Apparently, Mora and his agent did receive overtures from other programs, but he turned them down, the sources indicated.

Mora's entire staff, too, is committed to returning. Of course, guaranteeing the entire staff will return is a bit dubious, but as of now the staff intends to return.

Mora, according to sources, wanted assurances from UCLA that it intends to increase his staffs salaries.

Makes sense to me.

mikeak

Reaction score
And you should always take a coach at his word especially as it relates to staying!

Sincerely,

Nick Saban

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
mikeak":27id7r9p said:
So was listening to the Herd this morning and he had a sports writer from California on today (sorry no clue what his name was). They talked about the hire and the writer made an interesting point.

He said that PC had all his coordinators mock interview every year. He said PC thought part of his job was to put his coordinators in better jobs at all times. He was therefore not surprised that Sark came in and nailed it with the USC guys as he had mock interviewed for that exact job multiple times over.

You can take away from it what you want but it told me that when others try to hold back coordinators (read 49ers that didn't let some interview this year) PC believes that people should always aspire and his job is to mentor them to succed.

Kind of cool

I both really love that and hate it at the same time lol. Look at it this way though, this thinking helps get the most and best effort from his coaches at all times.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I found myself having mixed emotions about Sark's departure last night. Then I listened to his radio interview just minutes prior to packing for SC. I never trusted Sark and my intuition was correct. I am very happy about this *liar's departure. Interesting that Kiffin went into USC lying through his teeth, and now his boyfriend Sark is too. Out of the frying pan, into the fire? Couldn't care less and look forward to the SC faithful ultimately unloading on this lying A-hole.

*Yes, I know lying isn't uncommon in today's world. Especially under his circumstances yesterday. It wasn't as much his unabashed denial as it was the delivery of his denial. The guy is a snake. Good riddance snake.

sc85sis

Reaction score
mikeak":ttwrp3s3 said:
So was listening to the Herd this morning and he had a sports writer from California on today (sorry no clue what his name was). They talked about the hire and the writer made an interesting point.

He said that PC had all his coordinators mock interview every year. He said PC thought part of his job was to put his coordinators in better jobs at all times. He was therefore not surprised that Sark came in and nailed it with the USC guys as he had mock interviewed for that exact job multiple times over.

You can take away from it what you want but it told me that when others try to hold back coordinators (read 49ers that didn't let some interview this year) PC believes that people should always aspire and his job is to mentor them to succed.

Kind of cool
Yep, this is true. I have the audio of one of Pete's corporate speaking gigs from several years ago (it was available on the original version of his website) and he mentioned this. He said he told all his guys that he would do whatever he could to help them get their dream job. The mock interviews were part of that; the rest of the staff provided feedback.

He also said that once they did decide to leave he'd compete like crazy to keep them, and that he always worked to have a plan for what to do when someone left.